CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ReadR00ster
eaglegolf018
ccured
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
Thenardier
ucan'tlickourcocks
The Yancey
ColaCock
rosstheboss
Stadium Ratings-Site (792)
NBA Wants to Up Age (433)
Construction of Worl (393)
Peach Bowl name retu (377)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (349)
Save Electricity By (342)
HELP calculating acr (288)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (273)
How Experienced In P (238)
40 Ways You Know You (171)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
What is your perfect egg?
Jameis Winston's Accuser
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Name a Gamecock
Stadium Ratings-Site rate

Old 12-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #81
wumarshall82
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney ticketed ... 110 in a 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
He just cost himself some signing money, I'd bet. Coaches take judgement factors into consideration - and commercial sponsor companies do as well. A player with his personality and a clean image can make much more off the field than on it. I suspect he will hear from his family, and that's what counts.
Maybe not since its not drug related or anything like that but it makes you think about guys like Jerome Brown and the need for speed.

I can see hitting 100 (if you are hotdogging) and then letting off but 110? And you were worried about getting injured on the field..
Old 12-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #82
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

scunyon has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to scunyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Thanks for the context, I was hoping a state trooper would comment. So if he's been stopped 3 times before at "ludicrous speed" he must have been cut some slack in court, and I assume this time he's about to be relieved of his license. Sound plausible?
Plausible? Could be, but I doubt it. Anytime you get a ticket, the points cut in half every year after (as long as you have no additional tickets) until they're gone. Doubt if he loses his license (unless Mom nabs it). He won't be eligible for the Traffic Education Program because of past violations, but I'm sure that something will get worked out. But he's going to unass some money and points when all is said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad
More then 15 over is a loss of your license unless you go to court. He'll get an attorney and have it reduced to 9 or so over.

Swag is right..we could very easily be discussing this topic in a completely different way.

BS

Order 66, that's not BS in NC (which is where that poster lives). NC has some of the craziest court systems I've ever heard of. Seatbelt ticket in SC - $25, in NC - $162 by the time it's done.

Once you get a ticket in NC, the officer can't help you. It's all on the court then. At least here, you can try to talk to the officer before the court date (or at least at court). If people show up to court for me, I always try to help as much as I can. Unless of course, you were a dick on the side of the road or when you come to court or both.
scunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #83
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Just the law as I understand it in SC:

Going 20 mph over the speed limit can result in an additional "reckless driving" charge (above a simple moving violation). At the officer's descretion, you can be arrested for this. Say, if two people were drag racing on surface streets, as a tack on ticket for drunk drivers speeding in excess, for someone who was speeding due to inability to control their speed (and were truly reckless).

Officers typically do not arrested people in excess of 20 mph if they are joy riding.

110 in a 70 is pretty excessive, but it's not like I haven't done it. Heck, I used to pin my Altima at 127 just to make the engine cut off to show my buddies what happens. I did that on 77 north, because if you're smart, you can speed and not get caught.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #84
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Scunyon...thanks for the clarification on NC vs SC. For some reason, I thought the 15 over rule applied in both states.

And he was clocked going 110. Wonder if his top speed was more.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #85
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
Maybe not since its not drug related or anything like that but it makes you think about guys like Jerome Brown and the need for speed.

I can see hitting 100 (if you are hotdogging) and then letting off but 110?
There was a chase that started at the welcome center on 77 coming in from Charlotte (90MM) that ran down to Chester (61MM) and back up to Charlotte. Average speed was 142mph. Chase took less than 9 minutes to cover that distance. Crown Vic started it, the Audi S6 he was behind looked back and ... In came the Charger and then off and back on the interstate. When he saw he couldn't outrun him, he cut the median and headed home.

All that to say... 110 is pretty ho hum compared to some of the idiots we run across. Try a fully loaded tractor trailer running 108 coming through Chester on 77. Stopped? Yes. Jailed? Damn skippy!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #86
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

I was pulled doing 75 in a 45, it was 6 points and 450 in fines. I was in college too.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #87
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
Just the law as I understand it in SC:

Going 20 mph over the speed limit can result in an additional "reckless driving" charge (above a simple moving violation). At the officer's descretion, you can be arrested for this. Say, if two people were drag racing on surface streets, as a tack on ticket for drunk drivers speeding in excess, for someone who was speeding due to inability to control their speed (and were truly reckless).

Officers typically do not arrested people in excess of 20 mph if they are joy riding.

110 in a 70 is pretty excessive, but it's not like I haven't done it. Heck, I used to pin my Altima at 127 just to make the engine cut off to show my buddies what happens. I did that on 77 north, because if you're smart, you can speed and not get caught.
We've been told 25 over and it's not an add on. So if I charge for reckless, I can't also charge for speeding 25 over. Now a reckless along with passing a stopped school bus, you tote both to jail. All depends on what you're doing. A lot of guys try to stack stuff on but it always gets dropped or plead out in court.

State guys will go with the most serious offense. So if you're stopped for speeding, but end up DUI, the DUI is what you'll get along with a warning for the speed.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #88
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Scunyon...thanks for the clarification on NC vs SC. For some reason, I thought the 15 over rule applied in both states.

And he was clocked going 110. Wonder if his top speed was more.
He was probably slowing down. Most people coming out of Columbia mash gas from the 34 to the 40 and slow down just before exit 41 because it's a well known hiding spot.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #89
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 860000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

In Georgia, he would be a "SUPER SPEEDER" ( Some add on law that allows you to be charged by County and then again by the State)
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #90
Drunkeneskimofo
is awesome.

Male

CockyCash: 200
Drunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Drunkeneskimofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccall View Post
Since when does 40 mph over the speed limit and 20 mph over a reckless driving charge not get you arrested?

I should have become a college athlete
The big difference is that if you were to do it, it wouldn't make the news.

Clemson University... you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Drunkeneskimofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #91
TAFC 5 1981
4-Star

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Yes most of us have done stupid

#### like that; but its nothing to joke about. Ask Paul Walker.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #92
bhusc2002
Bowl MVP

Male

bhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Thanks for the context, I was hoping a state trooper would comment. So if he's been stopped 3 times before at "ludicrous speed" he must have been cut some slack in court, and I assume this time he's about to be relieved of his license. Sound plausible?
Absolutely not. He was just auditioning for Space Balls 2.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #93
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

My, how times have changed. Back in the day I still lived in SC and the limit was still 65 every single time a cop saw me or my wife at 76 or more we got pulled and it was $55 (55 1994 dollars).

Nowadays when I'm on 77 on the way to Charleston for my annual visit I got everyone flying around me if I'm not doing at least 76. Which is fine because I'm usually running about 80.

I-77 is a 90 mph road. Some don't want to admit that but it's the truth.

I personally don't have much problem with JC or anyone else running 110 on the road. I hope that the traffic citation and the fine is as far as this goes for him. I also hope he tears some up some Wiscy QB hiney in the bowl game.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #94
BlakelyH19
4-Star

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

He's lucky he didn't go to jail! I can't say nothing I've been a lot faster they just could never catch me. cough 160mph cough. Thankfully i got that the racing out of my system. Be safe JD!!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #95
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Him and Dabo were racing.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #96
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Clowney ticketed ... 110 in a 70

He was trying to getaway from a Texans fan.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #97
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superadiabatic View Post
My, how times have changed. Back in the day I still lived in SC and the limit was still 65 every single time a cop saw me or my wife at 76 or more we got pulled and it was $55 (55 1994 dollars).

Nowadays when I'm on 77 on the way to Charleston for my annual visit I got everyone flying around me if I'm not doing at least 76. Which is fine because I'm usually running about 80.

I-77 is a 90 mph road. Some don't want to admit that but it's the truth.

I personally don't have much problem with JC or anyone else running 110 on the road. I hope that the traffic citation and the fine is as far as this goes for him. I also hope he tears some up some Wiscy QB hiney in the bowl game.
I admit to exceeding speeds of 100 mph myself on 77. This is not Aaron Hernandez stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
He was trying to getaway from a Texans fan.
Ha! Rep.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #98
tkousc
4-Star

Male

tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

I roll up to Charlotte every month or so from Augusta area and go about 85-90. I've found on I-77 there there is way fewer cops than any other interstate in this state. At least from Blythewood till it goes to three lane I rarely see anyone. Clowney probably had something to do in the Rock and sped in the wide open stretch.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #99
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

We have all done at least 85 after a night game in Columbia.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:44 AM   #100
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by etowngangsta View Post
"Until you park it next to a phantom."
This is bullshit