CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
HelleraisingCock
SAETerrier
GamecockStud
bigdog2003
gamecock88
roosterdude21
JerseyBird
Larenz Bryant update (1468)
Joeckel Transfering (812)
UK's Whitlow to tran (618)
2016 - Greg Little (573)
Bamberg High School (406)
response from charte (402)
Victor Hampton Arres (382)
What type of snake i (339)
Wu Tang affiliated r (326)
13 Vintage Internet (182)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Joeckel Transfering from
Attendance next season
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
The case for Clowney at #
A'ja Wilson
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Victor Hampton Arrested
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Where will we be preseaso

Old 12-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #161
GSC2013
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
GSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his comb
Default Re: Clowney ticketed ... 110 in a 70

So....even at 84 mph...Boyd cant outrun Clowney
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #162
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
SIAP, dash cam of Clowney getting pulled over.

Looks like the actual stop was handled well by all parties
Old 12-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #163
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

I can't believe the amount of coverage this has received.

I just opened my ESPN app on the Roku, and there is a whole standalone video segment on this traffic stop.

Ridiculous.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #164
highstick
Walk On

Male

highstick is learning to peck

And he already has some points...He's gonna be bumping up against the limit...maybe take the class to get rid of some points???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashies_AC30 View Post
If you don't have enough points to spare or you have a combination of certain traffic offenses within the last 10 years. It's kinda complicated.
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #165
highstick
Walk On

Male

Absolutely...after every home game for mucho years!!! Interesting though about "classes not being an option"...I didn't know that.

In the "days of yore", the officer would have never caught him cause the Chrysler would have had a Hemi under the hood and "no Ford or Chevy" would have ever touched him! I sat in the car of a Maryland State trooper one night as they chased "my armed robbers" down on I-95, then on 495 around DC.The Maryland State Police could not stay up with him(the robbers were driving a Pontiac Bonneville)..A Montgomery County Deputy finally ran him off the exit at Georgia Avenue with his Hemi Dodge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
We have all done at least 85 after a night game in Columbia.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #166
highstick
Walk On

Male

The fellow he bumped was a year behind me in my high school. He was not gonna back down no matter who was driving the car behind him...

Let's just say the two of us and Melvin Ingram came from the same "place"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Kyle Busch got popped just outside Charlotte a couple years ago. Was going 120 in a 45 I think. No jail time.

Years ago, Richard Petty bumped a car on the interstate because it was driving too slow. He was running for Sec. of State or something at the time. No jail time for The King either.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #167
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

scunyon has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to scunyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick View Post
And he already has some points...He's gonna be bumping up against the limit...maybe take the class to get rid of some points???

You can only take that class once every 3 years and if he's already taken it, he's gonna have to suck this one up. Nothing happens until January 9th, and he may get it reduced but it won't be Not Guiltied.
scunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #168
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post

The Trooper is usally very professional on his stops unless you run from him or act like an ass.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #169
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Who did the officer call to say he had "Clowney pulled over" & what kind of emblem is that on the back left side Clowney's car?
Old 12-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #170
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunyon View Post
The Trooper is usally very professional on his stops unless you run from him or act like an ass.
Normally, but the same cannot always be said for high profile athletes/celebs
Old 12-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #171
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
107.5 reported Boyd was also pulled this weekend for speeding! What a coincidence...but still not newsworthy.

Exactly! Taternet is blowing up about this, but one of their own gets pulled over for the same offense and they don't talk about it. Tater logic I guess.

MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #172
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

Quote:
Normally, but the same cannot always be said for high profile athletes/celebs

This is true. I've stopped some very arrogant "somebodies" and they pay my salary, gonna have me fired or sue me. I'm still waiting...

Nothing worse than, "do you know who I am???" Umm, no, but when I get your license I will. And I can assure you that you will know who I am because my name will be on the ticket.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #173
TAFC 5 1981
4-Star

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Exactly! Taternet is blowing up about this, but one of their own gets pulled over for the same offense and they don't talk about it. Tater logic I guess.

We can't even speed as good as y'all anymore.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #174
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick View Post
Absolutely...after every home game for mucho years!!! Interesting though about "classes not being an option"...I didn't know that.

In the "days of yore", the officer would have never caught him cause the Chrysler would have had a Hemi under the hood and "no Ford or Chevy" would have ever touched him! I sat in the car of a Maryland State trooper one night as they chased "my armed robbers" down on I-95, then on 495 around DC.The Maryland State Police could not stay up with him(the robbers were driving a Pontiac Bonneville)..A Montgomery County Deputy finally ran him off the exit at Georgia Avenue with his Hemi Dodge!

If he was driving a Crown Vic, hell no he wasn't going to catch them! The Crown Vic was just short of a bullet proof tank that didn't have enough brakes or motor (both of which could've been easily remedied).

These days, I wouldn't take a chance trying to run from one of those new Caprices (Chevy badged Pontiac G8) or a Charger (2014 models now come with a big brake kit - 14" rotors up front) so they stop much better now. The Caprice will stomp a Charger up to 155 (personally witnessed this). But when Chevy stopped making the previous generation Camaro B4C, they killed an icon on roadways. That Camaro was a monster and would hit north of 165 with pedal to spare.

Ahhh, but I digress...
Old 12-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #175
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunyon View Post
If he was driving a Crown Vic, hell no he wasn't going to catch them! The Crown Vic was just short of a bullet proof tank that didn't have enough brakes or motor (both of which could've been easily remedied).

These days, I wouldn't take a chance trying to run from one of those new Caprices (Chevy badged Pontiac G8) or a Charger (2014 models now come with a big brake kit - 14" rotors up front) so they stop much better now. The Caprice will stomp a Charger up to 155 (personally witnessed this). But when Chevy stopped making the previous generation Camaro B4C, they killed an icon on roadways. That Camaro was a monster and would hit north of 165 with pedal to spare.

Ahhh, but I digress...
Yep, a trooper relative of mine drove one of those on the "interstate" patrol... He wasnt sure how fast he was going but he glanced at the speed a mile or so before he lost it and was at something like 162 and was still accelerating but was scared to take his eyes off the road again. Said that the last thing he remembers before waking up in the hospital a few days later was the front end got "twitchy". He was chasing a guy on a crotch rocket. He's got pics of the car after the wreck in his home office, about the only piece of sheet metal that is still recognizable is the driver door. He gave it (the replacement camaro) up to a newer trooper and got back in a crown Vic shortly after recovering.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:05 AM   #176
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
wtf was that cop doing 150 the whole time? lol
Old 12-11-2013, 03:07 AM   #177
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

You know that cop was thinking the whole time he had that liscense.. oh shit thats Jadeveon Clowney lol
Old 12-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #178
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
wtf was that cop doing 150 the whole time? lol
Notice I said the stop...didnt refer to the "pursuit"
Old 12-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #179
palmettosc
Recruit

Male

palmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Does that make it "coot" logic to not acknowledge the vast difference between 14 over and 40 over?
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #180
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Clowney will not be suspended over this. Why should he? Had they taken him to jail over it, then maybe. However, he was issued a citation and sent on his way. No reason to suspend.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote