CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
SAETerrier
HelleraisingCock
gamecock88
roosterdude21
JerseyBird
GamecockStud
bigdog2003
Larenz Bryant update (1468)
Joeckel Transfering (812)
UK's Whitlow to tran (618)
2016 - Greg Little (573)
Bamberg High School (406)
response from charte (402)
Victor Hampton Arres (382)
What type of snake i (339)
Wu Tang affiliated r (326)
13 Vintage Internet (182)
Attendance next season
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
The case for Clowney at #
A'ja Wilson
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Victor Hampton Arrested
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Where will we be preseaso
Aggie Spring Depth Chart
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Old 12-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #21
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who did the trooper call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
Maybe he was calling his supervisor to see if he would get fired like the cop who pulled over Dabo.
Welcome back
Old 12-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #22
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasmark View Post
Ghostbusters?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #23
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todescock View Post
Equipment was VERY faulty, there is no way that trooper was going 140 mph, look at how fast he was going in reference to the other cars, he should be going double the speed of the others cars and I promise you he is not. When he's supposably going 110 other cars are passing him.
Absurd that you think you can tell how fast a car is going based on a dashboard camera and he obviously slowed down when he saw the blue lights and the fact it took the officer 3 miles to catch him. I promise you could not tell how fast I was going in the videos taken from the inside of my vette, for that matter you could not come close to telling how fast the Blackhawk or the CH-47 Chinook was going while filming from the inside I have taken on numerous occasions, it is impossible.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #24
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Absurd that you think you can tell how fast a car is going based on a dashboard camera and he obviously slowed down when he saw the blue lights and the fact it took the officer 3 miles to catch him. I promise you could not tell how fast I was going in the videos taken from the inside of my vette, for that matter you could not come close to telling how fast the Blackhawk or the CH-47 Chinook was going while filming from the inside I have taken on numerous occasions, it is impossible.
He was referring to how fast the police car was going, not clowney...the police cam has a speed readout that shows how fast the police car is going, at one point he hit 142
Old 12-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #25
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 0
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Could someone do a video with the thread title in place of "What does the fox say"?
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #26
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Could someone do a video with the thread title in place of "What does the fox say"?
Lol...have the same thought every time I see the thread title for some reason
Old 12-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #27
ScottK
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
ScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunyon View Post
The temperature is from the video vault in the trunk, just like the volt reading for electrical system (somewhere between 13.0 to 13.9).

And I can assure you he was running 141mph. The video doesn't really show it but he is. Much in the way that you can't hear the siren. If you don't believe it, I can show you some videos of mine where I've gotten my Tahoe topped out at 140mph and it doesn't "seem" like it. But the speedometer, gps and radar all said 140 so that's what I'll go

A Tahoe can go 140?!
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #28
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
Maybe he was calling his supervisor to see if he would get fired like the cop who pulled over Dabo.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #29
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
A Tahoe can go 140?!
That was my first thought. Apparently the police ones can. How is beyond me w 320 hp at 6k pounds with the aerodynamics of a brick. Theyre crazy slow accelerating though so it must be tall gearing.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #30
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

scunyon has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to scunyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Careless operation doesn't even carry any points. Hell, I've been pulled over doing 105 entering NC and got a verbal warning.
Careless operation is a trap. You may not get any points against your license but it does go against your insurance points. Insurance companies got wise to the coppers hitting you with a high fine but no points and they didn't want to be left out.

You get stopped in a speed trap and they offer you careless operation, take the speeding ticket. It'll save you in the long run.
scunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #31
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

scunyon has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to scunyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
A Tahoe can go 140?!
Yep, sure can.

There are two Tahoe police packages:

The PPV (like mine, 2011) is lowered, stiffer suspension, wider track and a 6 speed automatic with a manual shift mode. It will still pull at 140 but the electronic nannies kill the fun.

The SSV is the 4x4 that is pretty much a base Tahoe with upgraded cooling systems, high output alternators and such. Not fleet of foot in the least but good when used as they were designed to be.

It is a funny feeling to be in a 5900lb truck running that fast, but you get used to it.

The new 2015 redesign (pretty fugly IMHO) will offer the 4x4 in the PPV.
scunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #32
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Thank God it was the highway patrol and a routine citation. Columbia PD would have had half the force out there, the dogs, passengers cuffed and spread eagle on the ground, sobriety tests, car search, etc.

Like I said in the other thread, thank God no drugs and alcohol involved. Officer was very polite.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #33
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunyon View Post
Not everyone slows down and had JC continued at 110, he wouldn't have ever been caught if the Trooper was only doing 110. And I would think the bigger threat is the one who isn't trained in driving well over the speed limit.
I've seen Police driving and shooting training, that's not saying much, if anything at all. I can guarantee you 40% of the population is just as good of a driver, and statistically 70% are better shots.
If it wasn't JC and wasn't a speeding violation, would going 140 to catch a child molester/murderer/rapist be ok?
No it wouldn't. You essentially double the number of people in danger on a highway during high speed "catch-ups" if you will.

Essentially, JD can't outrun Motorola. It's never "OK" for you to willingly put someone in danger trying to stop someone else from putting someone in danger. Murphy will kill you all in those situations.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote