CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
acejrock
NJCocky14
roosterdude21
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8055)
Super-Efficient Ax (334)
South Carolina @ Aub (288)
BREAD (269)
Starz Black Sails (174)
Dress shirt help (172)
BREAD
Connor Mitch
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2015 - Auden Tate
Josh Cunningham Power For
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
2016 - Greg Little
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?

Old 12-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #21
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players Leaving After this Season

I want a reputable source, either a news site or a named official in the athletic department before I believe this.

Until it is confirmed, I call BS.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #22
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Might we see a situation where Shaq Roland is forced to split time between Offense and Defense similar to a Champ Bailey.I know this not a desirable solution,but it might be one we are forced into unless some recruits flip or we reach into the JUCO ranks.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #23
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Sucks if true. But it would be another selling point to throw at Wes Green and Lammons. Tell those guys to come in, work hard and play as true fresh

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #24
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

rrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spurs

Cooper and Smith were recruited as corners...if the situation was as dire as we think, why the heck did we move them to positions that are loaded. I know that both are gifted offensively, but...
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #25
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
Cooper and Smith were recruited as corners...if the situation was as dire as we think, why the heck did we move them to positions that are loaded. I know that both are gifted offensively, but...
I could see us moving Jamari back...but not Pharoh.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #26
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

^ yeah Cooper may need to go back to corner

Trailer Park Supervisor
Old 12-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #27
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
^ yeah Cooper may need to go back to corner
Cooper won't move back.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
Cooper won't move back.

Well, all I know is db is the position Cooper wanted to play when he arrived. And if Christian does leave, we have Ali Groves, Rico McWilliams and Ronnie Martin as our corners.. So someone will be moving back and to me, Jamari Smith isn't the answer.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Old 12-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #29
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

IMO, Ahmad doesn't have the talent to be a great SEC corner. At least he hasn't played that way as of now. And if he is going to Coastal, it would either be because of issues(grades, behavior) or because the coaches have made it clear he would probably not start next year. He has some experience but that doesn't mean him moving on will be a death blow.
And I doubt Cooper will ever see another minute on defense. SOS seems to love him and said on his last call in show & tv show that Cooper will be getting much more involved in our offense.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #30
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar90 View Post
IMO, Ahmad doesn't have the talent to be a great SEC corner. At least he hasn't played that way as of now. And if he is going to Coastal, it would either be because of issues(grades, behavior) or because the coaches have made it clear he would probably not start next year. He has some experience but that doesn't mean him moving on will be a death blow.
And I doubt Cooper will ever see another minute on defense. SOS seems to love him and said on his last call in show & tv show that Cooper will be getting much more involved in our offense.
Totally disagree with that statement. He needs experience but he has better size and tools than Hampton or Legree.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #31
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

My buddy on Staff just told me he's not playing the Bowl Game so it very well may be true.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #32
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

S. Jeffery will most likely be gone
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #33
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeGamecock View Post
He'll be a Chanticleer next season from what I'm hearing.
If true this doesn't make a lot of sense. At all. In any way.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #34
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
S. Jeffery will most likely be gone
I could be wrong, but did he even get playing time in the Coastal Carolina game? I saw almost everyone out there but him. Which is kind of telling.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #35
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 860000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

What about Pharoh Cooper? Could he not play corner?
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #36
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
If true this doesn't make a lot of sense. At all. In any way.
It does if he wants to play pro baseball.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #37
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
I could be wrong, but did he even get playing time in the Coastal Carolina game? I saw almost everyone out there but him. Which is kind of telling.
He was injured
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #38
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
He had a calf injury that week and was unavailable for that game.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #39
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
What about Pharoh Cooper? Could he not play corner?
He really struggled there this Fall.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #40
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
He really struggled there this Fall.
While really coming along nicely on offense. I'd rather keep him (Cooper) there, even given depth problems at CB.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote