CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
ccured
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
NJGCfan
robgusc76
sporkgod50
Spurrier_Superior_On
JAYBEZ
rdwylie
Mangus now coaching (1430)
Can Tennessee get to (1032)
2 Crazy things (626)
Chick Redefines the (598)
Spread vs. aTm (551)
ESPN Article on HBC (550)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (525)
Lindy's top 100 for (490)
The Bama series (398)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (317)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2015 - Kaleb Kim
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bama starting pitcher sus
The Bama series
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Spread vs. aTm
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Lindy's top 100 for 2010

View Poll Results: Will you attend the bowl game?
Yes 43 36.44%
No 75 63.56%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #61
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Will you attend the Cap One Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
So, I guess the Orange Bowl isn't a premier game? (Same time as Cotton Bowl)
The Orange Bowl is a BCS bowl, so yes, it's premier. I said "premier NON BCS bowl."

Premier non BCS bowls (as redundant as that sounds) should have their own time slot.

You would think if the Capital One was as big as everyone says it is, someone at ABC/ESPN would have the nerve to put it in its own time slot.

Also, keep in mind this is the first time in recent memory that the Cotton and Orange bowls are on at the same time. They usually have their own time slots, but for some odd reason someone at the networks messed up this year.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #62
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism7d4 View Post
Went to the last cap1 bowl and we witnessed a homeless man doing disgusting things to himself in broad daylight. The area around the stadium is terrible. I will never take my wife back to that city.
Sorry for the party rocking.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #63
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
So you think the Chickfila bowl is more prestigious than the Capital 1? This dude has to be trolling.
I never once said they CFA bowl was more prestigious than the Capital One, but again, what I said was probably too deep for you to comprehend.

What I said was if the Capital One is so prestigious, why doesn't it have it's own time slot? You guys are making this bowl out to be the Rose Bowl of the east coast or something.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #64
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Bowl game (anywhere), 10 win season, and beating Clem Tech senseless for a fifth straight year....priceless
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:07 AM   #65
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I never once said they CFA bowl was more prestigious than the Capital One, but again, what I said was probably too deep for you to comprehend.

You gotta talk real slow for me.... I'm simple.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #66
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Damn right I'm going and I'll be spending money like a drunken sailor. I learned something a long time ago, don't ever take even one day for granted. You'll never get it back.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:24 AM   #67
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism7d4 View Post
Went to the last cap1 bowl and we witnessed a homeless man doing disgusting things to himself in broad daylight. The area around the stadium is terrible. I will never take my wife back to that city.
I went to the bowl games the last two seasons. I had a great time at both. However... When I went to the capital one bowl two years ago I parked close to the stadium where two young guys were holding a sign outside of the business. They charge $20 and I notice maybe 20 other cars had already parked there. I parked there only to return after the game to find my car missing along with every other car there and a police car outside of there letting everyone know of the scam of the people selling the parking spaces that had no affiliation with the lot and the real owner had all the vehicles towed. So I got to walk a mile to an impound to pay $80 to get my car back. The stadium is right off of the interstate and the place surrounding the stadium is a freaking slum!
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #68
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

No, but only because I'll be visiting family in California at the time. I went to the Capital One Bowl a couple years ago and had an awesome time. If I were going to be in the area, I'd definitely go again.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:04 AM   #69
THE Cock
Voted Best Poster 2009

Male

CockyCash: 1450
THE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talonsTHE Cock has developed his gaff and talons

Not interested at all

THE COCK ABIDES
THE Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:12 AM   #70
KingCock1986
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
KingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Damn right I'm going and I'll be spending money like a drunken sailor. I learned something a long time ago, don't ever take even one day for granted. You'll never get it back.
I agree totally...after losing my 22 year old daughter a year ago, I realize how precious life is and how much every day is a gift.....I will be taking my 26 year old son (for the 4th out of 5 years to a Bowl Game)...We are staying at the Crowne Plaza, about 1.5 miles from the stadium, so we will walk there and leave the ride at the hotel so we do not have to pay for parking (The hotel may have a shuttle to the stadium, too).....Already have the rooms lined up using my IHG points!!!

GO COCKS!!!

KC86
KingCock1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #71
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

No :/
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:01 AM   #72
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

I'm not one to frequent taternet, but they are on there all laughing up a storm that we are in this bowl and they luck into a BCS game again. They make fun of our fans for everything but the only thing I can say about them that makes me sick looking at this thread. Their fans travel! They couldn't care less what bowl they are in. They travel.

Here we are half saying we'll go and the other half saying no way. It's one thing to not be able to go. It's a complete other to not want to go. If you are a Gamecocks fan and you have to money to go see your team play and support the boys, why not go?

I can't go. If I had 500 bucks to spare I would have already bought my game and plane ticket.

We have got to travel better for our team guys.
GarnetSwarm1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #73
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Naw.

I've spent the past two New Years in Florida. That'll do for a while. I would have gone to Dallas though. If we were matched up against someone more exciting than Wisconsin, I might have considered it.

Ybor City on New Year's Eve was really cool last year might I add.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #74
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Am hoping to. My brother and his son are going and maybe able to get me a ticket as well. We went to the first Cap 1 bowl and they went to last years Outback bowl. This will be his third bowl in a row... lucky bastige!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #75
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I'll be there.

The fans that are complaining about this bowl game and boycotting it, and therefore hurting our ticket sales numbers are doing nothing but hurting us for future bowl opportunities. How in the world anybody here thinks we would take 20,000 fans to Dallas, TX is beyond me. I priced it. For me, and my wife to fly out, spend a couple of days in a hotel in Dallas, game tickets, plus food....that trip was going to be WELL over $1,000. We are planning on spending around 3-4 days in Orlando, are splitting a place to stay with another family we know that is going, and spending a couple of days doing the whole Disney thing, and it it still going to cost us less than $1,000. This bowl game just makes sense for us.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #76
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Possibly. We're moving in 2 weeks so it all depends on how much we get done but we may fly down last minute.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #77
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

I am!!! This Orlando native gamecock student is ECSTATIC about going to the 2014 Capitol One bowl presented by Capitol One (What's in your wallet?).

My friends get to visit over break, I get to enjoy New Year's with them, and go see my gamecocks play in person? HELL YES.

Also, I don't have to pay for a hotel which is neat! Also people are forgetting the Hunter Hayes concert for free. It's going to be Gameday, the garnet way!
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #78
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

If I could afford it, I would absolutely be there!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #79
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
I'll be there.

The fans that are complaining about this bowl game and boycotting it, and therefore hurting our ticket sales numbers are doing nothing but hurting us for future bowl opportunities. How in the world anybody here thinks we would take 20,000 fans to Dallas, TX is beyond me. I priced it. For me, and my wife to fly out, spend a couple of days in a hotel in Dallas, game tickets, plus food....that trip was going to be WELL over $1,000. We are planning on spending around 3-4 days in Orlando, are splitting a place to stay with another family we know that is going, and spending a couple of days doing the whole Disney thing, and it it still going to cost us less than $1,000. This bowl game just makes sense for us.
The cotton bowl sells out every year, so just because you wouldnt go doesnt mean we wouldnt sell our allotment.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #80
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
The cotton bowl sells out every year, so just because you wouldnt go doesnt mean we wouldnt sell our allotment.

Technically, the Cotton Bowl is already sold out. I'm just saying that we wouldn't send that many fans out there, and would be outnumbered big time.

Also, I was going to attend the Cotton Bowl. Didn't think I was going to be able to at first, but had decided that I didn't want to miss it if we went.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote