CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
ReadR00ster
Gyle41386
Acockolypse Now
sporkgod50
markp_vip
4gamecockfb
Lalli25
Thenardier
OscarTheGrouch
Women's bb - Deshiel (651)
Hope Springs Eternal (579)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (496)
Byron the bunny...fe (404)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
How to cut the musta (270)
The #AskEmmert Q& (200)
Shameless self promo (181)
The Kentucky Bourbon (148)
Larenz Bryant update?
Connor Mitch
Victor Hampton Arrested
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Name a Gamecock
UK's Whitlow to transfer
Ahmed Hill (2014 Propsect
Joeckel Transfering from
How to cut the mustard

Old 12-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
Big-Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material
Default Dont Shoot the messenger!!

Not sure I feel the same way. I do have mixed feelings about Clowney but this isn't good for him.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/12...oor-work-ethic
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dont Shoot the messenger!!

One mans opinion.

He's still #1 on Kiper and McShay's big board. They probably know what he's talking about more than that guy.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Work ethic issues? Maybe...

Character risk?? Hardly!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

I follow that guy on Twitter, and trust me when I say he does not know much about college football. He doesn't do enough research and is often corrected by other Falcons beat writers in his assumptions on certain draft prospects. Just recently his article was quoted in a conversation amongst some Falcons fans, and one of the writers from Charleston, SC was quick to point out that Clowney's teammates and coaches both love and respect him, and that he is playing through injuries - not the type of player that is selfish and the injury issues alone negate the argument that he is selfish or lacks a high motor. Also, the whole taken plays off argument, all great players take plays off every now and then. If the ball is not going Clowney's direction, then I understand him letting his teammates work for the tackle this year, instead of stressing his foot any further in a slim hope of running down the ball carrier.

EDIT: Follow @ScottCarasik if you are a Falcons fan. He is one of the most knowledgeable guys IMO. Today he wrote that NFL GM's will look into Clowney's background and work ethic and see that there are no issues. Also said that front offices will tell the presses different things, like a smokescreen, to keep their agendas hidden from other franchises.

If Clowney is available by the time the Falcons pick, they will take him. Defensively, the Falcons need all the help they can get on pass rushing.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

To put it short, he's making up stuff. And to compare Clowney to Haynesworth is straight disrespectful.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

That is just a load of BS.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cock View Post
Not sure I feel the same way. I do have mixed feelings about Clowney but this isn't good for him.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/12...oor-work-ethic
Some is accurate and some of it is not. Clowney certainly would take plays off and I know he wasn't crazy about the weight room. I have not heard one credible Coach state Clowney had any attitude problem. If he did Spurrier I believe would have let us know.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

im sure we'll see more bad articles like this alongside more level headed articles. teams will do a ton of homework on clowney, but its the same thing they do with any high draft pick. other than that ill wait to discuss the draft after our season.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
markp_vip
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

If you look at the fine print it clearly states that this message has been approved by picks 2-10 of the 2014 NFL Draft.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #10
Big-Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Yeah I don't feel the same as he does. I know Clowney took plays off and was probably due to the fact he was frustrated most of the time that they never came his way and was always chipped or double teamed him.

Either way still not good publicity.
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

Even if he were an entitled prima donna, Atlanta wouldn't pass on him. Clowney is going to get drug through the mud before its all said and done, b/c it's all about tv ratings and hits on a website.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #12
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

NFL guys have already said they don't see a problem

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #13
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

the taking plays off thing is ridiculous. Every defensive lineman takes plays off
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #14
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

He's still not going any lower than #3 to Atlanta.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #15
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Clowney to Haynesworth?!?! WOW, this guys stuff just became Irrelevant after one sentence!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #16
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons

I would have a bad work ethic to if I was working a 60 hr work week essentially for free, while people are telling me that I could have been a millionaire last year.

I mean how would anyone feel. I'm sure that when the money starts to come in he will be fully motivated.
SC Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #17
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I still can't figure out why clowney didn't get the foot surgery during the off season
Old 12-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 0
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

The comparisons aside, the guy's partly right. Clowney did come in out of shape for the season and had excuses each week until after mid season. The foot surgery we have heard about since HS yet it still hasn't been done. Why?? He bought into all the hype as we al did but he still had an off season. Maybe he gets re-focused in the NFL off season but he wasn't this past one that's 100% for sure.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #19
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick rules the CockPitCocky chick rules the CockPitCocky chick rules the CockPitCocky chick rules the CockPitCocky chick rules the CockPitCocky chick rules the CockPitCocky chick rules the CockPitCocky chick rules the CockPitCocky chick rules the CockPitCocky chick rules the CockPitCocky chick rules the CockPit

Love Clowney and love my Gamecocks, but I think if we're all completely honest, we will admit that he was somewhat of a disappointment this year. Of course, there's no way he could have lived up to the pre-season hype, but it did get frustrating to see one thing after another come up as an excuse why he didn't play, or why he didn't play well. I know I expected Superman this year, and it just didn't happen. I guess it's somewhat understandable if he wanted to be sure to be healthy for next year, but again it's disappointing to think that he didn't give the Gamecocks 100% this year. Having said all that, I hope he gets picked right away and terrorizes QBs all over the NFL next year!
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #20
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29799800
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tag View Post
I would have a bad work ethic to if I was working a 60 hr work week essentially for free, while people are telling me that I could have been a millionaire last year.

I mean how would anyone feel. I'm sure that when the money starts to come in he will be fully motivated.
Absolute nonsense.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote