CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
GoldenSpur7
usc1
Gyle41386
Ole Miss Projected R (590)
Sunday college footb (534)
So who was the dude (514)
Early Pre-Season wom (509)
Kentucky Inmate Star (506)
Acock reviews the SE (481)
Tennessee hires Donn (447)
Get the SEC Network (447)
2001 vs Sandstorm (394)
Does anyone have a l (265)
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
Name a Gamecock
Tennessee hires Donnie Ty
Victor Hampton Arrested
2001 vs Sandstorm
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Nyheim Hines
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Softball tops Georgia Sou

Old 12-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #121
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: Happy? Maybe. Satisfied? Hell no.

I'm w/ the OP, although I'm happy AND satisfied about some things this season and unhappy AND dissatisfied w/ others. I contain multitudes.

I also think a lot of the negativity comes from two things:

1. Mizzou winning the East in 2nd year when it took us almost 2 decades to do it (even though we came in as independent w/ no support or infrastructure or team or facilities or anything, really and they came in from a power conference and recent BCS-contention). We all feel like we had the better team and "deserved" the East and when Mizzou took care of business, it was deflating. AND (the big one)...

2. Clemson going to a BCS Bowl which they clearly don't deserve. We beat Clemson. We've beaten them 5 straight years. They barely beat an overrated UGA team and lived off of it all season and despite getting dragged up and down their own field by FSU and taking a massive dump against the only other team w/ a pulse they played (i.e. us), they get "rewarded" w/ a BCS Bowl that's more prestigious and garners more attention than our own.

Both are valid sources of frustration. The BCS is awful and Clemson doesn't deserve it at all. We had a great season but can't seem to get over the hump. If we'd won just one more East title during this stretch I think we'd all feel better and it's okay to say that w/o discounting how good it has been.

"Next year", I suppose, though this time "this year" was pretty good on its own.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #122
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Decent season. Blew it against UT. They was a really horrible loss.

Why are we fixated on the UT game? The game that effed up our season was UGA. We had fought back and tied the game after being behind, they got the ball first in the second half and we got the stop. We march down the field to about the 20 yard line and fumble the darn ball. We lost all momentum and lost the game. Yes there were other bad plays in that game but that was the killer. UT doesn't really matter if we win that game.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #123
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
You must not have read the entire thread. You would think these folks are wanting to get rid of the HBC and Whammy!
I never want to get rid of the HBC but i would take Ellis Johnson back in a heartbeat!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #124
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Pretty sure this title is wrong. You don't sound happy at all. I thought the title would lend balance and perspective, that it IS possible to be happy and yet not satisfied. Or to put it differently, happy but hungry. Most of these fans you refer to negatively feel that way, not like you describe. I took a back stage tour of WB on game day vs. clempson, and what I noticed was how far we have come since 2005. Most fans have no idea how bad our facilities really were in comparison to the rest of the SEC. To think it turns around quickly is just mistaken.

Think of Auburns season, sometimes luck is the difference between our season and theirs. Yes, luck, two once in a decade plays that won games for the same team in must win games during the same season. Luck is sometimes with you.

You can feel however you want to feel, but none of you guys saying these thing sound happy at all. Just telling you what the rest of us see. I don't know how you would react if we won a championship, would we just hear "now do it again" or would you celebrate for a day or two?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #125
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Ahmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
I never want to get rid of the HBC but i would take Ellis Johnson back in a heartbeat!
You don't think Coach Ward is the man for the job. Don't get me wrong I love E.Johnson too. But I have faith in Coach Ward.