CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Singaporecock
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
usc1
2000grad
ktguen
3MTA3
markp_vip
jrussjr
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Larenz Bryant update (876)
Hillsborough (540)
2015 - Chris Clark (473)
2016 - Greg Little (470)
Joeckel Transfering (466)
UK's Whitlow to tran (455)
Bamberg High School (311)
USC Tartan Unvieled (257)
Its April 15th and i (256)
Jameis Winston's Accuser
A'ja Wilson
purchasing football ticke
Need Bama-USC Tickets (Ba
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Larenz Bryant update?
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
MLS Atlanta
UK's Whitlow to transfer
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 12-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #41
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in
Default Re: CBS commentators

Danielson is a prick. Always has been. Verne is kind of an idiot but he's so old he's funny to me .
Old 12-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #42
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

He might suck, but he was right about Mizz's 3 man DL getting handled - especially on sweeps. They didn't seal the edge when it counted. I was wondering if they had anyone in the booth.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #43
WoodCocky
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 455
WoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
I see it differently. These offenses are incredible. Our offense would sputter out and keep our D on the field. I'm not glad we didn't make it, but I'm not sad either.
Well you don't know anything about football do you. Tonight neither team had a run stop defense at all. Our D line and linebackers would have done a hell of job against both of these teams tonight. If we played like we did against Clemson we would win or have lost by less than a td.

Gary is a prick and Vern is a tool. CBS has set up Danielson to be the "know it all guy" and Vern "the ass kisser to Gary", They both show favoritism of one team in every game they call and if Gary didn't have someone in his ear telling him what to talk about and he was trying to do it all himself that would be funny as hell.

I love when he is saying that the he knows what the ref's or the players and the coaches are talking about, like about the questionable TD for Missouri and how it would be called back. It wasn't and the rest of the game he kept addressing on how Missouri got one handed to them or that was pay back for that Missouri miss TD call. He had to make his point thru out the game that he knew what he was talking about.

Damn they are the worst.
WoodCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #44
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
He might suck, but he was right about Mizz's 3 man DL getting handled - especially on sweeps. They didn't seal the edge when it counted. I was wondering if they had anyone in the booth.
Mizzouri's defensive game plan sucked.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #45
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodCocky View Post
Well you don't know anything about football do you. Tonight neither team had a run stop defense at all. Our D line and linebackers would have done a hell of job against both of these teams tonight. If we played like we did against Clemson we would win or have lost by less than a td.

Gary is a prick and Vern is a tool. CBS has set up Danielson to be the "know it all guy" and Vern "the ass kisser to Gary", They both show favoritism of one team in every game they call and if Gary didn't have someone in his ear telling him what to talk about and he was trying to do it all himself that would be funny as hell.

I love when he is saying that the he knows what the ref's or the players and the coaches are talking about, like about the questionable TD for Missouri and how it would be called back. It wasn't and the rest of the game he kept addressing on how Missouri got one handed to them or that was pay back for that Missouri miss TD call. He had to make his point thru out the game that he knew what he was talking about.

Damn they are the worst.
my favorite thing was when in the first half he was talking about a Mizzouri incomplete TD pass. saying he caught the ball. he controlled it the ground. then he realized oh yeah he was more than half way in the white. I was trying to figure out why he was talking about catching the ball when he was so far out of bounds
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #46
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

You could tell that wasn't the first time Danielson was trying to make "4 inches" sounds really special and important
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:22 AM   #47
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
"How. Do. You. Do."

Wtf kinda shit is that to say after a TD?
Lol he says that almost every game.

Gary & Vern are like how Pat & John were during their last days of broadcasting. Just two old farts in the booth collecting checks instead of being on a beach somewhere enjoying retirement.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:29 AM   #48
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Lol he says that almost every game.

Gary & Vern are like how Pat & John were during their last days of broadcasting. Just two old farts in the booth collecting checks instead of being on a beach somewhere enjoying retirement.
Yea I know. It's like he starts to say something but then realizes he has nothing to say so just says that. I'm just thinking, how much is this clown getting paid to just say random nonsense?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:33 AM   #49
WoodCocky
4-Star

Male

WoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
my favorite thing was when in the first half he was talking about a Mizzouri incomplete TD pass. saying he caught the ball. he controlled it the ground. then he realized oh yeah he was more than half way in the white. I was trying to figure out why he was talking about catching the ball when he was so far out of bounds
I know right! He went on and on about it and sounded like an idiot!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #50
WoodCocky
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
You could tell that wasn't the first time Danielson was trying to make "4 inches" sounds really special and important
Oh Sh!t
Old 12-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #51
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

What really gets me is the fact that they don't understand half the rules. For example on the Missouri two point conversion, they kept saying the left tackle was eligible to catch a pass. He was correct in that Missouri didn't have him covered up because they were running an unbalance look but be us completely wrong when he kept saying they had to worry about him going out.

In college and HS it doesn't matter if you are covered or not, if you wear a number from 50-79 you can't catch a pass. Only the NFL allows these numbers to catch passes and they must report to the ref prior to the play that they are eligible. This mistake which he repeated like 10x just shows a lack of understanding.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #52
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

rrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spurs

It's time for Verne to retire...he and Danielson together are insufferable
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #53
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaze7683 View Post
Are you talking about Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy?

They are not good... AT. ALL!
Watching Spongebob as I type this...
Old 12-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #54
partyguy708
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 25346000
partyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
Actually I'm not sad we aren't playing today. We can't play at this level.
yea that makes sense genius, no way we could roll into atlanta and give up 500+ yards rushing to a team that forecasts the run on every play, Way too difficult.

Enjoys intellectually stimulating conversation.
partyguy708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #55
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

First let me say I agree with CBS Vern/Gary are bad. One thing I did notice while watching FOX was those guys are not to bad. They let the game play out while you watch and unlike E$PN they don't try to show how stupid the viewers are. Listen not a FOX fan overall but I thought they did a good job. Proving unlike frick, frack and fickle from E$PN it does not take 3 people in the booth talking over each other to make points.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #56
cocksmith1or11
Bawl Coach

Male

cocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
They were talking about Ellis Johnson made no mention of the last SEC school he coached at, SC, instead says "he had a couple stints at Alabama"
They also failed to mention his embarrassing one year head coaching disaster

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #57
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
First let me say I agree with CBS Vern/Gary are bad. One thing I did notice while watching FOX was those guys are not to bad. They let the game play out while you watch and unlike E$PN they don't try to show how stupid the viewers are. Listen not a FOX fan overall but I thought they did a good job. Proving unlike frick, frack and fickle from E$PN it does not take 3 people in the booth talking over each other to make points.
I can't stand Vern and Gary but Gus Jonhson is terrible as well. The fact that Fox lets him call UEFA games is asinine.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #58
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
I can't stand Vern and Gary but Gus Jonhson is terrible as well. The fact that Fox lets him call UEFA games is asinine.

If Gus Johnson is terrible who do you think is good? Gus Johnson's the best in the biz.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #59
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
If Gus Johnson is terrible who do you think is good? Gus Johnson's the best in the biz.
I agree. Gus Johnson is great. I loved hearing him call basketball games during March Madness. I admit that I was bummed when he didn't re-up with CBS just because of that...
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #60
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
gus is the best in the basketball business I am not so sure about in the football business.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote