CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
spareparts
b381l
ertman420
usc1
Ericvol2096
robgusc76
SCohioBoy
Ole Miss Projected R (796)
2001 vs Sandstorm (775)
Tennessee hires Donn (752)
Acock reviews the SE (655)
So who was the dude (636)
Sunday college footb (622)
Does anyone have a l (336)
Florida Georgia Line (257)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (233)
Purple drank (203)
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
SEC Network "Take It
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones
Name a Gamecock
Get the SEC Network for y

Old 12-09-2013, 02:12 AM   #61
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Complain about the Bowl thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
ok when we were 0-21 would all you who claim our year sucked since we did not win it all this year not consider this a great season? I really have to defend our team who fought hard all year to fellow gamecocks? We did not win it all so we cuck crowd
This topic has been discussed. Good season, not GREAT. Why would I want to remember 0-21 and compare it to now? It's not justifiable. Look where we came from! WHO CARES. It's about now.

20 years from now i'll remember 3 straight 10-11 win seasons and be happy, but I refuse to keep remembering 0-21 and somehow justify every season we have that's ok and revert back/ compare to the days when we sucked. The mindset of fans, coaches and players should be WIN IT ALL OR BUST. That's why you play the game. To win championships. Period. End of Story.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:20 AM   #62
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ahmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spurs

I think HBC and Whammy did a great job with this team! This was a great year for us. An SEC Championship would have been nice, but can't complain about 11 wins and a top 8 ranking! I'll be in Orlando on the 40yrd line lower level cheering on my team no matter what.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:27 AM   #63
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Ahmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
This topic has been discussed. Good season, not GREAT. Why would I want to remember 0-21 and compare it to now? It's not justifiable. Look where we came from! WHO CARES. It's about now.

20 years from now i'll remember 3 straight 10-11 win seasons and be happy, but I refuse to keep remembering 0-21 and somehow justify every season we have that's ok and revert back/ compare to the days when we sucked. The mindset of fans, coaches and players should be WIN IT ALL OR BUST. That's why you play the game. To win championships. Period. End of Story.
yeah you should know a thing about playing to win championships your from Spartanburg
Old 12-09-2013, 02:31 AM   #64
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

AMEN. This is a great bowl. If you had to pick a big time nonBCS bowl, this would be it. It has the highest selection preference/criteria, pays the most, and the location is great. Tampa sucks, playing against Duke in ATL would've been a joke. This is so much better than what could've been.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:32 AM   #65
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
yeah you should know a thing about playing to win championships your from Spartanburg
I'm not a byrnes fan, if that's what your implying lol
Old 12-09-2013, 02:32 AM   #66
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
AMEN. This is a great bowl. If you had to pick a big time nonBCS bowl, this would be it. It has the highest selection preference/criteria, pays the most, and the location is great. Tampa sucks, playing against Duke in ATL would've been a joke. This is so much better than what could've been.
I totally agree
Old 12-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #67
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

With the youngest team and being 10-2 and going to a premium bowl. Yeah I'll take it
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:45 AM   #68
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
ok when we were 0-21 would all you who claim our year sucked since we did not win it all this year not consider this a great season? I really have to defend our team who fought hard all year to fellow gamecocks? We did not win it all so we cuck crowd
That was a long a time ago when we sucked. No one is saying WE suck now, but the end result of the season does for a team doesn't doesn't suck. It was really good season, we broke some records beat up on the Clemson, but at the end of the day we didn't go to Atlanta and we got stuck in a so-so bowl game we were just in couple of years ago, against another Big Ten team that our fans just aren't going to get really excited for. That is all anyone is complaining about.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #69
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
"Could've been worse," isn't an agrument that is going to get the fan base excited about this game. It's just going to be a normal USC game. "Could've been a lot better if just a got one more stinking first down against Tennessee." That is what is resonating right now.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #70
GSC2013
Recruit

Male

GSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his comb

IM MAD!!! Why cant we be like Clemson and get a BCS game? Because Cleampson fans have told me that even though we beat them, we aren't a real team unless we make a BCS game like they did.

Just kidding.

Beating Wisconsin would be a huge win. Go Gamecocks! 3 11-win seasons in a row is big time.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:59 AM   #71
Yearofthegamecock
Blue Chip

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
"Could've been worse," isn't an agrument that is going to get the fan base excited about this game. It's just going to be a normal USC game. "Could've been a lot better if just a got one more stinking first down against Tennessee." That is what is resonating right now.
And it should be. That game was extremely frustrating and it cost us a lot. But it doesn't mean that the rest of our season is garbage. We aren't an elite team yet...but we're getting closer with every 10+ win season.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #72
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

You can't spell Citrus without USC.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #73
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

So here is my feeling, each offseason fans post expectations, many often say if we don't make the SEC title for this reason or that, then I'll be disappointed, or they say if we don't make the BCS etc. we didn't make the sec title game, nor the BCS, these guys have a legit claim. Anyone who thinks we did what this team was capable of is well not smart. This team was 10-2 with a loss to UT. People have a right to be disappointed a bit at the end of the year when we go to a bowl we have been to a lot in the past, especially when a poor performance in Knoxville and Athens is the reason why. Now for background on my age/fan hood so nobody speculates, I am 21 and have lived in cola my wholeife, applied to only one school, USC of course and have gone to games for years. I will watch the game, probably go, be mad as hell if we lose, happy as can be if we win, but winning is expected and this team is a BCS team playing in a non BCS bowl.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #74
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
turning into can't spell citrus without usc.

Ouch, now that is tough!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #75
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

It is ok to be bummed out about this bowl. I can understand the frustration some fans feel.

Some of you posters are just so....well, I'll just keep my mouth shut.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #76
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Yes, going to a bowl sucks, the fact that it is a New Years Day bowl just makes it worse. I would rather sit home and watch other teams play in bowls.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #77
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I knew we weren't going to a BCS bowl. I just don't want to see us in another boring bowl in a boring city in a boring stadium on a boring network against a boring opponent from a boring conference.

I don't have a problem with us not getting a BCS bowl. I'm just saying the Cotton Bowl against OK State would have been A LOT more appealing and fun.

This boring opponent we are facing is the early 3 point favorite over us. Also, I have seen 3 predictions this morning. 2 of them are predicting us to lose. Our fan base needs to realize that this isn't a boring opponent. This is an opponent that can beat our tails.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #78
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
This boring opponent we are facing is the early 3 point favorite over us. Also, I have seen 3 predictions this morning. 2 of them are predicting us to lose. Our fan base needs to realize that this isn't a boring opponent. This is an opponent that can beat our tails.
Predictions of this game and the early line does not change my opinion of the game. I still find it boring.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #79
3MTA3
Starter

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
What makes you believe we'll be a top 4 team? Consistently losing 2 games will keep us right where we are. I'm not so much complaining about a 2 loss season as much as i'm more disappointed in the fact it's another coulda, shoulda, woulda been different season. The same coulda, shoulda, woulda, attitude we had when we were consistent at losing 5 games a season. It's mediocrity just to a somewhat lower degree than it was a few years ago.
What makes you think you have to be in the top 4 to make the playoff? You do realize there is a selection committee, right?

If it were just top 4, there wouldn't be a need for a selection committee.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #80
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

"A bowl we have been to a lot in the past?"

REALLY?!?!?!?

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote