CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
bigdog2003
Lalli25
Acockolypse Now
tigertime86
ertman420
JerseyBird
CoverTwo
Victor Hampton Arres (2051)
Diamond DeSheilds, U (927)
how has more ESPN an (739)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (546)
Gamecock Legacy recr (511)
Attendance next seas (424)
purchasing football (330)
Honeymoon recommenda (269)
$15 home AC (236)
Women's bb - Deshiel (206)
A'ja Wilson
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Women's bb - Deshields to
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
boiled peanuts
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
purchasing football ticke
what happens if you run o

Old 12-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #121
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ahmad Christian is Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
Why do you care that he cares? Do you feel personally slighted or something?
I care because it doesn't help recruiting when the fans bash a player who leaves because of perfectly acceptable reasons. The guy thinks has a better opportunity somewhere else. It's bush league to say "don't let the door hit you." We should be saying, "Thanks for your efforts, good luck to you."
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #122
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I care because it doesn't help recruiting when the fans bash a player who leaves because of perfectly acceptable reasons. The guy thinks has a better opportunity somewhere else. It's bush league to say "don't let the door hit you." We should be saying, "Thanks for your efforts, good luck to you."
In that case,

We will love you forever Ahmad. Also, I have connections at local car dealerships and sports apparel retailers. Recruits contact me.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #123
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
So as you're falling down ... you're supposed to throw your arm UP?

Come on people ... get real.
If he wants to leave to pursue a Baseball career that is fine. He just aint Gamecock Material.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #124
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

Geez, some of ya'll act like he's killing our program.

He's a young man that's making a decision for his future. What his reasons are, is his business.

Personally, I commend him for making such a tough decision for his life and possibly career. A lot of young men wouldn't have the mental make-up to make such a big decision.

As far as our program is concerned, treat him like a senior. Thank him for his time and contributions and move on to the future.

That being said. Coaches have some recruiting to do.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #125
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Ahmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Geez, some of ya'll act like he's killing our program.

He's a young man that's making a decision for his future. What his reasons are, is his business.

Personally, I commend him for making such a tough decision for his life and possibly career. A lot of young men wouldn't have the mental make-up to make such a big decision.

As far as our program is concerned, treat him like a senior. Thank him for his time and contributions and move on to the future.

That being said. Coaches have some recruiting to do.
Couldn't have said it better. Some people act like these kids shouldn't be in control of their own lives.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #126
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
If he wants to leave to pursue a Baseball career that is fine. He just aint Gamecock Material.
How can you say that? The kid has worked hard and given everything he's got to the program while for two years, playing sports.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #127
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

"$240 million yeah ill holla at you football ✌️" - Ahmad Christian

"I prefer swisher" - Ahmad Christian

So yeah.. I could care less. Half these player's don't care about "Team". It's just the truth. Not everyone is Marcus Lattimore/Connor Shaw. Sounds to me like someone who would rather take it easy and go the baseball route. Baseball is NOTHING like the grind of week to week football & I can only imagine it's even tougher in the SEC. I'm good friends with a guy who was called by the reds to pitch for millions. The conditioning is way less intense & trust me they can get by with being lazy. While in the end probably make more money with less risk of injury.

Last edited by GamecockSuperFan; 12-11-2013 at 12:52 PM.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #128
GamecockMenace85
Walk On

Male

GamecockMenace85 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post

So yeah.. I could care less. Half these player's don't care about "Team". It's just the truth. Not everyone is Marcus Lattimore/Connor Shaw. Owell.

Yeah his twitter kind of shows where his mind is. Obvious that its not with football or Carolina for that matter...
GamecockMenace85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #129
ScottK
4-Star

Male

ScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervous
Default Ahmad Christian is Transferring

Quote:
"$240 million yeah ill holla at you football " - Ahmad Christian

So yeah.. I could care less. Half these player's don't care about "Team". It's just the truth. Not everyone is Marcus Lattimore/Connor Shaw. Owell.
I don't get this line of thinking. Same with the people who get upset when players go to the NFL as a junior.

You mean you expect someone to care about their university or their team more than their own career and future? Basically more than their own life?

Dude obviously either likes baseball more or thinks he has a better chance of making a career out of it. Why should he continue playing football at USC despite that in order to make fans happy?
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #130
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Best of luck to Ahmad was nothing but a good player here, hope to see him in the bigs one day

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #131
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
I don't get this line of thinking. Same with the people who get upset when players go to the NFL as a junior.

You mean you expect someone to care about their university or their team more than their own career and future? Basically more than their own life?

Dude obviously either likes baseball more or thinks he has a better chance of making a career out of it. Why should he continue playing football at USC despite that in order to make fans happy?
I could care less what he does. Just like I don't care if players leave early. If the money is there take it.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #132
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Ahmad Christian has accomplished more in his two years as a Gamecock for the University of South Carolina than anyone who posts on this message board.
LMAO. OK. Glad you believe that.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #133
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post

It's called someone living in fantasy land.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #134
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
It's they way he handled it bro. I agree it's fine to move one but don't blind side the people that have supported you the last two years.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #135
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Hey it over when its over. Good luck to Ahmad and hopefully the next guy will come in and be a better corner than he was.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #136
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Maybe Ahmad should have called Russell Wilson. He could have told him how hard it is to make a living as a professional baseball player. I'm guessing that Wilson was a better baseball player at NCST than AC is now and RW got drafted. Remember RW went to college to play baseball first and football second.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #137
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:

So yeah.. I could care less. Half these player's don't care about "Team". It's just the truth. Not everyone is Marcus Lattimore/Connor Shaw. Sounds to me like someone who would rather take it easy and go the baseball route. Baseball is NOTHING like the grind of week to week football & I can only imagine it's even tougher in the SEC. I'm good friends with a guy who was called by the reds to pitch for millions. The conditioning is way less intense & trust me they can get by with being lazy. While in the end probably make more money with less risk of injury.

Baseball is every bit a grind. The season is long and you are playing pretty much every day. Being lazy is not likely to make you successful in any endeavor, especially including professional baseball. You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #138
ScottK
4-Star

Male

ScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Baseball is every bit a grind. The season is long and you are playing pretty much every day. Being lazy is not likely to make you successful in any endeavor, especially including professional baseball. You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Yea you report in February or March, season starts in April and ends in October. You play 162 games in about 180 days. No grind there lol.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #139
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
It's they way he handled it bro. I agree it's fine to move one but don't blind side the people that have supported you the last two years.
Stop being ridiculous. It's better we know now so that we can make preparations, try to use it as recruiting leverage for guys like Wesley Green and DJ Smith. Maybe float another offer out there. He did us a FAVOR. "Blindsiding?" Come on man, you say that like he is trying to hurt some one's feelings. It's laughable.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #140
WoodCocky
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 455
WoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Ahmad Christian has accomplished more in his two years as a Gamecock for the University of South Carolina than anyone who posts on this message board.
Sounds like your as much of a Gamecock as Ahmad is! Maybe both of you should move further north and dress in Orange! No such thing as once a Gamecock always a Gamecock! If you don't want to be a Gamecock - get the hell out!

WoodCocky is offline   Reply With Quote