CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
COCKYWOOD
b381l
spareparts
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8393)
Sindarius Thornwell (903)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (571)
Best Child Acting Pe (549)
Well gameday just go (449)
Happy Birthday, Coac (399)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (368)
Your most famous twi (271)
South Carolina @ Aub (237)
Unsung Hero (228)
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 12-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #41
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material
Default Re: USC - Wisc score prediction thread

Wisconsin will not hold us under 30. I think our d holds them under 30. Win and notch another 11 win season. Probably similar to the Clemson game. Pull away late to make it look better on the scoreboard

Last edited by rosstheboss; 12-10-2013 at 11:25 PM.
rosstheboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #42
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

As much running that will take place in this game, our ability to hold the ball for 6-8 minutes at a time, and both teams' lack of big-time special teams games, I don't think there will be that many points.

USC: 27
Wisconsin: 20

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #43
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

billion to 0 USC
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #44
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

31-27 USC

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #45
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

I don't think they score more than Clemson did.

The Real USC 31 Wisconson 17.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #46
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

We have more talent and better coaches. If the team stays focused and practices well we will send another Big 10 team home with a loss. Sure they can run the ball but we have some good players on defense and it will come down to executing the scheme Coach Ward puts together.

As someone already stated, the badgers are due for a loss by more than 7 pts. This isn't Indiana or Purdue or Minnesota they are going up against...
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #47
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

31-14 Gamecocks.

Shaw is the difference.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #48
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

We have some real idiots on this board who's thought process went like this when they heard we're playing Wisconsin.

"Oh, we're playing Wisconsin. They were good 4 years ago. Oh? They have 9 wins? They should probably be playing for a national championship. No way we can stop that offense. Their guys are BIGGGGG. They average more than 250 a game on the ground. Wow, they're going to blow us out. We never stop the run. They average more yards per carry than auburn and Oregon (I was really told this. 3 different offenses, 3 different leagues, 3 different types of players. There is no comparison there). Well, since we don't score 50 a game and we only average 450 yards a game, we'll lose 31-10"

Stupid people. Here are the facts:

Wisconsin has 3 signature wins over BYU, Minnesota and Iowa. They lost at Arizona state, ohio state and at home to a depleted penn state team.

Carolina signature wins: UCF MIZZOU VANDY CLEMSON. All 4 of these teams are better than the 3 wins for Wisconsin.

South Carolina is second in the sec behind Alabama In run defense.

South Carolina will set the record for YPG this season.

I'm not saying Wisconsin sucks. I think they are a good football team. They are not great, they are not Alabama, they are not LSU and they do not play as tough of schedule as we do.

Do some research before you go spewing ignorant scores and negativity EVERY WEEK and it's always the same ones who do it. Knowing something about football would help too.

End rant.

34-24 gamecocks

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #49
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdsrip View Post
Just fyi Wisconsin hasn't lost a game by more than 7 points since Oct 2010. One thing this UW team knows how to do is battle until the end. They simply don't get blown out. It is crazy how one turd of a game changes a teams perception. Before we crapped the bed against PSU UW was considered a clear-cut top 10 team despite their ridiculous ranking who would give anyone outside of Bama or FSU all they can handle. Now everyone is pissed off about their 'crappy' bowl matchup against another 'weak B1G team'. I think UW is going to be pissed off and out to send a message. UW 35-USC 21
Before USC crapped the bed against Tenn, we were also considered a clear-cut top 10 team. The difference is USC is ranked in the top 10 and we can give any team, including Bama and FSU, all they can handle. Really looking forward to this first match up and a really good game. 34 - 31 Cocks.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #50
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
Right now, I would say Wisc wins 24-17. The fans do not seem to care about the bowl game, so why should the players, but I hope I am wrong.

Ummmm..... because they're the players...........

That makes no sense.

34-17 Cocks (in your mouth, Wisconsin.)
Old 12-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #51
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Our players are actually pretty fired up for this game. This is one of the better matchups of the bowl season.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #52
Blue&Cocky
Long Live The Note

Male

Blue&Cocky has hatched from the shell

I'm thinking it's gonna be close. Whether it be a difference of 3-7 points. Not that this matters, but my copy of NCAA 14 had us winning 48-42 in 2 OT's with Mike Davis scoring a TD on 3rd and goal to seal the win. FOREVER TO THEE!

FOREVER TO THEE! GO COCKS! GO BLUES!
Blue&Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #53
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I have to go with Wisconsin on this. We struggle against the run. Clemson ran the ball at times, Arkansas carved us up with some big runs. Wisconsin is much bigger, stronger, and better at OL and RB than either of those teams. If they control the clock and grind it out, I think they win a close one. Not what my heart says but I doubt our ability to stop a strong ground game.

Wisconsin 24
USC - 21
People keep mentioning that Arkansas carved us up with their run game. Does anyone remember that game?

Arky didn't start gaining any yards until the late 3rd and 4th quarter. By which point we were already up big. And we still won 52-7. When our starters were in the game, we shut that system down.

Is Wisconsin more talented? Yes. Has our defense improved dramatically since those early season games? Yes.

They will get some yards, but we will win this game.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #54
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
Right now, I would say Wisc wins 24-17. The fans do not seem to care about the bowl game, so why should the players, but I hope I am wrong.

The ultimate cop out. Fans don't care so why should we?

First off that is false, 95% of the fans are excited to be in the cap 1 bowl and the players are excited to be playing in it as well as SOS

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #55
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdsrip View Post
Just fyi Wisconsin hasn't lost a game by more than 7 points since Oct 2010. One thing this UW team knows how to do is battle until the end. They simply don't get blown out. It is crazy how one turd of a game changes a teams perception. Before we crapped the bed against PSU UW was considered a clear-cut top 10 team despite their ridiculous ranking who would give anyone outside of Bama or FSU all they can handle. Now everyone is pissed off about their 'crappy' bowl matchup against another 'weak B1G team'. I think UW is going to be pissed off and out to send a message. UW 35-USC 21
Nice to see you bud, glad you internet is working under the 10 ft of snow. We play football, real football down here. So i hope to see you around after the game to discuss.

SC 34

WI 21
Old 12-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #56
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

SC 31
UW 21

Badgers will drop 4 straight bowl games!
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #57
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2355
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

With the way our O controls the clock and how much Wis runs the ball, I don't think either team scores more than 25...close though...24-20 USC.
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #58
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

This could very well be the fastest football game we have played in a long time. We just need to make the most out of our chances when we have the ball. They will chew some clock up.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #59
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt4Gov View Post
Final Score of that Game?

Have faith!
Yes but Wisconsin is a LOT better than Arkansas - better OL, RBs, and QB. I think they will do more than just move the ball. I'm expecting a close game in the 20s. TOs may be the key to the game but I don't think either team will blow out the other.

I worry about our run defense as this will be the best running team we've faced all year.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #60
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
People keep mentioning that Arkansas carved us up with their run game. Does anyone remember that game?

Arky didn't start gaining any yards until the late 3rd and 4th quarter. By which point we were already up big. And we still won 52-7. When our starters were in the game, we shut that system down.

Is Wisconsin more talented? Yes. Has our defense improved dramatically since those early season games? Yes.

They will get some yards, but we will win this game.
I'll say it again. Wisconsin has a better QB, OL, and RBs than Arkansas. Arkansas couldn't throw the ball to save their lives. Stave can. Granted, they are not a great passing offense but Stave has some decent numbers.

I just think this game will be closer than the blowout some are suggesting. I think they are nuts for even thinking that. Unlike some people, I like our bowl matchup. I think this will be a good game to watch.