CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
COCKYWOOD
b381l
spareparts
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8393)
Sindarius Thornwell (903)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (571)
Best Child Acting Pe (549)
Well gameday just go (449)
Happy Birthday, Coac (399)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (368)
Your most famous twi (271)
South Carolina @ Aub (237)
Unsung Hero (228)
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #61
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit
Default Re: Mack Brown To Step Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
They have all already convinced themselves he's signed an extension. Even though there's been 0 confirmation of that. It's going to be even worse for them if he does go. They were in meltdown mode after the Iron Bowl, this would send them into complete combustion.

Most spoiled fanbase ever.
Good Lord, they poisoned the trees after Auburn's National Championship, just think what they'd do after that Iron Bowl, Saban jumping ship, and a possible Auburn NC. Auburn would have to have security patrols.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #62
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
ESPN just tweeted that Mack Brown will resign by the end of the week, and they credited Orangebloods.com for breaking the story first.
Not by his choice....he ain't going down easy. I think they are going to have to fire him.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #63
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Holy crap, I think I just had a seizure.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #64
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Ooooooh, Saban.... not Satan.... Well kinda

No one is gonna want that Bama job if Satan does go to Texas. I mean Saban
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #65
Justhatguy
4-Star

Male

Justhatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervous

I dont know if Texas would do it, but do you think they'd go after Malzahn? I know he just signed an extension at $4.5m a year but Texas could pay much more and he's said in the past that Texas is his dream job. He took a pay cut to become Arky state head coach and left them out to dry when the Auburn job came open. Who knows.
Justhatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #66
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I tell you, if I were them, I would go Saban 1; Malzahn 2.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #67
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhatguy View Post
I dont know if Texas would do it, but do you think they'd go after Malzahn? I know he just signed an extension at $4.5m a year but Texas could pay much more and he's said in the past that Texas is his dream job. He took a pay cut to become Arky state head coach and left them out to dry when the Auburn job came open. Who knows.
The "dream job" quote was crap.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #68
wumarshall82
Bowl MVP

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Alabama getting nervous about lack of response from Saban on new deal. He may be holding out to push his deal towards the $10 million range... damn.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...artner=ya5nbcs
Old 12-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #69
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

@TravHaneyESPN: Source told me that Mack Brown "isn't going to make it easy. He's told people he's not going to resign."
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #70
Justhatguy
4-Star

Male

Justhatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
The "dream job" quote was crap.
Maybe. But he didnt deny it when they asked him about it. He used just "coach/politician" speak. I'm just saying that with contracts, anything is possible.
Justhatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #71
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Other reports from double secret locations are Jimbo Fisher.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #72
wumarshall82
Bowl MVP

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...81--ncaaf.html

This keeps getting more interesting! Report: Saban to be next Texas coach..

Texas needs to come straight out with what their plans are because nobody seems to be on the same page..