CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
RGHoskins
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ccured
robgusc76
Gyle41386
NJGCfan
Thenardier
Mangus now coaching (1826)
Can Tennessee get to (1259)
ESPN Article on HBC (988)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (794)
2 Crazy things (759)
Spread vs. aTm (745)
Chick Redefines the (721)
Lindy's top 100 for (704)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (609)
The Bama series (503)
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2015 - Davon Durant

Old 12-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #21
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material
Default Re: #9 in BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
They went to ATL. We didn't. That's the only reason I can think of.

Unfortunately, yes.. That extra game, even as a loss, put them above us.

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:19 AM   #22
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I will not miss the BCS at all.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:24 AM   #23
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Wtfffff
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:30 AM   #24
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
I will not miss the BCS at all.
neither will I....but I won't like it one damn bit if the taters make the final 4 and we're left off because their AD voted that way.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:33 AM   #25
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
This. Selfishly, I hate that they are ranked ahead of us with the same number of losses, and after we beat them on their home field. But objectively, I'm kind of glad that a team isn't punished too badly for losing in the SEC Championship game. Especially, when they played well -- Missouri is a legitimate top 10 team, and without a doubt was our best win of the season.
So we beat a legit top 10 team and the number 12 and 15 teams in the BCS. Who did Missouri beat again?

Sorry, I just don't see how they should be ranked ahead of us. The AP got it right.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #26
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
So we beat a legit top 10 team and the number 12 and 15 teams in the BCS. Who did Missouri beat again?

Sorry, I just don't see how they should be ranked ahead of us. The AP got it right.
here's a start, they beat Georgia and Tennessee....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #27
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Mizzou deserves that rating. Just because we beat them doesn't mean squat. We didn't earn our way to the SECCG, they did. I'm happy with Top 10.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:43 AM   #28
Yearofthegamecock
Blue Chip

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

Ehh... it sucks, but we didn't do what we needed to do. Just gotta look ahead to the bowl game and hope we can get the 11th win.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #29
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
Mizzou deserves that rating. Just because we beat them doesn't mean squat. We didn't earn our way to the SECCG, they did. I'm happy with Top 10.

^ This. We're in the top 10. Let's beat the cheese heads.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #30
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
here's a start, they beat Georgia and Tennessee....
Not good enough. The computers don't understand that they beat Georgia without Gurley and Marshall. They beat UT with a true freshman at quarterback. Beat a hobbled Johnny Manziel. They were fortunate this season. They were until last Saturday, anyway.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #31
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
Not good enough. The computers don't understand that they beat Georgia without Gurley and Marshall. They beat UT with a true freshman at quarterback. Beat a hobbled Johnny Manziel. They were fortunate this season. They were until last Saturday, anyway.

Very good point about the computers. It does not make sense, but it is what we will have to live with for this season. They should have an 8 team playoff and even then there will be flaws in the system.

If the top 8 teams got to play this year and we were #8 in the playoff system, I believe that we could "Go All The Way"! Granted on any given day any of these teams could win it all, but I would like our chances as good as anybody else.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote