CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
Spurrier_Superior_On
markp_vip
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
Diamond DeSheilds, U (3172)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1262)
Gamecock Legacy recr (836)
Women's bb - Deshiel (563)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
22 ways to annoy peo (452)
Hope Springs Eternal (375)
Byron the bunny...fe (277)
*Official 2014 NHL S (207)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (202)
Name a Gamecock
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
Chico McClatcher- 2015 At
Larenz Bryant update?
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
how has more ESPN anounce
Steak and eggs
2015 - Davon Durant
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB

Old 12-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #61
conwaycock2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Players Leaving After this Season

Hey guy, I do not believe YOU are spinning anything nor did I post that you were. (sorry you read it that way) I was making a general statement. I also know that Martin has been hurt & I also know other things. If you want to believe martin is going to help next year, that's your opinion. We'll see. What I do remember is telling you that Shon Carson was a better football player than baseball coming to USC. You disagreed & told me I was wrong although I'd seen him play both sports many, many times. Since you're around Spartanburg I assume you had not. You still feel that way?
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #62
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Agree & disagree. Like you I have no idea if AC is leaving or staying but whether he goes or stays the CB is ridiculously thin. If you're not concerned with that position then you're definitely an optimist. As we stand today, this is a real problem. Maybe it won't be as bad as it looks when fall comes around & that is definitely a possibility but right now it looks BAD.
Agree.
CB is very thin and a concern, and right now it looks bad regardless of what Christian decides.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #63
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Duke had two true freshman and a RS-frosh in their secondary this year, and those guys played pretty well. I'm not saying that is very common, and it may be easier to do in the ACC, but one or two fast young guys with size can be coached to play tight man to man. Where it sucks is in run support and in zone schemes obviously, but you never know.

It certainly isn't ideal to be losing everyone with experience at the same time... but win anyway, right?
Exactly.
Win anyway...but man can we not stack the deck against ourselves so much?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #64
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Hey guy, I do not believe YOU are spinning anything nor did I post that you were. (sorry you read it that way) I was making a general statement. I also know that Martin has been hurt & I also know other things. If you want to believe martin is going to help next year, that's your opinion. We'll see. What I do remember is telling you that Shon Carson was a better football player than baseball coming to USC. You disagreed & told me I was wrong although I'd seen him play both sports many, many times. Since you're around Spartanburg I assume you had not. You still feel that way?
Wow. I don't recall that conversation on Carson but I will take your bait tho it has NOTHING to do with players leaving . I can tell you that Carson is ok at both sports. He strikes out way to much in Baseball and he will never be a big factor in Football. He is a good athlete that is ok in both sports. One thing I know is that a part time Baseball player will never factor in much at USC unless they are just super gifted. He is not. If he gave up Football and played Baseball he could be just as good and contribute as much as he does in Football. How you can tell me - based on his reps in Football or Baseball - which is his best sport in College is impossible. And no I am not from Spartanburg.

We are both on the same Gamecock Team so it's all good.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #65
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Exactly.
Win anyway...but man can we not stack the deck against ourselves so much?
Yeah its hard to imagine how we get caught with having to scramble for LB's last year and CB's this year. Bubba needs to step it up.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #66
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Yeah its hard to imagine how we get caught with having to scramble for LB's last year and CB's this year. Bubba needs to step it up.
I mean seriously. Hell I remember like last year I was, we all were talking about needing corners in this class. Why is it so hard for us to sign these big name corners. Can't believe where we are at corner right now
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #67
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I really hope he decides to stick around. He seems like he has the chance to be a solid CB, and it would certainly help out with depth.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #68
YankeeGamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 600
YankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his comb

Anybody still wanna call my bluff?
YankeeGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #69
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeGamecock View Post
Anybody still wanna call my bluff?
Personally, I never doubted you. I was just waiting on something official. Things can change incredibly fast these days.

That said, it looks like you were right. GCC reporting that he has told USC he is transferring.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #70
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Yea he's gone. He's told the staff he's leaving