CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
acejrock
catdaddy66
Spurticus
BREAD (390)
South Carolina @ Aub (332)
Dress shirt help (264)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (234)
Starz Black Sails (229)
Best Child Acting Pe (113)
Unsung Hero (12)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Connor Mitch
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
BREAD
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2015 - Auden Tate

Old 12-11-2013, 02:18 AM   #61
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 161
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 might be a tough year

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I think they are far from invinceable but we ar eplaying them at Auburn. If we were home I would give us the nod but no way we will be the favorite at their place. I am not even sure if we have ever beaten Auburn.
Because they put 860+ yards on the 2 top rushing defenses in the conference. After the SECCG Missouri's rushing defense went from 14th in the country, to 49th, they ran for over 540+ yards on them, Mizzou held Mike Davis to 75 yards.
Thenardier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #62
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGamecock View Post
Looking at our schedule (Auburn, Missouri, Georgia, Florida) and the key players that we are losing and probably a new, and totally untested, quarterback, 8-4 might feel real good. BTW, 8-4 is not bad, but compared to the Shaw/Clowney years, it might feel like a letdown. I wish I felt better that our recruiting this year was going better, but it appears that we are destined to a tough 2014, any comments?
2014 we will reload with great talent. Mike Davis was good reload for Marcus. Jhustin Thomas will be the same for Clowney. Dixon For Sutton, Lamin for Quarles, the 6'5 320 lb JuCO transfer is a beast. I think Dillon will start, but Conner Mitch will take over at QB. We have great talent coming back. Ronnie Martin will reload Vic Hampton.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:04 AM   #63
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

2014 will not be a tough year, and as I have said before, I predict Connor Mitch to be our starting QB
Old 12-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #64
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGCfan View Post
Don't know where the idea that A&M will be any good comes from. They lost a couple key players on an already bad defense for this year and they looked awful, not surprisingly. We get them at home the first game of the year as they are still figuring out their QB and they lose Mathews and Evans for next season. I think they are ranked coming into the year and we leave with a big win that looks more impressive than it is.

I haven't heard Manziel declare for the draft. He doesn't need the money. If he comes back, we lose that game.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #65
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I like 2014 against Wisconsin!
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #66
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I think we lose @Vandy (trap game and our typical 1 let down game per year) and @Auburn.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #67
SanAntonioCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 103606
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Never forget the "y"
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #68
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
2014 will not be a tough year, and as I have said before, I predict Connor Mitch to be our starting QB
Tough to see a RS freshman who has not played one snap of college ball beat out a senior QB who has won us a few ballgames.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #69
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
I haven't heard Manziel declare for the draft. He doesn't need the money. If he comes back, we lose that game.
Manziel is gone
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #70
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

If Connor Mitch is our starting QB against Texas A&M then I'm giving everybody on this board $20

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #71
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

I think Auburn has a gimmick offense that teams will be ready for next year. Florida is a joke that isn't even in the same league as us. Georgia is dependent on Gurley for success (unfortunately, I think he's got to play 1 more year). Missouri had the luckiest year in the history of the world and I don't expect that they will maintain their luck.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #72
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

I could see anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2. Clemson is going to end the streak eventually, Florida won't be anywhere NEAR as poor next year on offense, and Auburn is just going to get better under Malzahn. UT always seems to play us tough, regardless of their talent. Georgia will likely be a tough game. Opening with A&M won't be easy, either. We never seem to put together a complete game in the opener.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #73
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

We lose less players than any team in the nation, by a long shot.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #74
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
You need to check other Teams in our League. A lot of those Teams you mentioned lose a lot as well.
Except all those other teams have highly rated recruits coming in. Right now, SC is 10th in the SEC in terms of recruiting class ranking.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #75
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerLarry View Post
I think Auburn has a gimmick offense that teams will be ready for next year. Florida is a joke that isn't even in the same league as us. Georgia is dependent on Gurley for success (unfortunately, I think he's got to play 1 more year). Missouri had the luckiest year in the history of the world and I don't expect that they will maintain their luck.
Auburn might have something to say about that.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #76
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 161
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Quote:
I think Auburn has a gimmick offense that teams will be ready for next year.
He's had the same offense in 4 years, but no one has stopped him yet.
Thenardier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #77
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Auburn's offense is the same one they ran in 2010. How many SEC and national titles are they going to win before teams start to figure it out?

Gurley is a true sophomore, so he definitely play 1 more year.

I agree with, for the most part, about Missouri. It seems like every team they faced key players on the opposing team either did not play or were less than 100% (Gurley, every player on Florida, Shaw, Worley, Wallace, Manziel). Of course, those are offensive players. Make no mistake about it, Missouri's offense is very good. Defensively, not so much. If Shaw plays the entire game, we score, at least, 42 points against them

The bad news is that our more "pro-style" offense with Dylan at QB couldn't score a point against a defense that gave up 59 points to Auburn's "gimmick offense." If the offense is going to work with Dylan, he must complete, at the very least, 60% of his passes. Throwing a couple of incomplete bombs down field, taking no time off the clock, and then punting the ball back to a team like Auburn is a recipe for a loss.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #78
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

I watched Auburn's last few games of the season and Gary Danielson on CBS pointed out that they run the same play over and over again. The only difference is that the RB may run it, the QB may keep it, or it may be a WR screen. If Gary Danielson can figure that out, I would imaging that King Spurrier can.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #79
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

No need to really discuss this until we know for sure what teams lose which players

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #80
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
We lose less players than any team in the nation, by a long shot.
I don't follow CU, so I don't know if any of their draft-eligible, non-senior players will be leaving for sure (I know most believe Watkins will leave), but on paper they will only definitely lose 5 starters. Since we know we will be losing Shaw, Patrick, Clowney, Sutton, Quarles, Hampton, and Legree, we could very well lose more than just CU, and that's off the top of my head. So I think your comment is a little misinformed.