CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
Lalli25
sporkgod50
i29gman
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
F4rpoole
Thenardier
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1839)
The #AskEmmert Q& (596)
Stadium Ratings-Site (465)
Peach Bowl name retu (295)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (293)
Construction of Worl (293)
Save Electricity By (247)
HELP calculating acr (214)
NBA Wants to Up Age (162)
How Experienced In P (146)
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #101
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Complain about the Bowl thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
Can anyone actually guarantee that next years rules will eliminate this. I mean there is still a human committee with biases and loyalties...
No, until we have a playoff with more than four teams there will always be someone left out that should have went. Even when we go to eight this is gonna happen, somebody is always gonna bitch.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #102
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I think there's a difference between thinking the team deserves to be in a more prestigious game and being disappointed we're in the game we are.

And next year's set up will still be a joke, Woody, but I do think it's a step in the right direction.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #103
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
Yes we do have two BCS teams with one in the NC game, you dont get what I am trying to say. If the BCS was done the right way the ACC wouldnt have 2 teams they would have FSU and that would be it.

But it's not. So shut up already.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #104
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
This thread is a joke. Makes the fanbase look like a bunch of whiners
Have you read many of the threads today/yesterday? There are a bunch of whiners!
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #105
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

It is the highest paying non BCS bowl. Orlando has plenty of places to eat and drink adult beveages on or near airport blvd. Last time we ran into many Gamecock and Cornhuskers at a huge sports bar sundat to watch NFL. it became a BIG cheer off it was fun. We crapped the bed on 4th and 2 foot at Tennessee can't go back so move forward. I'm going .
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #106
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I guess I'm officially confused, because isn't referencing the fact we played in the Cap One bowl two years ago after going 10-2 in the regular season and beating CU looking at "where we came from"?

Some folks are trying to have it both ways. They want to tell others not to look at the previous state of the program in order to justify where it is now as being successful, but most of those people then want to say, "but look what we did in the past," to justify this bowl game/scenario as being a disappointment.
Touche. We're all pulling for the same team here, I just think some have higher expectations. It's SEC or bust for me every season. If it were "get to a bowl game or bust" every year then we might as well be vanderbilt. High expectations have their pros and cons, but there's a reason the alabamas, auburns, etc. are winning big and it's because they expect to win it all every single year and are disappointed when they don't. They won't settle for anything less & I think that's the best approach you can have.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #107
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
It is the highest paying non BCS bowl. Orlando has plenty of places to eat and drink adult beveages on or near airport blvd. Last time we ran into many Gamecock and Cornhuskers at a huge sports bar sundat to watch NFL. it became a BIG cheer off it was fun. We crapped the bed on 4th and 2 foot at Tennessee can't go back so move forward. I'm going .

I am going forward too. I am going forward on to, recruiting season, women's basketball season, baseball season, next football season. To be blunt, the football season stopped being meaningful for us when Missouri beat Texas A&M. I want to beat Wisconsin, and I watch it, but I don't think it matters much in the long run who wins.

I wonder why they don't give more money to the winners of these bowls games. Give the team some incentive win and make it matter more. Instead of paying each team 4.5 mil. The should pay 8 mil. to the winner and 1 mil to the loser.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #108
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Would have liked to have been matched up against a pass happy team so our Dline can go crazy. Instead we get to see the B Gap Run Away From Clowney Offense one last time before he goes.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #109
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

5 years ago, Gamecock fans would have given their left nuts to play in the Capital One Bowl...and now some are complaining.

Irony
Old 12-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #110
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

I hope the fans base pisses and moans and doesn't show up...Just makes my tickets CHEAPER!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #111
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

USCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his claws

Losers settle.

Winners push.

Simple as that.

3-5 years ago, the Capital One bowl was an accomplishment. Not so this year.

If you want to say you support the team no matter what, and that we should make the best of this situation, I have no issue with that, and in fact, I agree. But don't try to make it out as if this was a great season. We could have, and should have done better.
USCNowAndForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #112
Indiana Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1250
Indiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCNowAndForever View Post
Losers settle.

Winners push.

Simple as that.

3-5 years ago, the Capital One bowl was an accomplishment. Not so this year.

If you want to say you support the team no matter what, and that we should make the best of this situation, I have no issue with that, and in fact, I agree. But don't try to make it out as if this was a great season. We could have, and should have done better.
I understand the disappointment of not making the SEC championship or a BCS game but it is highest non BCS bowl. Not sure I am disappointed in the bowl just not making the SEC championship.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #113
grannycock
Banned

Female

grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
5 years ago, Gamecock fans would have given their left nuts to play in the Capital One Bowl...and now some are complaining.

Irony
I am no physician, nor an expert in any fashion about the testicles, but I think in and of it's self, having more than one left nut would warrant a trip to your local physician.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #114
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

If I had the time and money and lived in SC I'd have season tickets.

If I had the time and money I absolutely would go to the Outback Bowl. Hell, yeah I would.

That being said ... we shoulda woulda coulda oughta be in a BCS bowl and I'm disappointed we're not. Hopefully, we can make one next year so that I can't afford it or be able to get the time off from work for it.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #115
SanAntonioCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 84706
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I was really hoping bowl game would start at 12:00 (CT) instead of 1:00 (ET) .

Never forget the "y"
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #116
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

How many draft eligible juniors and seniors do we have that are projected 1st rounders?

How many players total on our team right now would you say play at a level that would get them drafted in the first two rounds of the NFL draft?

How many would you say Alabama, FSU, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Stanford, Oregon, Southern California, Clemson, Missouri, Texas A&M, Florida, or Ohio State have? I wonder if anyone knows the number of players each of those teams get drafted in the top two rounds every year and how many of our players get drafted in the top two rounds during the same time period.

How many of those teams finish ahead of South Carolina in final recruiting rankings over the last four or five years.

How many of those teams have the same or better record than South Carolina does over the last four years?

Take a look at those things and it may become easier to see why (yes, it is certainly disappointing to lose to Tenn and miss out on trips to the SECCG) another chance at an 11 win season and a trip to the Capital One Bowl is nothing to be pissed about.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #117
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

OK, so for my input into this thread I want to quote one of the most iconic bands in the world. If everybody would just heed these words of wisdom they would understand and appreciate the Capital One Bowl berth.

"You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat...........how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?????"

Pink Floyd
Old 12-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #118
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

With all of our NFL departures over the past 2 seasons, I felt like it was totally possible to end up 7-5/8-4 this season, but hell, we went 10-2. One could say that we underachieved in a couple of games, sure, but really, with all the new faces in starting roles this year, I'd have to say that just maybe, we may have overachieved in a few games as well.

A New Year's day bowl, desirable location, along with a very good and physical opponent with strong football tradition? No bitchin' here.

You disappointed, 'woulda, shoulda, coulda' guys can simply join all the rest of the fans at all the other programs that are whining about not winning their conference/achieving a BCS bowl game. It's kind of hard to do, ya know?
Old 12-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #119
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Not me. It's a good bowl.

Great weather. Good crowd. Nice facility. Great time to broadcast.

Playing in the SEC severely limits our options, so you won't find me bitching about this one.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #120
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I just thought maybe we could have a designated location for people that want to whine like spoiled children instead of having them derailing every thread related to the bowl game. If you feel the need to complain do it in here so that people who are actually interested in going to Orlando and want to know more about the game/our opponent don't have to sift through your 100th post about how you think it's lame that we're going to Orlando and the many responses your ridiculous attitude will generate.

*I will not be revisiting this thread, as I have no desire to complain about the bowl or argue with you about it.
Excellent work. You are doing a great job.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote