CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Singaporecock
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
usc1
2000grad
markp_vip
jrussjr
G&B
ktguen
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Hillsborough (479)
Larenz Bryant update (459)
2015 - Chris Clark (425)
No.1 for 2016 has Ga (343)
UK's Whitlow to tran (269)
Bamberg High School (233)
GTA V online (224)
Its April 15th and i (173)
Joeckel Transfering (166)
Jameis Winston's Accuser
A'ja Wilson
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Larenz Bryant update?
response from charter abo
GTA V online
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
2015 - Emanuel McGirt
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 12-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #201
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Playstation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I love the PS3 controller. I know people didn't like it. I've never liked using the back triggers for anything on either system so the DS3 never bothered me. I liked the fact that it was light and compact with the sticks side by side. I could never play the 360 for long periods of time bc the off setting thumb sticks were uncomfortable to me and the controller was too heavy.
completely agree 1000%
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #202
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
FPS is what I mainly play as well. I just liked my thumbs closer together and the sticks just seemed more responsive to me so it didn't feel like I had to move my thumbs as much. I am eager to use the DS4 to see how I like the changes.

the new ps controller is much, much better than the old one. i think you'll like it. and the triggers are much improved as well, which is obviously important for FPSs.

what i meant earlier about the left stick on the xbox controller is that with the way you hold it and the way the left stick (which translates to forward movement and strafing for the most part) it is more natural to push your thumb "forward" rather than "up" on the ps.

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #203
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
I can see the appeal of the PlayStation stick layout for a lot of genres...for FPSs, which is what I primarily play, I could never go back to the inline sticks. The Offset movement (left) stick is more natural and vastly superior IMO.

I also love the Xbox (360 & X1) triggers...the ps4 triggers are way better than the ps3 ones though. Good on Sony for that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
What if you had to switch the assignments of the sticks, ie. left handed. You think it would still be better? Thats the issue with non-symmetrical controllers, you have to go out and purchase a whole new controller.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #204
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
What if you had to switch the assignments of the sticks, ie. left handed. You think it would still be better? Thats the issue with non-symmetrical controllers, you have to go out and purchase a whole new controller.
well, left handed people, much like gingers, have no souls...not really worried about them.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #205
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
well, left handed people, much like gingers, have no souls...not really worried about them.
what about left handed, red headed step children how do you feel about them. left handed people are only left handed because nobody fixed them growing up
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #206
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
what about left handed, red headed step children how do you feel about them. left handed people are only left handed because nobody fixed them growing up

it's the parents. gotta fix the parents first. my youngest was showing signs of being left handed...i beat that right out of him. no worries now...he can get into heaven.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #207
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Decided to go with the PS4 instead of xbox one.. I have played without live for about a month and it hasn't bothered me.. I can trade in my 360 and 5 new games and get 304$ after the trade in bonus.. Looking forward to mlb 14 the show
Cockdiesel7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #208
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
I can trade in my 360 and 5 new games and get 304$ after the trade in bonus..

that's a good deal of $$$

good stuff.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #209
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Anyone know any good games I should get? Im looking at getting two
Old 12-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #210
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

BF4 and nba2k14

Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #211
qock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
qock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spurs

Quote:
BF4 and nba2k14
are you ever coming back to PSR?
qock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #212
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by qock View Post
are you ever coming back to PSR?
nah.

you post over there?

Old 12-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #213
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Cant find a ps4 anywhere
Old 12-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #214
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 1400
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

The PS4 was the highest selling console last month in the US. It has also destroyed the Xbone in Europe (3.5 times more PS4s sold in some Western European countries, around double overall). Japan and Asia, which have launches in December through February, will decidedly be Ps4.

It's easy. Better console, less expensive, add some logical behavior, and PS4 is the easy choice.
womfalcs3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #215
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I went to Best Buy on Saturday and they had demo versions of both systems set up, but the Xbone wasn't on for some reason. I got to spend about 10 minutes with the PS4 playing Knack. I wish I could have had more time so I could have played with the UI more. I was really wanting to see how the DS4 felt.

You can tell it feels different than the DS3 with it being bigger. I do like the sticks on the DS4. They seem like a good compromise between the 350 Controller and the DS3. The DS4 felt a good bit heavier than the DS3, which I wasn't pleased with. The extra weight could have been attributed to the device they had attached to it to make sure it couldn't be stolen. The back triggers are definitely different, but since I wasn't playing an FPS I didn't really use them. Overall the DS4 is an upgrade I can live with whenever I finally get the PS4.

Side note-I didn't see eithier system in stock. This was the Lexington location.
usc_yogi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #216
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
The DS4 felt a good bit heavier than the DS3, which I wasn't pleased with. The extra weight could have been attributed to the device they had attached to it to make sure it couldn't be stolen.
no, it's a lot heavier.

i couldn't stand the toy-like feel of the ps3 controller, so i liked the feel of the ps4 controller a lot more...but to each his own.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #217
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 94940
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
The PS4 was the highest selling console last month in the US. It has also destroyed the Xbone in Europe (3.5 times more PS4s sold in some Western European countries, around double overall). Japan and Asia, which have launches in December through February, will decidedly be Ps4.

It's easy. Better console, less expensive, add some logical behavior, and PS4 is the easy choice.
It's cheaper because you get less for.your money
Old 12-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #218
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
This is the main reason why the X1 is not selling as well as the PS4. It's mirroring what the PS3/Xbox360 was doing in sells. Pay $500/$600 for a PS3, or $300/$400 for a Xbox 360. More people can fork out $400 than $500 it's just a fact.

Last edited by rioninusc; 12-16-2013 at 05:44 PM.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #219
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
With both consoles, you are pretty much getting what you pay for. You are not getting more for your money with xbone. You pay a little bit more than PS4 for the base hardware that is less powerful but includes some extra parts for the tv viewing stuff. Then you pay more on top of that for Kinect.

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #220
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

it's threads like these that make me wish the internet didn't exist.