CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
acejrock
NJCocky14
roosterdude21
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7906)
Super-Efficient Ax (310)
South Carolina @ Aub (271)
BREAD (229)
Starz Black Sails (158)
Dress shirt help (148)
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Josh Cunningham Power For
2016 - Greg Little
2015 - Auden Tate
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?
What is your perfect egg?
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Connor Mitch

Old 12-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
tmac20031
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
tmac20031 has feathers coming intmac20031 has feathers coming intmac20031 has feathers coming in
Default Season tickets - lower levels - how?!

Naturally, I am already thinking about next year. I can't help it. I was wondering if someone knows what it takes to get season tickets on the lower levels of Williams Brice? I just don't understand how it works. I mean, I understand there is a point system, but there are roughly 15000 club members and about 30000 seats in the lower levels not including band or student seats. So I can't for the life of me figure out why a lot of members, including myself, get shafted with upper level seats. What am I missing? I couldn't find any questions about this in the forums.
I was explaining to this recruit and his dad,..a baptist minister, that the Carolina campus is a truly spiritual place without distraction when this co-ed strolls by with this ridiculously undersized shirt that read 'You Cant Lick Our Cocks.'What am I supposed to say after that?" -Steve Spurrier
tmac20031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
greatwhitecock
Recruit

Male

greatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his comb
Default Re: Season tickets - lower levels - how?!

$$$$$. If you join the GCC at a higher giving level you stand a better chance as you pass everyone at a lower giving level regardless of points. This will be my 4th year and I'm roundhouse. Most of the seats you want seldom become available and until they move or quit we just wait :( Out of 16000 members the majority have more than one seat of course. I personally have four but they are in section 15 lower corner. You can def get seats there but if you do sit at least 20 rows up for the best view. I'm going to try for sideline seats myself this year for two of my seats so I feel ya and wish you luck!

Last edited by greatwhitecock; 12-08-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spellcheck!
greatwhitecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
tmac20031
Walk On

Male

tmac20031 has feathers coming intmac20031 has feathers coming intmac20031 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhitecock View Post
$$$$$. If you join the GCC at a higher giving level you stand a better chance. This will be my 4th year and I'm roundhouse. Most of the seats you want seldom become available. Out of 16000 members the majority have more than one seat of course. I personally have four but they are in section 15 lower corner. You can def get seats there but if you do sit at least 20 rows up for the best view. I'm going to try for sideline seats myself this year for two of my seats so I feel ya and wish you luck!
Duh, that's what I was missing...multiple seats, lol. That makes sense. Thx.
I was explaining to this recruit and his dad,..a baptist minister, that the Carolina campus is a truly spiritual place without distraction when this co-ed strolls by with this ridiculously undersized shirt that read 'You Cant Lick Our Cocks.'What am I supposed to say after that?" -Steve Spurrier

Last edited by tmac20031; 12-08-2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Misread
tmac20031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20031 View Post
Naturally, I am already thinking about next year. I can't help it. I was wondering if someone knows what it takes to get season tickets on the lower levels of Williams Brice? I just don't understand how it works. I mean, I understand there is a point system, but there are roughly 15000 club members and about 30000 seats in the lower levels not including band or student seats. So I can't for the life of me figure out why a lot of members, including myself, get shafted with upper level seats. What am I missing? I couldn't find any questions about this in the forums.
You are mistaken. You can get lower level seats at any giving level.. membership gives you the option to buy seats. Higher giving levels simply earn more points and get to pick seats sooner or get priority on away games.

You pick your seats, so the only one that is shafting anyone is yourself.

if you want lower level, select them when your time comes up. My friends and I have 8 in the south lower (the cheapest seat license) and we got those we when were giving very little.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

There are more like 45,000 seats in the lower levels; I'm Roundhouse and have great seats in the section next to the band.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
You are mistaken. You can get lower level seats at any giving level.. membership gives you the option to buy seats. Higher giving levels simply earn more points and get to pick seats sooner or get priority on away games.
Beat me to it.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Pay the higher YES fee and you will have plenty to choose from in lower level.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
nuclearcock
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 700
nuclearcock is sharpening his clawsnuclearcock is sharpening his clawsnuclearcock is sharpening his clawsnuclearcock is sharpening his clawsnuclearcock is sharpening his claws

My understanding is you get your time to pick seats based on your giving level. So a Silver Spur would get to choose before all other lower levels. You time slot in the SS level would be based on priority points but even if you don't have that many priority points then you could still choose before lower giving levels. I use to be a Silver Spur and I had lower west seats but I'm very short and I could never see when all the tall people stood up. I also didn't like paying $200 per seat Yes fee. So about 2 years ago, I dropped to full scholarship and they told me I would loose my seats. I choose seats in the upper South endzone but at the time there were plenty available in the lower west. I actually like my seats much better. I only pay $50 yes fees per seat(saving $600 per year) and I'm front row middle of the upper South endzone. You can see the plays develop better from this vantage point and I love that I can see without tall people blocking me out. Plus, I have a rail to lean on and the media board is directly in front of me. I would say the only good thing about lower west is being able to walk up the stairs from your seat through the block section to the gamecock room rather than going down and then back up the ramp, but that's it.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I personally think the best seats are the first row of the upper level.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
highstick
Walk On

Male

highstick is learning to peck

Yep, I've been up there for 13-14 years and the view is much better. Only downside is putting up with visiting fans, but if WE would buy 'em all up, there wouldn't be any visiting fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearcock View Post
My understanding is you get your time to pick seats based on your giving level. So a Silver Spur would get to choose before all other lower levels. You time slot in the SS level would be based on priority points but even if you don't have that many priority points then you could still choose before lower giving levels. I use to be a Silver Spur and I had lower west seats but I'm very short and I could never see when all the tall people stood up. I also didn't like paying $200 per seat Yes fee. So about 2 years ago, I dropped to full scholarship and they told me I would loose my seats. I choose seats in the upper South endzone but at the time there were plenty available in the lower west. I actually like my seats much better. I only pay $50 yes fees per seat(saving $600 per year) and I'm front row middle of the upper South endzone. You can see the plays develop better from this vantage point and I love that I can see without tall people blocking me out. Plus, I have a rail to lean on and the media board is directly in front of me. I would say the only good thing about lower west is being able to walk up the stairs from your seat through the block section to the gamecock room rather than going down and then back up the ramp, but that's it.
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

More money will give you more options.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

If you guys don't mind me asking. I have been a Gamecock Club member on and off, but now I am just starting to be financially stable enough to be able to join every year and earn some points.
So if I wanted to go in with some of my family members and get a couple of season tickets in the upper level, how much would those be?

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #13
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Bump?

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #14
GamecockMenace85
Walk On

Male

GamecockMenace85 has hatched from the shell

Next yr, I will be a first time gamecock club member and hoping to buy season tix in the first row of the upper deck, or near by... 1. Is this possible as a first timer and 2. When can I first apply for season tix for next season?

GamecockMenace85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMenace85 View Post
Next yr, I will be a first time gamecock club member and hoping to buy season tix in the first row of the upper deck, or near by... 1. Is this possible as a first timer and 2. When can I first apply for season tix for next season?

Yes it is possible.

I know the deadline to renew membership is January. That is for current members. You will won't to join in that time as well. Season ticket applications for next season wont go out until april, maybe?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #16
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMenace85 View Post

It's possible, but you are gonna need to give at a level a lot higher than the first couple tiers
Old 12-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #17
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
If you guys don't mind me asking. I have been a Gamecock Club member on and off, but now I am just starting to be financially stable enough to be able to join every year and earn some points.
So if I wanted to go in with some of my family members and get a couple of season tickets in the upper level, how much would those be?
If you're a GC member, then you just need to request season tickets though your online account. Here's the pricing info:

http://itsgreattobeagamecock.com/2013/03/28/pricing-3/
Old 12-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Bust your 4 into two sets of 2 and that should make it alot easier to get where you want to be.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
It would be around $1000 for two

$60 x1 - Roundhouse Membership
$50 x2- Seat donation
$400 x2- Tickets

The ticket price varies from year to year depending on opponents. For example, face value for season ticket holders for the Clemson game was $80, and it was $65 two years ago.

The seat donation is what varies the most depending on where the seat is located. People who sit in the better seats pay the same cost for tickets as everyone else, but they pay way more for their seat donation. Thousands of dollars in some cases. Most of the upper deck is $50.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #20
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Pride View Post
It's possible, but you are gonna need to give at a level a lot higher than the first couple tiers
This.