CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
sporkgod50
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1805)
The #AskEmmert Q& (578)
Stadium Ratings-Site (427)
Construction of Worl (284)
Peach Bowl name retu (281)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (279)
Save Electricity By (233)
HELP calculating acr (202)
NBA Wants to Up Age (139)
How Experienced In P (134)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 12-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #101
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney ticketed ... 110 in a 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGarnet View Post
..."but I bought it cuz it looked like a phantom'
Quote:
Originally Posted by etowngangsta View Post
"Until you park it next to a phantom."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacock View Post
This is bullshit

Old 12-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #102
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #103
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 0
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Why is this even news?

Going 110mph is, however, very stupid.

Are you serious? Wake up, he's one of the top players in the country, top on our team, most well known anywhere and he's caught doing something extremely dangerous to himself and to MANY others. Stupid move on his behalf. Very stupid.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #104
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

All I know is this....if I got stopped running 110 in a 70, I am probably going to end up in the back of the police car.

Also, apparently this isn't his first speeding ticket from what I have gathered.

Also...for those of you asking why this is news. The post directly above mine answered that pretty well. Clowney wasn't just being stupid here. He was being stupid AND putting himself, as well as others, in a great deal of danger. How he was not cited for reckless driving is beyond me.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #105
Boxer
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Boxer has earned his spursBoxer has earned his spursBoxer has earned his spursBoxer has earned his spursBoxer has earned his spursBoxer has earned his spurs
Default Mike and Mike show comment

First, please slow it down JD.
We've all done it at least once...didn't make the news.

M&M really got off this AM. Brought in the JD 'taking plays off', not living up to expectations, blah, blah.

Topper dumb comment:
JD will still be top 3 pick even after 'all' the stuff he's done'.
Said they would not draft him at all.

OK, I got a notebook out and started to write down all the 'stuff' JD has done wrong to warrant not being a top pick.....I didn't write anything down.

People can be so jealous and mean spirited of someone they don't know anything about.

Again JD...slow it down...stay under the radar!
Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #106
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001179
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
All I know is this....if I got stopped running 110 in a 70, I am probably going to end up in the back of the police car.

You and me both man haha
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #107
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Cops aren't going to arrest him.
He's Jadeveon Clowney
Old 12-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #108
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
Tony is sharpening his clawsTony is sharpening his clawsTony is sharpening his clawsTony is sharpening his claws

Garcia was never "arrested" for any of his pranks, yet he was always on the carpet. It would not bother me if SOS sat him out 1st quarter, it's called tough love. JD is a role model and an idol to many youngsters, and 40 over the limit is not cool IMHO.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #109
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

SC State Troopers, the only ones to stop Clowney his whole career... LOL
Old 12-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #110
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

My buddy got pulled over doing the same heading to Gameday last year and no he didnt go to jail just a really expensive ticket. Yes it is stupid but technically anytime any of you go over the speed limit at all it is putting others in danger.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #111
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
My buddy got pulled over doing the same heading to Gameday last year and no he didnt go to jail just a really expensive ticket. Yes it is stupid but technically anytime any of you go over the speed limit at all it is putting others in danger.

Any time you drive period there is an element of danger. However, driving at that speed, when it it dark out, it a lot different than say driving 75 in a 70 when it is dark out. Had something happened in front of him, he would have had almost zero chance of reacting in enough time to prevent something disastrous from happening.

I love Clowney because of the beast he is on the field....but this wasn't smart.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #112
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

JC was apparently singing...

One foot on the brake and one on the gas
Well there's too much traffic, I can't pass
So I tried my best illegal move
But a big black and white come and crushed my groove
Old 12-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #113
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

I don't personally know anyone who has ever been taken to jail for speeding, not to say it doesn't happen. I think that's one of those things that likely boils down to your attitude with the cop.

I was pulled going 113 in a 55 when I was 17. Got a huge fine and a nice toungue lashing from the cop (and later the judge), but I certainly was not locked up.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #114
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Are you serious? Wake up, he's one of the top players in the country, top on our team, most well known anywhere and he's caught doing something extremely dangerous to himself and to MANY others. Stupid move on his behalf. Very stupid.
It's not THAT big of a deal.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #115
wumarshall82
Bowl MVP

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunyon View Post
There was a chase that started at the welcome center on 77 coming in from Charlotte (90MM) that ran down to Chester (61MM) and back up to Charlotte. Average speed was 142mph. Chase took less than 9 minutes to cover that distance. Crown Vic started it, the Audi S6 he was behind looked back and ... In came the Charger and then off and back on the interstate. When he saw he couldn't outrun him, he cut the median and headed home.

All that to say... 110 is pretty ho hum compared to some of the idiots we run across. Try a fully loaded tractor trailer running 108 coming through Chester on 77. Stopped? Yes. Jailed? Damn skippy!

Good lord. People are idiots.

I love when driving down the interstate and you get 2, generally piece of shit cars, thinking they are in the making of Fast and Furious just following each other at ridiculous speeds. They get some kind of connection or something while driving...

I am guessing you are a State Trooper?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #116
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Mike and Mike show comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
First, please slow it down JD.
We've all done it at least once...didn't make the news.

M&M really got off this AM. Brought in the JD 'taking plays off', not living up to expectations, blah, blah.

Topper dumb comment:
JD will still be top 3 pick even after 'all' the stuff he's done'.
Said they would not draft him at all.

OK, I got a notebook out and started to write down all the 'stuff' JD has done wrong to warrant not being a top pick.....I didn't write anything down.

People can be so jealous and mean spirited of someone they don't know anything about.

Again JD...slow it down...stay under the radar!
I'm assuming M&M is Mike and Mike...?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #117
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

My favorites are the two cars that ride side-by-side on the interstate well under the actual speed limit.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #118
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Didnt a nascar driver get pulled for something like this in charlotte recently. 120 in a 50 i think. Pretty sure he didn't go to jail.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #119
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

110 on the interstate??? CRUCIFY HIM!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #120
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I have figured this out.

Clowney got a booty call from his HOT @$$ GF that lives in Charlotte.

Case Closed...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote