CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
ccured
Thenardier
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1916)
Can Tennessee get to (1300)
ESPN Article on HBC (1074)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (863)
Spread vs. aTm (808)
2 Crazy things (805)
Lindy's top 100 for (763)
Chick Redefines the (742)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (637)
The Bama series (523)
Name a Gamecock
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Get it while it's hot
2 Crazy things
Playstation 4
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina

Old 12-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #161
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ahmad Christian is Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Stop being ridiculous. It's better we know now so that we can make preparations, try to use it as recruiting leverage for guys like Wesley Green and DJ Smith. Maybe float another offer out there. He did us a FAVOR. "Blindsiding?" Come on man, you say that like he is trying to hurt some one's feelings. It's laughable.
You have your opinion I have mine. I can tell you the Staff was not happy the way this was handled. If your cool with it good for you.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #162
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
No by him leaving now, it gives us no ample time to do anything but realize we lost a player in the bowl game.
No telling how long the coaches have known it was going to happen. If he left two days before the bowl, then yes, that would suck. But the coaches will have had three weeks to coach up the next guy and right now is a very important time on the recruiting trail.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #163
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
I was more disturbed about Clowney stunting instead of his signature fly around the corner and force the qb to step up into Quarles waiting arms. Clowney didn't do squat on the stunts this year.
I was bothered by the lack of safety help.....I don't recall seeing one near the reception.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #164
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
No telling how long the coaches have known it was going to happen. If he left two days before the bowl, then yes, that would suck. But the coaches will have had three weeks to coach up the next guy and right now is a very important time on the recruiting trail.
The coaches didn't know anything until he announced it.....they deserved better than that.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #165
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

lol posters on here knew before it was announced.

Hopefully the coaches were at least a little bit more aware than that?
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #166
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Maybe Ahmad should have called Russell Wilson. He could have told him how hard it is to make a living as a professional baseball player. I'm guessing that Wilson was a better baseball player at NCST than AC is now and RW got drafted. Remember RW went to college to play baseball first and football second.
Christian was drafted out of high school and how do you know when the coaches knew he might be or would be transferring?
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #167
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Christian was drafted out of high school and how do you know when the coaches knew he might be or would be transferring?
It has been reported the coaches didn't know anything until it was announced.

If he was drafted out of high school, why couldn't he make our team.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #168
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

b381 apparently knows everything . . . or so it seems

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #169
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
b381 apparently knows everything . . . or so it seems
I just know what I've read on several different sites which was reported by several different people.....maybe you should try to become better informed yourself.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #170
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I just know what I've read on several different sites which was reported by several different people.....maybe you should try to become better informed yourself.
So should you if you did not know he was drafted out of high school, amazing you know when the coaches knew he might or would transfer but did not know he was drafted by the Brewers out of high school... Not one article or site that I have visited concerning his transfer mentioned the coaches knowledge except to say the school has not publicly addressed his situation with the team.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #171
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
It has been reported the coaches didn't know anything until it was announced.

If he was drafted out of high school, why couldn't he make our team.
You also do not know that he did make our team, unless another Ahmad Christian had 6 at bats last year.

Sophomore cornerback who gained valuable experience last fall... listed with the second-team unit entering the fall...
did not participate in the spring as he is also a member of the South Carolina baseball team...
selected in the 46th round of the MLB Draft by the Milwaukee Brewers... may play both football and baseball at SC...

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...n_ahmad00.html
Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #172
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodCocky View Post
It has been reported on several sites ole classless one....
"South Carolina been fun but i have decided i want to be sumwhere closer to home thanks for all the support and ppl behind me love y'all," he tweeted.
You can google it yourself and read the articles or continue to be classless and show us proof the coaches did not know until he tweeted it or continue to post out your a$$...

Last edited by qcgamecock; 12-13-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #173
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
You have your opinion I have mine. I can tell you the Staff was not happy the way this was handled. If your cool with it good for you.
Yeah, well he probably wasn't happy with the coaches either otherwise he'd probably not be trying something else. So it goes. It's the nature of the beast. You just can't please everyone. Let it go.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #174
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
So should you if you did not know he was drafted out of high school, amazing you know when the coaches knew he might or would transfer but did not know he was drafted by the Brewers out of high school... Not one article or site that I have visited concerning his transfer mentioned the coaches knowledge except to say the school has not publicly addressed his situation with the team.
Ok great, he was drafted out of high school and he made the team. There have also been reports about Holbrook saying it was not likely that he would see considerable playing time on the baseball team this year. Everyone was pushing him to spend most of his time on football. He is a terrific athlete and had a bright future playing CB for us, probably including starting in 2014. What I took issue with your statement was that he, according to numerous sources, did not give the football coaches notice that he intended on leaving. I am not questioning his statements about taking care of his Mother.....that is very admirable of him. But if that's the case, why not tell the coaches about his desire to leave a month ago to allow them to prepare for the final part of the season. Not one coach would ever criticize him or not encourage him to do what he felt was best for his family. But just to drop this on them the day he announced his intentions to leave showed a serious lack of respect for his coaches and teammates and a lack of maturity. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #175
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ok great, he was drafted out of high school and he made the team. There have also been reports about Holbrook saying it was not likely that he would see considerable playing time on the baseball team this year. Everyone was pushing him to spend most of his time on football. He is a terrific athlete and had a bright future playing CB for us, probably including starting in 2014. What I took issue with your statement was that he, according to numerous sources, did not give the football coaches notice that he intended on leaving. I am not questioning his statements about taking care of his Mother.....that is very admirable of him. But if that's the case, why not tell the coaches about his desire to leave a month ago to allow them to prepare for the final part of the season. Not one coach would ever criticize him or not encourage him to do what he felt was best for his family. But just to drop this on them the day he announced his intentions to leave showed a serious lack of respect for his coaches and teammates and a lack of maturity. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.
Serious lack of respect and maturity? I don't know about that, seems like minor breach of etiquette to me. When he made the decision he probably got excited about it and wanted to tell people and didn't want to bother the coaches right way. I think some of y'all making a mountain out of a mole hill here.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:19 AM   #176
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Piss poor timing imo
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #177
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

I'd rather him leave now, than leave after the bowl game. All we need is another player not show up for the bowl by playing less than 100%.

Get the next guy in line and go from there.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #178
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
You took issue with my statement, what statement? Numerous sources, what sources? If he had told them a month ago and he might have for all I know it would have been nothing but a distraction, it is weeks before the bowl game, what could they have done with another few weeks to prepare? I get your point concerning the timing but without all he facts as it is clear we do not have them all considering the rumors and innuendo floating around about the reason he is leaving and his final destination the same could be said for those jumping to conclusions, putting words in Christians, the coaches and his teammates mouths.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #179
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You took issue with my statement, what statement? Numerous sources, what sources? If he had told them a month ago and he might have for all I know it would have been nothing but a distraction, it is weeks before the bowl game, what could they have done with another few weeks to prepare? I get your point concerning the timing but without all he facts as it is clear we do not have them all considering the rumors and innuendo floating around about the reason he is leaving and his final destination the same could be said for those jumping to conclusions, putting words in Christians, the coaches and his teammates mouths.
No he didn't tell them a month ago. The Staff member I spoke to very much confirmed they were all caught off guard. Why some of you need to continue to make excuses for a situation that was handled piss poor by the player is beyond me but that seems to be the way of the new generation. Always someone elses fault or always someone else to blame. We will move on and yes its his life and choice but that certainly doesn't mean the situation was handled properly.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #180
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

CockyCash: 500
JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Sucks to lose him but smart on his part to focus on one sport, even if it's not at SC.

I still wish the coaches had given him a longer look at punt returner this season. Impressive return skills based on his HS highlights.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote