CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
b381l
spareparts
Spurticus
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8482)
Sindarius Thornwell (923)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (610)
Best Child Acting Pe (573)
Well gameday just go (465)
Happy Birthday, Coac (415)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (378)
Your most famous twi (279)
South Carolina @ Aub (243)
Unsung Hero (233)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Burger Kings angry whoppe
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu

Old 12-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #141
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb
Default Re: Ahmad Christian is Transferring

Best wishes to Ahmad Christian...
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #142
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodCocky View Post
Sounds like your as much of a Gamecock as Ahmad is! Maybe both of you should move further north and dress in Orange! No such thing as once a Gamecock always a Gamecock! If you don't want to be a Gamecock - get the hell out!

Way to be classy, the guy wants to be closer to home to be near his sick mother.....Good luck Ahmad and nothing but the best for your future!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #143
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Good luck to Ahmad. Best wishes in your new venture and thanks for your time here. We will miss you!

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #144
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Way to be classy, the guy wants to be closer to home to be near his sick mother.....Good luck Ahmad and nothing but the best for your future!
I agree he shouldn't be like that to Ahmad.
But isn't he from Jacksonville, FL? (Or did he move?)

If that's the case Cola is closer

Good luck to the young man.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #145
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I agree he shouldn't be like that to Ahmad.
But isn't he from Jacksonville, FL? (Or did he move?)

If that's the case Cola is closer

Good luck to the young man.
Cola is closer than him moving to be closer to home?
Old 12-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #146
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Cola is closer than him moving to be closer to home?
He's from Jacksonville, FL, right?
He's transferring to Coastal Carolina, right?
(Unless I've misunderstood this whole thread)

Cola is closer to Jacksonville than Conway is.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #147
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
He's from Jacksonville, FL, right?
He's transferring to Coastal Carolina, right?
(Unless I've misunderstood this whole thread)

Cola is closer to Jacksonville than Conway is.
No he is not transferring to Coastal according to him he has decided to move somewhere closer to home to be closer to his ailing mother, do not think the destination has been determined at this point according to the report I read this morning and the talking heads on the radio.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #148
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Can never get mad at someone for wanting to take care of their family, best wishes Ahmad. Hope everything turns out ok for your mother
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #149
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
North was more lucky than good on that catch.....the fact the ball was in perfect position and the only place the catch could happen was almost impossible.
I was more disturbed about Clowney stunting instead of his signature fly around the corner and force the qb to step up into Quarles waiting arms. Clowney didn't do squat on the stunts this year.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #150
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Good to luck to Ahmad handling what he's got to handle. Dealing with ailing family members is rough.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #151
Willy B.
Walk On

Male

Willy B. has feathers coming inWilly B. has feathers coming inWilly B. has feathers coming in

If it's true Ahmad's got a sick mom to look after then that's completely understandable and way to make me feel like a reactionary asshole. But I'm not losing anybody's money over calling how I see it. This ain't Wall Street.

However, basically saying "Imma flex $240 mil in the Bigs - peace football teammates coaches and fans!" isn't something a committed Gamecock would drop on you, especially via twitter. That comes across as just waving big numbers around on the internet to get his followers' (see: girls) attention while throwing Carolina on the backburner.

I stand by my opinion that his body of work was subpar if not detrimental at times. He was good for the UT season-derailer, 2 UGA touchdowns, including the one to Scott-Wesley that put them up 41 to 30 IIRC. I understand he's a young player, but those are the raw painful facts. Bottom line is they made the plays and he didn't. The dreadful offense is what cost us most in Knoxville though, so it's not all on Christian.

Also, if he isn't transferring to Coastal, why bail before the bowl game? Again it comes off as uncommitted.

I hope you can understand my anger when news breaks that a player who had big plays dropped on his side in both our two losses has decided to quit the team before the last game of the season. I am emotionally reserved in almost every aspect of my life except for Carolina football, and by God I could have kicked a hole through a Guantanamo wall on that Tennessee afternoon.
Willy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #152
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy B. View Post
If it's true Ahmad's got a sick mom to look after then that's completely understandable and way to make me feel like a reactionary asshole. But I'm not losing anybody's money over calling how I see it. This ain't Wall Street.

However, basically saying "Imma flex $240 mil in the Bigs - peace football teammates coaches and fans!" isn't something a committed Gamecock would drop on you, especially via twitter. That comes across as just waving big numbers around on the internet to get his followers' (see: girls) attention while throwing Carolina on the backburner.

I stand by my opinion that his body of work was subpar if not detrimental at times. He was good for the UT season-derailer, 2 UGA touchdowns, including the one to Scott-Wesley that put them up 41 to 30 IIRC. I understand he's a young player, but those are the raw painful facts. Bottom line is they made the plays and he didn't. The dreadful offense is what cost us most in Knoxville though, so it's not all on Christian.

Also, if he isn't transferring to Coastal, why bail before the bowl game? Again it comes off as uncommitted.

I hope you can understand my anger when news breaks that a player who had big plays dropped on his side in both our two losses has decided to quit the team before the last game of the season. I am emotionally reserved in almost every aspect of my life except for Carolina football, and by God I could have kicked a hole through a Guantanamo wall on that Tennessee afternoon.
I still blame conservative, predictable offensive play-calling for that loss. We only need 1 stinking first down to win that game, so we try to run for it twice when they defense knows we are likely to do that to eat up clock. So then, we get in third and long obvious passing down that they were ready for and not convert. Face it, was a complete team loss.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #153
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I still blame conservative, predictable offensive play-calling for that loss. We only need 1 stinking first down to win that game, so we try to run for it twice when they defense knows we are likely to do that to eat up clock. So then, we get in third and long obvious passing down that they were ready for and not convert. Face it, was a complete team loss.
this would have been a perfect time to throw to a TE....the only problem I had with this year's passing game is that the TE's didn't get nearly enough catches for my liking not with the talent we had at the position.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #154
sosfan812
Blue Chip

Male

sosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Good to luck to Ahmad handling what he's got to handle. Dealing with ailing family members is rough.
If this is the reason he is leaving then yes he is doing the right thing however, why the text about baseball? He appears to think he has better shot at big money with it and not football but unfortunately for him our school has the top program in college baseball and this years team is loaded top to bottom with talent.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #155
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

he was just comment on Robinson Cano's ridiculous contract. Baseball is the way to go if you could make it in both. It is guaranteed contracts not like NFL where you are screwed if you get cut.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #156
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
If this is the reason he is leaving then yes he is doing the right thing however, why the text about baseball? He appears to think he has better shot at big money with it and not football but unfortunately for him our school has the top program in college baseball and this years team is loaded top to bottom with talent.
Is he planning on going pro? Because, though he is young, he is not looking like a NFL prospect. At least in baseball he has a decent chance at a career in the minors. Spring is coming, might as well start prepping to play while takes care of his mom.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #157
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

I find this entire transfer strange. If he doesn't want to be a Gamecock, then just say you don't. Stop sugar coating everything.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #158
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Has anyone stopped to think that by him leaving now, it's gives the coaches that much more valuable time to find another recruit?

I wish him the best.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #159
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Has anyone stopped to think that by him leaving now, it's gives the coaches that much more valuable time to find another recruit?

I wish him the best.
No by him leaving now, it gives us no ample time to do anything but realize we lost a player in the bowl game.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #160
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
I find this entire transfer strange. If he doesn't want to be a Gamecock, then just say you don't. Stop sugar coating everything.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote