CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Cockypantherfan
roosterdude21
F4rpoole
Spur's Addiction
2000grad
Roosterdog
sporkgod50
i29gman
COCKDIESEL
Regalcock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1513)
The #AskEmmert Q& (473)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (197)
Peach Bowl name retu (187)
Construction of Worl (152)
Save Electricity By (136)
Stadium Ratings-Site (108)
HELP calculating acr (101)
How Experienced In P (55)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2015 - Davon Durant
Victor Hampton Arrested
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Amazon Fire TV
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 12-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Ticket sales going well?

Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for our side? I'm just curious because gamecocksonline.com has one of the main articles as, "Top 14 Reasons to go to the 2014 Capital One Bowl."

This makes me think sales aren't going very well on our end. I hope it's not a case of fans not buying tickets just because they're unhappy about which bowl we're in. I know if I could afford to go, I certainly would.

So if you're in a position to go (financially and availability), please go and support our gamecocks and prove we are the best fans in the country.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Ticket sales going well?

Bump, I'm curious as well.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for our side? I'm just curious because gamecocksonline.com has one of the main articles as, "Top 14 Reasons to go to the 2014 Capital One Bowl."

This makes me think sales aren't going very well on our end. I hope it's not a case of fans not buying tickets just because they're unhappy about which bowl we're in. I know if I could afford to go, I certainly would.

So if you're in a position to go (financially and availability), please go and support our gamecocks and prove we are the best fans in the country.
You need to go down there and support the gamecocks.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I would really like to but I'm not part of the GC so from what I understand, I'm not eligible to buy them from the school at this point.

I may end up buying them on Stub Hub or Ticket master if I end up going.

I really want to but we will have to see...

Go Gamecocks! Beat Wisconsin!
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I would really like to but I'm not part of the GC so from what I understand, I'm not eligible to buy them from the school at this point.

I may end up buying them on Stub Hub or Ticket master if I end up going.

I really want to but we will have to see...

Go Gamecocks! Beat Wisconsin!
Go through ticketmaster... You will get to select exactly where you want to sit.. That is what I did Monday Morning.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #6
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
Tony is sharpening his clawsTony is sharpening his clawsTony is sharpening his clawsTony is sharpening his claws

Looks like cheap tickets are available on ticketmaster etc for $40-$45 in corners of upper decks. Thinking me and the wife could make the trip with 2 nites motel within walking distance of stadium, tickets, gas and meals for $500. Not bad, thinking about doing it.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #7
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

We may get some info on this tomorrow. Today was the last day for GC members to submit their bowl ticket request.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Looks like cheap tickets are available on ticketmaster etc for $40-$45 in corners of upper decks. Thinking me and the wife could make the trip with 2 nites motel within walking distance of stadium, tickets, gas and meals for $500. Not bad, thinking about doing it.
The stadium is not in a good area of town....do not stay at a hotel within walking distance from the stadium. I am being very serious.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
The stadium is not in a good area of town....do not stay at a hotel within walking distance from the stadium. I am being very serious.
True... There are plenty of good areas around I-4(Alamonte Springs/Lake Brantley area)... Once you get closer to downtown, you might as well keep going until you get to the Sea World/ Universal area.. Which is about 7-8 miles past the Stadium( down I-4)... Lots of good places to stay there.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #10
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Go through ticketmaster... You will get to select exactly where you want to sit.. That is what I did Monday Morning.
You realize that we do not get credit for that sale, right?

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #11
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
You realize that we do not get credit for that sale, right?
I'd rather not sit in the end zone...and that is exactly where the GC would put me... I have not got tickets through the GC for bowl games since Shreveport...

FWIW: the bowl people know the deal, they know how many people we actually bring..
Old 12-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #12
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

Don't worry about ticket prices or whether or not you can buy from the school. There will be dirt cheap tickets outside the stadium before kickoff. There are always too many tickets floating around. We couldn't even GIVE our extras away in 2012.

Class of 2013
12+4=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #13
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
True... There are plenty of good areas around I-4(Alamonte Springs/Lake Brantley area)... Once you get closer to downtown, you might as well keep going until you get to the Sea World/ Universal area.. Which is about 7-8 miles past the Stadium( down I-4)... Lots of good places to stay there.
How do you know about the Lake Brantley area? Curious because I'm a Brantley alumnus
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #14
randyh3253
4-Star

Male

randyh3253 is developing his combrandyh3253 is developing his combrandyh3253 is developing his combrandyh3253 is developing his combrandyh3253 is developing his combrandyh3253 is developing his combrandyh3253 is developing his combrandyh3253 is developing his combrandyh3253 is developing his comb

I bought mine Monday from Ticket City (I use them since there a US Airways Dividend Miles partner and I get double the miles on my credit card)...been burned by the Gamecock club one to many times. I received them in the mail today. There awesome, there not regular tickets, there plastic in the size and shape of a capital one credit card and look just like a credit card minus the raised letters.
randyh3253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #15
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

This is starting to feel like LSU last year.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #16
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I read that Gamecocks Online tweeted that they receieved 2,500 requests on the first day. It will be opened up to Non Gamecock Club Members probably as soon as today due to the period for Gamecock Club request already being over. I really hope our fans don't let their disappointment in a bowl game that most are viewing as one of the better of the bowl season keep them from making the trip.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #17
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Just saw where they are going to open it up to Non-Gamecock Club members at 8:30 this morning.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #18
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
How do you know about the Lake Brantley area? Curious because I'm a Brantley alumnus
Patrick played his HS ball there.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #19
3MTA3
Starter

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post

Just another fan assuming the worst based on something they read.

Color me shocked.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #20
cocked&ready2rock
Recruit

Male

cocked&ready2rock has hatched from the shell

If you are worried about ticket prices buy them at the stadium before the game. We have done this for years. You can buy them for half what you can buy tickets for a home game. We bought four tickets and ended up throwing two away last time there just to get the seats where we wanted them. Bought four on the 40 great seats for $60.00 total. Tickets will be everywhere. Worse that a SC State game at the brice.
cocked&ready2rock is offline   Reply With Quote