CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
ertman420
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1335)
ESPN article on Clow (1029)
Clemson Georgia Game (812)
Mangus now coaching (552)
Can Tennessee get to (400)
Chick Redefines the (268)
Spread vs. aTm (227)
Truly Inspiring (210)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (197)
The Bama series (196)
2 Crazy things
Mangus now coaching TEs
The Bama series
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Taj Griffin
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Playstation 4
ESPN article on Clowney -

Old 12-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #101
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in
Default Re: Happy? Maybe. Satisfied? Hell no.

You should hop on the Alabama (or now Auburn) bandwagon if you want a championship every year. You should apply for Spurrier's job if you think you can do better.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #102
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10700
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Anyone remember 1999? That was my senior year.
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #103
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Ahmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spurs

Beat Wisconsin!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #104
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Ahmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerLarry View Post
You should hop on the Alabama (or now Auburn) bandwagon if you want a championship every year. You should apply for Spurrier's job if you think you can do better.
Amen!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #105
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
So I guess you think Auburn sucks because they had some down to the wire games?
Against Georgia and Alabama? While ours were against Florida and kentucky? Yeah. Why would I think auburn sucks? They have 1 loss and they're in the national championship. Besides I never said I thought South Carolina sucked so your post is pretty much meaningless. I said we were 11 points from being a 5 loss team. That was in response to a post that said "a 5 loss season would bring everyone down to earth". No, knowing that we were 11 points from being a 5 loss team is enough to bring you down to earth. If we were winning every game by a big margin then I could understand the "bring the fans down to earth" comment.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #106
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
I completely agree. The attitude of "well, we beat Clemson and we're going to a pretty good bowl" is not going to move this program forward. Neither are the Old Carolina mentality fans, who tell people off with phrases like "Well, a few years ago we would be hooting and hollering for the Capital One Bowl." This program needs to take the next step while the opportunity presents itself. This year was set up for USC to do big things. Yet we blew it. The window is closing. The majority of the conference is outrecruiting us. We have plenty of fans who are content with mediocre recruiting, because they are convinced that we'll just "coach up" what we've got. That doesn't cut it in the SEC. In the SEC you've got to have top-notch talent AND coach them up. You can't do just one or the other and expect sustained success.

I see our window closing, as early as next year given the significantly tougher schedule we'll face in 2014. USC has got to get a trophy or two in the trophy case from this era or it will be viewed as nothing more than a brief uptick in the centuries-long mediocrity of Carolina football.
You talk about mediocre recruiting but you have to understand you can't make kids come to your school. They are trying to do it the clean way. You talk about the window closing, but the 2015 class is shaping up to be one of our best ever.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #107
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Before the season started we had a thread stating what we would be satisfied with. I believe that I said that with our young team an 8 win season would be my minimum. We have easily exceeded that so I am Ok with the season, am looking forward to the bowl, and hope to do better next year.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #108
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Before the season started we had a thread stating what we would be satisfied with. I believe that I said that with our young team an 8 win season would be my minimum. We have easily exceeded that so I am Ok with the season, am looking forward to the bowl, and hope to do better next year.
You read my mind sir.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #109
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Against Georgia and Alabama? While ours were against Florida and kentucky? Yeah. Why would I think auburn sucks? They have 1 loss and they're in the national championship. Besides I never said I thought South Carolina sucked so your post is pretty much meaningless. I said we were 11 points from being a 5 loss team. That was in response to a post that said "a 5 loss season would bring everyone down to earth". No, knowing that we were 11 points from being a 5 loss team is enough to bring you down to earth. If we were winning every game by a big margin then I could understand the "bring the fans down to earth" comment.
They struggled against Washington St, Miss State, and Ole Miss also. That Georgia team they beat were not the same Georgia team we faced that was at home, hungry for revenge, and HEALTHY!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #110
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Whatever makes you feel better
Old 12-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #111
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

I sure hope our players aren't as uninterested in this upcoming game as many of our fans seem to be. Although I think the quiet majority is probably a little more reasonable.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #112
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Whatever makes you feel better
I'm just saying i've seen Auburn play twice in person this season cause my cousin is a CB commit. They'll get thrashed in the Nat'l Championship.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #113
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 960
Copperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Haha. Bless his heart.
Question.....are you a clemsux troll? I find it hard to believe you are a Carolina fan given that all I ever see from you on this board is childish, immature, smartass comments toward posters.

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #114
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
They struggled against Washington St, Miss State, and Ole Miss also. That Georgia team they beat were not the same Georgia team we faced that was at home, hungry for revenge, and HEALTHY!
You have to remember that this was a new offensive scheme for some of the Auburn players. Nick Marshall didn't start learning it until fall practice. He's told the media he only knew 25% of the playbook at the start of the season. Auburn didn't struggle with Ole Miss, they got the score up then Ole Miss staged a late surge that fell short.
Thenardier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #115
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

We are in a small window before someone turns UF and UT around.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #116
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I'm more disappointed in last year. We were loaded. Should have had MSU instead we got LSU...thanks SEC.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #117
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Auburn didn't struggle with Ole Miss, they got the score up then Ole Miss staged a late surge that fell short.
I understand your point. That's similar to what i'm saying. We put up big points and let a lot of teams get back into the game. Auburn did the same in games.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #118
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Well, there ain't nobody safer than someone who doesn't care
And it isn't even lonely when no one's ever there
I had a lot of dreams once, but some of them came true...
The honey's sometimes bitter when fortune falls on you
Old 12-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #119
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly

man after my own heart... well said!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #120
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Were you talking about this thread?

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=194560
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote