CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Thenardier
ccured
Latti
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
roosterdude21
Spurticus
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1301)
Stadium Ratings-Site (949)
NBA Wants to Up Age (634)
HELP calculating acr (352)
How Experienced In P (333)
40 Ways You Know You (318)
South Carolina @ Aub (148)
Super-Efficient Ax (147)
Amazing a List of Us (126)
Holly Trees pruning (90)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
Where will we be preseaso
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Gamecock cheerleader with
South Carolina @ Auburn S
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1

Old 12-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #101
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: That just about does it guys

Missouri hasn't played in a Florida bowl game since the 60's or something crazy like that. USC has never played in Texas right? Cotton is still in play for USC.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #102
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

C2: I think what keeps The Cap-1 from picking Mizzou is their fans just went over 1000 miles to go to Atlanta... And asking a bunch of them to travel 1400 miles 3-1/2 weeks later is a lot to ask. Dallas is much closer to Mizzou than Orlando is.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #103
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

geography and history has the Cotton Bowl picking a team from the west. When was the last time a team from the east played in the Cotton Bowl?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #104
chrism7d4
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2061
chrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
geography and history has the Cotton Bowl picking a team from the west. When was the last time a team from the east played in the Cotton Bowl?
chrism7d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #105
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Only four SEC teams not going to bowls and three of them are from the east.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #106
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 161
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Only four SEC teams not going to bowls and three of them are from the east.
Who is it I can't remember, UK, Ark, UF and........

Edit: NVM UTenn, I always forget them.
Thenardier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #107
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Who is it I can't remember, UK, Ark, UF and........

Edit: NVM UTenn, I always forget them.
Love your veiled smack 24/7

But one thing's for sure, if my team was in the SECCG and won, I wouldn't be posting afterwards all night on a rival message board about the Duke game, displaying my lack of close personal relationships and need for attention
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #108
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Capital One pays $4.3 million. Cotton $3.6 million.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #109
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Love your veiled smack 24/7
It wasn't smack, I honestly forgot UTenn.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #110
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
It wasn't smack, I honestly forgot UTenn.
It's okay dude. You're gold, for one reason, and for one reason only:

You started the Clemson-WV Orange Bowl thread.

Balls.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #111
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Capital One pays $4.3 million. Cotton $3.6 million.
I wonder if it makes a difference which one we go to, I mean the SEC will have a team in each game. Doesn't the money go in the SEC pot and distributed next year?
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #112
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I wonder if it makes a difference which one we go to, I mean the SEC will have a team in each game. Doesn't the money go in the SEC pot and distributed next year?
Exactly. Not a deciding factor
Old 12-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #113
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

We were in Orlando for the Cap 1 two years ago. I was down in Orlando for the UCF game this year. I'm just ready for something different in the Cotton Bowl. It won't matter to me what Bowl game we get because we've still had a great year but it doesn't bother me to say that I'm ready for something new.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #114
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 1861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Quote:
Exactly. Not a deciding factor
I know the SEC splits but doesn't the team involved in the game get 15% off the top before the split?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #115
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Quote:
It's okay dude. You're gold, for one reason, and for one reason only:

You started the Clemson-WV Orange Bowl thread.

Balls.
I'm pretty sure West Virginia just scored again.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #116
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I know the SEC splits but doesn't the team involved in the game get 15% off the top before the split?
I believe the participating team gets 10% plus travel expenses.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #117
Gamecock_girl_west
1st Team All-SEC

Female

Gamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot material

Last time Mizzou played in Florida was in 1981 in the Tangerine Bowl, which became the Citrus Bowl which became...

It's funny how 10 years ago we wanted a Bowl game, 5 years ago we all wanted a Florida Bowl game and now we want a BCS game (or Cotton Bowl, which really should've been a BCS Bowl).

I just wish they'd go back to Citrus and Peach Bowl names. Outback is probably better than HoF Bowl.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #118
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagles06 View Post
Not too excited about Cap 1. That puts the turd right on top of a season I had very high expectations for. Not interested in watching us play another Big 10 team in a bowl we were just in 2 years ago. Beating Wisconsin isn't a big deal. Beating any Big 10 team isn't a big deal.
This. The Big Ten is marginally better than the ACC, that is a fact. But even if they are better, what are you measuring against . . . a pile of poop?

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #119
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Another 11 win season.
Yeah, an 11th win that we would get after beating a Big Ten team in a Florida bowl. That should sound familiar.

Color me the exact opposite of excited.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #120
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

yeah, im tired of the Florida scene and playig Big10 teams. I would rather play in the Cotton Bowl so we can switch it up a bit. Its a dome nfl stadium with a massive video boards, Big12 team.

I just hate the idea of playing another Big10 team 3 years in a row.