CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
spareparts
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
The Yancey
Sindarius Thornwell (1099)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (803)
Well gameday just go (561)
Happy Birthday, Coac (499)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (428)
Your most famous twi (399)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (385)
South Carolina @ Aub (264)
Softball takes final (180)
Lattimore's return. (128)
Lattimore's return. An ar
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Gamecock cheerleader with
GTA V online
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
How to cut the mustard
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 11-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #101
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly
Default Re: Call of Duty Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
yeah, I'm going to reserve judgment until they get the dedicated servers online. I never understand why they don't just use $ for points like they did in blops1.
I wish they would hurry up with these alleged dedicated servers. I have noticed a lot more lag issues the past couple of days. Curving bullets around walls, shot and hit first and still die, etc.

I am starting to learn the maps, so that is helping. I still can't get consitantly high KD ratios in TDM since I am having trouble putting streaks together. I think my highest so far is only 9.

Legal, I agree with the points thing. I liked the BO1 unlock system the best.

How can you check challenges and stuff? Are these gone now and the only thing left are the 5 objectives you can get. I see you can get camo for the guns.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #102
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

not sure, I haven't played much. Its a ragefest for me right now with a one bullet death on my screen and 5 shots to my face on the kill cam. I saw some screen where you could see your challenges and hit square for new ones, but not sure if that resets the whole damn thing so I didn't want to try it. My only "tip" is that if you use your points to unlock different characters and set them up for a class it seems like you get more perks and whatnot cheaper than trying to have a bunch of set ups for one dude. I guess you pick the soldier with the perks and then have a couple different weapons for that guy.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #103
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

Quote:
not sure, I haven't played much. Its a ragefest for me right now with a one bullet death on my screen and 5 shots to my face on the kill cam. I saw some screen where you could see your challenges and hit square for new ones, but not sure if that resets the whole damn thing so I didn't want to try it. My only "tip" is that if you use your points to unlock different characters and set them up for a class it seems like you get more perks and whatnot cheaper than trying to have a bunch of set ups for one dude. I guess you pick the soldier with the perks and then have a couple different weapons for that guy.
Don't rage too hard. I get mad for a moment, then shrug it off because it all balances in the end. I'm sure the lag has been in my favor once or twice.

I know the challenges you are talking about. I have one that I have to get 50 dogs that I have been working on. I was thinking along the lines of the old gun challenges or attachment challenges like were in the old games.

I did the character unlock thing the other night, and you are right. You can choose what type of solider you want and it unlocks different guns and perks for that character without having to spend tokens on them. I am pretty sure this is how the prestige system works on this game. You just try to max rank each character, and when you do it gives you the prestige emblem.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #104
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

I should take my own advice about not raging. It was obvious that the lag was not in my favor at times last night and it seemed to change from game to game. One game I would have a 2 KD and the very next game against the same players I would struggle to break even or even have 1 or 2 more deaths than kills. This happened all night long for me, back and forth, back and forth.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #105
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Holy lord am I bad/rusty. I can't aim worth a damn. I think the hit detection seems pretty good on this one. Like, if I shoot just over the guy's left shoulder, I get bupkis.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #106
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

I have had a few laggy games but nothing like BLOPS II, etc. I like the game a lot but I can't seem to see people quick enough. Its more realistic from that standpoint but I get killed a lot of times and never see who did it. The large maps make it imperative to move under cover instead of just running across the middle. I'm getting a little better but still have a horrible K/D (under .7).
Old 11-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #107
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Yeah I think I might like it too. I played once or twice with berry the other night and he was kicking ass. Then these guys ran us into that cranked game mode without giving us a head's up (that I heard). I was set up all campertastic for TDM and got reamed in that thing. Apparently you have to run around and kill people or you blow up. I was like raging, "Why am I DYING?!" hah
Old 11-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #108
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Yeah I think I might like it too. I played once or twice with berry the other night and he was kicking ass. Then these guys ran us into that cranked game mode without giving us a head's up (that I heard). I was set up all campertastic for TDM and got reamed in that thing. Apparently you have to run around and kill people or you blow up. I was like raging, "Why am I DYING?!" hah
Lol that would have been funny. Cranked is fun and fast paced, but I could never make it my primary game mode.

I like the game now that I am learning the maps. I still have experimented with a lot of guns because honestly I found one that works for me and I don't want to change. It is the AX-something, one of the last ARs to unlock. I have turned up the in-game brightness, and I think that helps see people as well.

I think I only played for about 2 hours this past weekend. Hopefully I can start getting more time in to get better before the Christmas noobs come online.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #109
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Lol that would have been funny. Cranked is fun and fast paced, but I could never make it my primary game mode.

I like the game now that I am learning the maps. I still have experimented with a lot of guns because honestly I found one that works for me and I don't want to change. It is the AX-something, one of the last ARs to unlock. I have turned up the in-game brightness, and I think that helps see people as well.

I think I only played for about 2 hours this past weekend. Hopefully I can start getting more time in to get better before the Christmas noobs come online.
Interesting thought. I might need to try that as well.

I've been using the MSBS with the red dot that has a 4x zoom option. If I'm on target, the thing is nasty. If I'm not aiming well that day, I get butt raped because I can't spray like a non burst gun.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #110
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

Also, I am only about a 20 or so rank so I haven't been able to unlock a lot of the perks that will probably help a lot.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #111
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864 View Post
Also, I am only about a 20 or so rank so I haven't been able to unlock a lot of the perks that will probably help a lot.
You can unlock perks early, but it will cost you more squad points. I just saved up for the ones I really wanted: off the grid, dead silence, incognito, blind eye, sit rep, slight of hand, and dead silence.

All my classes have off the grid, dead silence, and sleight of hand. I add one each of the remaining perks to three different classes so I can rotate based on what the enemy is mainly using.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #112
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Aiming when turning corners is a big big must in this game.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #113
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
Aiming when turning corners is a big big must in this game.
I agree. I have been doing this more to try and be proactive and it helps.

Legal, where have you been? I have yet to play Ghosts with you. You are a Netflix watching fool for sure. Pretty Little Liars must be one hell of a show.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #114
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

I have been meaning to get on there, but the wife is rocking the netflix, whilst I slave away.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #115
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb

Made a clan for clan wars if anybody would like to join on PS3. Gamecocks wouldn't work so I had to go with Game<ocks with clan tag of SCar. Played with Berry a few nights ago with some of the other guys that are my personal friends and we won every game we played!! Btw Berry you were just destroying everybody in those matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #116
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Don't pump Berry's head up more than it already is. He is mad because he hasn't passed me in K/D yet. We had some good games last night together with Spenda and others. I was just frustrated because every time I would do good in a game we would lose, but when I hovered around a 1 K/D for the game we would win.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #117
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I own the CYTK clan, but don't know how to invite anyone to it haha

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #118
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

How's this game going? Everytime I get on no one is on there.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #119
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

I enjoy it. There is nothing in it that just makes me rage. There is still lag, but the hit detection is way better than Blops2, but I'm sure the high bullet damage/low health helps with that as well. The only issue I can see is that you have a lot more time limit games due to the large maps and lackluster assualt killstreaks, but this really doesn't bother me too much. Hopefully they've listened to people's gripes and the first DLC will focus on smaller maps, but I doubt it.

I only got to play on Friday night this past weeked, but for the hour or so I played I was tearing it up on TDM. I usually don't get on to late, so a lot of times others have got off by then and like I said earlier it always shows you/your wife watching Netflix.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #120
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

All I know is, I'm reminded why I prefer Hardcore over Core. I played for weeks on Core, and was NOT doing too great at all. I've played 3 days on HC, and averaging around a 2.0 KDR or better.

Core is "who can shoot the most rounds the most accuratly. HC is "who gets the first shot off" the way it SHOULD BE. I got the final kill in Core one time and literally shot him in the head TWICE and then it finished him off in the back. As it was showing I said "how the hell was that not a head shot?" and everyone in the lobby all chimmed in agreeing.

I've had more headshots in 3 days playing HC than I have since the game came out and I was playing core.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote