CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
ReadR00ster
Latti
donbgamecock
GamecockStud
ConwayGamecock
Bobby Boucher
Regalcock
El Cid Ranger
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (6522)
BREAD (551)
Sindarius Thornwell (492)
Dress shirt help (383)
Best Child Acting Pe (319)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (217)
Well gameday just go (162)
South Carolina @ Aub (154)
Unsung Hero (108)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (81)
2016 - Greg Little
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Burger Kings angry whoppe
Happy Nowruz!
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu

Old 12-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material
Default Wisconsin... Played this one already?

I have to imagine our game strategy will be very similar to that of the Arkansas game. The razorbacks didn't have the type of players to fully run the system, but it gives a very close comparison.

I.E. Arkansas also has two runningbacks in the 1000 yard range (1026, 900)

I feel confident we can stop Wisconsin.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Wisconsin... Played this one already?

I think the difference is the Badgers offensive line, QB, and running backs are better than Arkansas' .. by a big margin.

Scheme wise, yeah, probably similar .. but the Badgers have better players.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

More importantly, their players know the system and actually like it.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Wisconsin puts like 3 OL in the NFL every year. Best OL we will face all year.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Wisconsin will be a tough game just like Michigan and Nebraska the last two years. We have the talent to beat Wisconsin but we will need a good three weeks of practice to do it. I'm excited for the game and the opportunity to win 11 ball games three years running.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

They have one shot at beating us, and it involves run, run, run, run, hope we don't get it, and run
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockfight21 View Post
Wisconsin puts like 3 OL in the NFL every year. Best OL we will face all year.
I am aware. I didnt say they were the same team talent wise, merely pointing out that it is the same offensive scheme. And therefore, our approach should be similar.

I get they are more talented than Arkansas. But we also blew arkansas out of the water.

Not to mention, our linebackers have improved dramatically since arkansas. We should be even more adept at stopping this offense.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
Xnex
Blue Chip

Male

Xnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
I am aware. I didnt say they were the same team talent wise, merely pointing out that it is the same offensive scheme. And therefore, our approach should be similar.

I get they are more talented than Arkansas. But we also blew arkansas out of the water.

Not to mention, our linebackers have improved dramatically since arkansas. We should be even more adept at stopping this offense.
We WILL NOT BE more successful at stopping this offense just because we faced Arkansas because Wisconsin runs it a WHOLE LOT BETTER.

If we played a college team that ran a sweep around their right end, and we got used to it and then they switched out the players running the play and put in the Seattle Seahawks I don't think we would be better at stopping Seattle than we were against the college guys.

playing Wisconsin is night and day different from playing Arkansas.
Xnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

That's right, you show'm how that Caps Lock works. Fury
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #10
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 98700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

They can throw the ball. Arky could not when we played them.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
conwaycock2
Blue Chip

Male

conwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudly

The only similarities between Ark & Wisconsin is that they both want to emphasize running the football. Arkansas has players that were not recruited for that type offense, Wisconsin does & they are very, very good at doing so. In addition, Arkansas is way down on talent across the board from what they used to have. Ark has a long way to go but they will be back. As a program they have most everything you need to be successful (only State BCS school, fertile recruiting area, & boatloads of money, etc.) Wisconsin is very good now & have been for a while.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #12
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

I live in Arkansas and my girlfriend is a Razorbacks fan, so I've watched every televised Arkansas game this year. I've never watched a Wisconsin game. Nevertheless, I can say with confidence that Wisconsin's coach is better than Arkansas' coach (because it would be impossible to be any worse than Fred Flintstone Bielema)
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #13
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

We need to feed our D-Line more biscuits and gravy over the next three weeks and put some weight on them to handle those big ole cheese heads!

We will be fine and I am sure that our coaches will have a good game plan to beat Wisconsin in the bowl game. It won't be a blowout, but we will win because we have better talent and we are faster. You have got to play four quarters of football and make each one seem like hell to the other team.

dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is learning to pecktreyno2722 is learning to peck

Wisconsin was third in total offense and second in total defense in the Big 10. They also had two guys over 1000 yards rushing, each averaging over 100 yards per game. Here is a link to the Big Ten Stats:

http://statistics.ncaafootball.com/m...0-Notebook.htm
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #15
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is learning to pecktreyno2722 is learning to peck

South Carolina is a two point underdog in this game.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...dds/las-vegas/
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

We have no chance. Wisconsin is the best team in the universe.
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
Wisco15
Walk On

Male

Wisco15 has hatched from the shell

Hey folks, new here obviously.

First off without sounding as if I am trying to suck up or patronize I have a ton of respect for not only your program but your fan base. South Carolina has been a team for quite some time that I enjoyed rooting for in the SEC. Not many teams I care for but I do love to watch the Gamecocks play. Looking forward to a terrific bowl game.

I'll try to give a little bit of inside into this Badgers team. It is similar to Arkansas there is no doubt. It's not a coincidence that Bielema brought the same style of play to Arkansas that he left at Wisconsin. However the Badgers are much more talented and quite honestly better coached. Most Badgers fans will tell you they are extremely happy now that Bielema left and it seems like we got a good one in Gary.

It all starts with the defense. Very good for the most part (not including the Penn State game) and Chris Borland is undoubetly one of the best defenders in the country. The kind of player you start to like even when he is playing against your team. The secondary is the weak spot. They've played well at times and had spurts where they didn't play so well. I would expect a decent day from your wide receivers.

On offense it all goes through the running backs. James White will more than likely get most of the carries (maybe 55% to 60% of total carries) but most Sconnies will tell you that Melvin Gordon is the more explosive and all around better back. Alot of people believe that if he stays after this year, which looks more and more likely, he could go down as the best Badger back ever. Pretty high praise. (Montee Ball, Ron Dayne, etc) Wisconsin loves to run Gordon on a jet sweep around the edge or fake it and go up the middle with White. Alot of the yards they gain on the ground come from these plays. Outside, Jared Abbrederis is one of the most undervalued players in the B1G and maybe college football. Pedersen is also a great tight end. The problem is the guy throwing the football. Joel Stave has been terribly inconsistent. When he is on, the offense is very difficult to stop but when he's off its ugly (see Penn State). Luckily for the Badgers he seems to do better in warm weather so we'll see how it goes.

Overall I think Wisconsin is a much better team than what their 9-3 record says. A 1TD loss to Tattoo State University and a fluke loss on a blown call at Arizona State. Obviously the Penn State game is the goat in the room.

Hopefully that little bit of insight helps and heres to good discussion going into the bowl game. If I was a betting man, I would take South Carolina, but this seems like a game where if South Carolina doesn't show up and Wisconsin does, it could be a two touchdown win and vice versa. Just on the surface looks like that good of a matchup. On Wisconsin!
Wisco15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #18
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Well, we thought we were better than Iowa one year and got our ass handed to us.

At this level you're not going to play a team that sucks.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #19
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Welcome Wisco! Great first post and thanks for the scouting report.

I'm looking forward to this game as I've been to Wisconsin (and across the river to MN) many times and love the people, the food and the BEER!

Hang around with us. You'll probably catch a few jabs here or there but we're glad you're here.

So...now on to the important stuff...tell us about Bielema's wife.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #20
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Will be a physical game..has me a little worried with a team that is going to run right at us.

Wisconsin's Oline is the biggest and best we will face..and the last time we played a good Oline it was UT.

This may be a game where we try to score fast and get Wisconsin down early.
The games they lost, two of them were against teams that had a lot of speed in Arizona State and Ohio State. We may need to air it out early and turn Wisconsin into a pass-first team...we do that, we should do well.

Won't be a cake walk. The last time we had a bowl opponent like this we played a Shonn Greene led Iowa team..and we all remember how that lovely bowl went.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote