CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
usc1
SEC Network "Ta (1586)
Sunday college footb (511)
Ole Miss Projected R (510)
Early Pre-Season wom (498)
So who was the dude (488)
Kentucky Inmate Star (462)
Acock reviews the SE (457)
Get the SEC Network (433)
Tennessee hires Donn (426)
2001 vs Sandstorm (324)
2015 - Nyheim Hines
2001 vs Sandstorm
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Softball tops Georgia Sou
Does anyone have a link t
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
SEC Network "Take It
Name a Gamecock

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #1561
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb
Default Re: Recruiting Impressions

The way the '15 class is looking to shape out early is making my head spin with all the great prospects we are in the top for. The D recruits in that class could make for one hell of a defense in a few years time. I hope we can land fields,minka, and chalmers. Then keep blacksheir (sp) and key comes back to the good side. Those prospects right there would make me do the happy dance alone!! I know it's a long way away from signing day for them put I can hope right now......right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #1562
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Still a lot of work to do in the 14' class. Its hard for me to get into the upcoming years when I'm still worried about how we're going to finish the current class out.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #1563
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
The way the '15 class is looking to shape out early is making my head spin with all the great prospects we are in the top for. The D recruits in that class could make for one hell of a defense in a few years time. I hope we can land fields,minka, and chalmers. Then keep blacksheir (sp) and key comes back to the good side. Those prospects right there would make me do the happy dance alone!! I know it's a long way away from signing day for them put I can hope right now......right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To add to this I hope we hang on to Sherrod Pittman. He looks like a beast at LB.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #1564
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I just saw this on TBS, a Harmony WR Tristan Reaves has accepted a preferred walk-on opportunity at Carolina. Reported by the Orlando paper. Anybody know anything about him.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #1565
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Tristan is a two way player, wr/s., but is said to project as a te/hb in college. He also appears to be a two sport athlete, since he does track.

Last edited by carolinacoast; 12-12-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #1566
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
Tristan is a two way player, wr/s., but is said to project as a te/hb in college. He also appears to be a two sport athlete, since he does track.
that's a bunch of different positions....
Old 12-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #1567
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I was just watching some film of Lammons. He's faster than I thought he was, plus he's got that quick twitch like Ace had so he probably could get in on the return game too. Playing qb for his hs team so that could maybe help him playing cb at the next level. Hope we can get him along with Smith and Green.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #1568
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
that's a bunch of different positions....
Yes, and he said he can play lb and de. The Orlando Sentinel qualified him as playing in anonymity in outlying Osceala county. It sounds like USC is going to use him like they did that walkon from Florida they had not too long ago. His name escapes me now.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #1569
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Yes, and he said he can play lb and de. The Orlando Sentinel qualified him as playing in anonymity in outlying Osceala county. It sounds like USC is going to use him like they did that walkon from Florida they had not too long ago. His name escapes me now.
Patrick Dimarco
Old 12-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #1570
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

rrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spurs

Quote:
Patrick DiMarco was used in this manner but he was not a walk on. We were his only major offer though. At the time a lot of people said that he got a scholarship as a favor to his uncle, pro golfer Chris DiMarco, who is friends with the HBC. It's interesting to see how many "throw ins" have and are continuing to be big contributors...Clayton Stadnick, Dixon Jr., Nick Jones, Byron McKnight right off the top of my head

Last edited by rrsandersjr; 12-13-2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #1571
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
To add to this I hope we hang on to Sherrod Pittman. He looks like a beast at LB.
that's the one commit that I am worried about so far (since key deccomitted). I know UF could become a major player

Quote:

He sounds awesome, like a Melvin Ingram-ish athlete?
Old 12-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #1572
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

Drayton Arnold a QB from myrtle beach. Don't know if he has a thread but maybe someone to keep an eye on for maybe the 2016 class.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #1573
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

can we make a thread for the new preferred walk on, or do they not get threads since they aren't on scholly? The kid has a skillset that I think most people on the board would like to see and that would be most easily done through giving him a thread
Old 12-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #1574
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
can we make a thread for the new preferred walk on, or do they not get threads since they aren't on scholly? The kid has a skillset that I think most people on the board would like to see and that would be most easily done through giving him a thread
You can start threads on your own, doesn't have to be scholarship offers.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #1575
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

^he has a thread already, found it yesterday.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #1576
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Ben Demarest DE from Rock Hill just tweeted that he came back from a wrestling match to the good news that he's a Gamecock.

Preferred walkon? Anyone have any info?
Old 12-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #1577
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
^he has a thread already, found it yesterday.
Who are you talking about?
Old 12-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #1578
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

This dead period is going to feel like forever
Old 12-16-2013, 02:46 AM   #1579
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Always give Rock Hill guys a chance!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #1580
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
Patrick DiMarco was used in this manner but he was not a walk on. We were his only major offer though. At the time a lot of people said that he got a scholarship as a favor to his uncle, pro golfer Chris DiMarco, who is friends with the HBC. It's interesting to see how many "throw ins" have and are continuing to be big contributors...Clayton Stadnick, Dixon Jr., Nick Jones, Byron McKnight right off the top of my head
And now he is playing for the Falcons. Apparently it was the smartest nice thing that Spurrier has ever done, or DiMarco deserved more offers. Biggest problem for guys like DiMarco is that most colleges don't use fullbacks anymore. Back in the 90s he'd have been a highly recruited fullback.