CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
eaglegolf018
SAETerrier
gamecock88
uscgmck
HelleraisingCock
3MTA3
Latti
JerseyBird
GamecockInHell
Larenz Bryant update (1125)
Hillsborough (584)
Joeckel Transfering (577)
UK's Whitlow to tran (540)
2016 - Greg Little (518)
2015 - Chris Clark (505)
Bamberg High School (349)
USC Tartan Unvieled (341)
Its April 15th and i (316)
response from charte (248)
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
response from charter abo
Kelcy and Vic questioned
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
14 Dining-Related Taboos
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Jameis Winston's Accuser

Old 12-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #61
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Clowney ticketed ... 110 in a 70

Early millionaire.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #62
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001179
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Haha ouch. Maybe it was close to the end of the month. I know cops have their quotas to fill.
Or like TaterHater said, maybe I wasn't nice enough haha
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #63
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Lucky he wasnt killed.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #64
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Isn't it possible to lose you license if you are extremely above the speed limit?
More then 15 over is a loss of your license unless you go to court. He'll get an attorney and have it reduced to 9 or so over.

Swag is right..we could very easily be discussing this topic in a completely different way.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #65
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

CockyCash: 500
scunyon has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to scunyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
More then 15 over is a loss of your license unless you go to court. He'll get an attorney and have it reduced to 9 or so over.

That's only in North Carolina. That's why I usually write NC drivers for 4 over unless they're dicks or more than 20 over.

1) No quotas to fill. I can write as many as I want. Plenty of safe driving coupons for everyone. After all, it's the seaon of giving!

2) His ticket is $445/6pts. Difference between ludacris speed and reckless is usually traffic flow and road conditions. Basically are you only going to kill you or a bunch of other people.

3) Many "known" people have been stopped hauling ass up 77. Shaq, Cam, several Senators and Representatives (and their spouses) and I stroke 'em every chance I get. Making the law doesn't entitle you to break it. If I go out and do something crazy, they'll be the first one pointing fingers so....

4) His best bet with this particular trooper is to come to court and ask the judge for some leniancy. The trooper that stopped him is the same one that locked up the Defensive Coordinator for Fairfield Central the other night (I was with him).

5) Why this is news is beyond me. He's been stopped at least 3 times since he's been at USC, always for going plaid...
scunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #66
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Lucky he wasnt killed.
Yep - first person that I thought about when I read this was Derek Thomas.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #67
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001179
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunyon View Post
2) Difference between ludacris speed and reckless is usually traffic flow and road conditions. Basically are you only going to kill you or a bunch of other people.

Thanks for clarifying that.
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #68
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtsmom View Post
Yep - first person that I thought about when I read this was Derek Thomas.

I thought about Paul Walker
Old 12-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #69
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

scunyon has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to scunyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccall View Post
Thanks for clarifying that.
Anytime. But let me also add, if you're stopped by a supercop who is trying to make a name for himself, they may stick you with reckless to prove a point.

I've stopped plenty in triple digits and stroked them a ticket and then on to the next one unless they're suspended, DUI, warrants, etc.

The last reckless guy I locked up was doing 114mph in a diesel Jetta, weaving in and out of traffic and almost ran off in the median as he slung it out in the left lane passing traffic when I met him. They'd BOLO'd him out for several miles (passing in the emergency lane, etc). When I got him stopped, he walked right to the back of the car and put his hands behind his back (apparently he's used to this...). Then I realized he had an expired student visa and should've been out of the country almost a year prior.

Oh well...
scunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #70
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Clowney ticketed ... 110 in a 70

Come April, he can start having his own chauffeur.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #71
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I'm not advocating or supporting going 110 MPH, but I really don't see why this is a big deal. It's a speeding ticket. They happen everywhere, everyday.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #72
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Come April, he can start having his own chauffeur.

shit, Tajh will be needing a job maybe.

Either way every time Boyd is on a drive in the future, he will be checking over his shoulder for Clowney.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #73
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I have done worse
Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #74
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

He just cost himself some signing money, I'd bet. Coaches take judgement factors into consideration - and commercial sponsor companies do as well. A player with his personality and a clean image can make much more off the field than on it. I suspect he will hear from his family, and that's what counts.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #75
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunyon View Post
That's only in North Carolina. That's why I usually write NC drivers for 4 over unless they're dicks or more than 20 over.

1) No quotas to fill. I can write as many as I want. Plenty of safe driving coupons for everyone. After all, it's the seaon of giving!

2) His ticket is $445/6pts. Difference between ludacris speed and reckless is usually traffic flow and road conditions. Basically are you only going to kill you or a bunch of other people.

3) Many "known" people have been stopped hauling ass up 77. Shaq, Cam, several Senators and Representatives (and their spouses) and I stroke 'em every chance I get. Making the law doesn't entitle you to break it. If I go out and do something crazy, they'll be the first one pointing fingers so....

4) His best bet with this particular trooper is to come to court and ask the judge for some leniancy. The trooper that stopped him is the same one that locked up the Defensive Coordinator for Fairfield Central the other night (I was with him).

5) Why this is news is beyond me. He's been stopped at least 3 times since he's been at USC, always for going plaid...
Thanks for the context, I was hoping a state trooper would comment. So if he's been stopped 3 times before at "ludicrous speed" he must have been cut some slack in court, and I assume this time he's about to be relieved of his license. Sound plausible?
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #76
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post

Swag is right..we could very easily be discussing this topic in a completely different way.
BS
Old 12-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #77
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Bad judgement on JC's behalf, but it's the first time he has done anything bad in 3 years here...
Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #78
05USCGrad
i'm probably lying

Male

CockyCash: 100950
05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material

He was going SEC speed in an ACC zone

05USCGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #79
wumarshall82
Bowl MVP

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Anyone else would have been arrested. Could've killed someone.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #80
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHater1984 View Post
I got pulled over my freshman year at USC on I-26 for going 109 in a 65. I got a warning. Not one penny in fines or a single point. Not everything has to do with being an athlete. Sometimes just being polite goes a long way.
No one ever gets a ticket on 26.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote