CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
bigdog2003
spareparts
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4284)
Cunningham wants to (1089)
ESPN article on Clow (640)
Clemson Georgia Game (618)
Horseshoes has been (442)
Fumble party (343)
1964 World’s Fair (232)
New Led Zep releases (129)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (125)
Truly Inspiring (102)
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 12-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #41
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shanahan out at Washington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
The funny thing is neither Cowgirls nor Redskins would trade owners LOL. The one thing we all can agree on is that we want our overbearing, know it all, my way or the highway, owners GONE!
Beg to differ. On DC sports talk all the callers or radio host tend to say about Snyder is how much they hate him and want him to sell the team. Many way the team won't succeed until he is gone.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #42
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Beg to differ. On DC sports talk all the callers or radio host tend to say about Snyder is how much they hate him and want him to sell the team. Many way the team won't succeed until he is gone.
I said we want him gone, as Cowgirls want Jones gone.

The first sentence was that Cowgirls wouldn't trade Jones for Snyder and Redskins wouldn't trade Snyder for Jones.
USCBatgirl21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #43
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I said we want him gone, as Cowgirls want Jones gone.

The first sentence was that Cowgirls wouldn't trade Jones for Snyder and Redskins wouldn't trade Snyder for Jones.
My bad I thought you meant they didn't want to trade their owns for any owner out there.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #44
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

When he first bought the team I was so excited. Finally we had a smart aggressive businessman whom would spend whatever was needed to win. Instead we got a short jerry freakin jones who only hires people that say yes sir.... Anyone that thought the shanahan hire was a good one is crazier than a Lindsey twin at 5 points but Snyder has to make the damn splash hire.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #45
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

RGiii is terrible. Tried telling people. The running QBs always get shut down in their 2nd year. Or either try to develop into more of a pocket passer. Cam, kap, and Wilson. Turns out RGIII is having a harder time doing so. The NFL will always be a pocket passers league. Runners will have theyre couple of years. But will get shut down

The problrm is highschool coachs arent spending time developing passers anymore. Its a lot easier to put in the super fast kid and let him run wild on teams that are vastly undersized. Instead of trying to develop a kid into a good passer.

And thats the way college football is going. Since there isnt as many passing qbs to pick from many schools are doing what AU has done.

Which there isnt anything wrong with. But just doesnt translate well to NFL. Because uts certainly a passibg league now. Cant take what manning is doing seriously wheb jason cambel throws almost 400 yards. Really a slap in the face ti guys like Marino, Elway and others who would be throwing 6000 yards abd 60 tds in todays NFL.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #46
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

RG3 couldn't have went to a more horrible organization. Just think what he could be had he went elsewhere.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #47
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I will reserved judgement on RG3 until he gets a full offseason in which he is not vigorously rehabbing a knee injury.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #48
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Bruce Allen
George's son....he was a punter at Richmond....which I think is why the Redskins built their summer camp there......with Bruce's influence. He was also the GM with Tampa when Gruden won a Super Bowl there.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #49
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
Well, I would start there because their roster is pathetic. And work my way down. Fire em all. Blow it up and start over. I doubt Snyder's ego will let him do that but they have to do something to get draft picks this year and next.

I've always thought Snyder's approach was backwards. He likes to make big free agency acquisitions to try and field an all star team. You build through the draft and sign a key free agent here and there.
In theory this is correct....but Snyder has been so bad to work for, no self-respecting coach or GM would ever go there....and it's getting to the point where they are going to have a hard time bringing in decent talent.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #50
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
In theory this is correct....but Snyder has been so bad to work for, no self-respecting coach or GM would ever go there....and it's getting to the point where they are going to have a hard time bringing in decent talent.
I'm not a Redskins fan, but I don't see how anyone can like that man. He's run that franchise into the ground through tons and tons of bad decisions. He cannot grasp the fact that you can't build a successful NFL franchise through high-priced free agents (see Albert Haynesworth), and you can't give away two/three years of first round picks for one QB who may have still been around when you picked anyways.

They have so many needs all over that team that they may be bad for years, but they'll probably be bad anyways. They need tons of help on defense, have no game breaking WR, and RG3rd string has no bodies up front to protect him.

Sorry if something similar was posted, but I shared my thoughts nonetheless.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #51
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
RG3 couldn't have went to a more horrible organization. Just think what he could be had he went elsewhere.
The hidden problem is that Shanahan has made the offense much easier for him with only one read and throw....most NFL offenses are far more complicated and require their QB to make a number of reads and go through progressions on each play....RG3 is not anywhere close to being able to do that. This is also one of the reason's I think the tater QB from the upstate is going to struggle in a true pro offense. Don't forget, RG3 played at Baylor where they didn't run a pro offense so he is 3-4 years behind college teams that run pro style offenses like Kirk Cousins.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #52
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I don't what the deal is, I just feel for the kid.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #53
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I don't what the deal is, I just feel for the kid.
another big behind the scenes issue is that Snyder was overly partial to RG3 in a lot of ways and that pissed off Shanahan and a number of the players.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #54
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Well can you blame him? Last year as a rookie he took the Redskins to the playoffs and they ended their season with a 10-6 record. He has one bad year coming off a knee injury and Shanahan wants to throw him under the bus? Call me crazy but I'm with Daniel S. on this one.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #55
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
My coworker and I were joking at lunch. They call USC the coaches graveyard. I think Washington holds that honor now. I think Norv is the only one that got another NFL HC gig on that list.
Schottenheimer went on to coach the Chargers after he coached the Skins. Funnily enough, after he essentially replaced Norv as Skins head coach, Norv replaced him as Chargers head coach.

^required reading in the South
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #56
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 98700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
Schottenheimer went on to coach the Chargers after he coached the Skins. Funnily enough, after he essentially replaced Norv as Skins head coach, Norv replaced him as Chargers head coach.
Ahh. Maybe I had it backwards. I had thought Schot got fired from the chargers after a 14-2 season and Norv took over. Then Schot went to the Redskins. My bad.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #57
mpilot0705
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 315700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
RGiii is terrible. Tried telling people. The running QBs always get shut down in their 2nd year. Or either try to develop into more of a pocket passer. Cam, kap, and Wilson. Turns out RGIII is having a harder time doing so. The NFL will always be a pocket passers league. Runners will have theyre couple of years. But will get shut down

The problrm is highschool coachs arent spending time developing passers anymore. Its a lot easier to put in the super fast kid and let him run wild on teams that are vastly undersized. Instead of trying to develop a kid into a good passer.

And thats the way college football is going. Since there isnt as many passing qbs to pick from many schools are doing what AU has done.

Which there isnt anything wrong with. But just doesnt translate well to NFL. Because uts certainly a passibg league now. Cant take what manning is doing seriously wheb jason cambel throws almost 400 yards. Really a slap in the face ti guys like Marino, Elway and others who would be throwing 6000 yards abd 60 tds in todays NFL.
Part of the problem with the zone read type qb's is the rule changes put into effect this year. They were able to run free last year because if you hit them and they didn't have the ball it was a 15 yard penalty which made the defense hesitate. Now, if the QB goes into a zone read and meshes he is basically fair game until he pulls away. It's basically treated the same way as a roughing the passer. This has led to much more conservative calling of this type of scheme.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #58
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I blame Shanahan for possibly ruining Griffin's career playing him hurt and rushing him back.

It is clear Elway and Davis made Shanahan, not the other way around.
But if Briles goes to Baylor, does Chad Morris go to Baylor?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #59
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I blame Shanahan for possibly ruining Griffin's career playing him hurt and rushing him back.

What are you talking about? Shanahan tried to bench him last year when he was hurt and begged that he not start this year.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #60
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccall View Post
Don't get me wrong RG3 is having an awful year. But our defense is the one without excuses. We have all of our playmakers from last year (and more or less the exact same defense) and they are getting gashed.
I work in DC and live nearby and it's not RGIII that's the problem. I get all the analysis a Cowboy fan would want. I don't care for RGME and the Bravehearts at all, but I think you all fans are really looking at the wrong issue. The OL is horrendous and like you said the defense is not holding their own. But, the real issue is their owner and Shanahan. They don't get along at all and basically hate each other.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote