CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
Regalcock
JerseyBird
COCKYWOOD
b381l
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8482)
Sindarius Thornwell (923)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (610)
Best Child Acting Pe (573)
Well gameday just go (465)
Happy Birthday, Coac (415)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (378)
Your most famous twi (279)
South Carolina @ Aub (243)
Unsung Hero (233)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Burger Kings angry whoppe
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu

Old 12-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #41
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

CockyCash: 500
SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Statues for Our Heroes

George Rogers

John Abraham

Brad Edwards

Ray Tanner

I couldn't have a Spurrier statue... I know it may sound selfish, but I couldn't have a statue of somebody who's career at another school overshadows ours.
SC Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #42
tdevildog1986
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1375
tdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scman View Post
I agree, for all of our wins the past few years, unfortunately we haven't "won" anything except a couple of bowl trophies.
However, a statue like this would be nice at the baseball stadium.
I agree with you. Especially the "dogpile", Wingo, JBJ, Tanner...Maybe a montage type thing with the dogpile and Carolina Stadium, the Blatt, and TD stadiums in front... If only I were an artist I could give a rendering. What I see in my mind looks good.
tdevildog1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #43
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

I wonder what will happen to that statue of Saban if he leaves Bama?
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #44
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
They change the b to a t.
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #45
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 3683
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

It would be way cooler if we created some sort of memorial for games that we win, especially crappy teams in our conference. Im thinking something cool like a graveyard.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #46
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemurraycock View Post
They change the b to a t.
And then smash it into a million pieces.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #47
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Great question. That's the reason you don't build statues of people unless they are really old or, even better, dead. Perceptions of people can change, and change dramatically. Who would have thought 5 years ago that Penn State would one day pull down the statue of Joe Paterno? What if USCw had built statues for all their Heisman trophy winners, including OJ and Reggie Bush? Awkward.

God bless young men like Michael Roth, Marcus Lattimore, and Connor Shaw. They were great players and ambassadors for the university. But they're all in their early 20's. They have a lot of life ahead of them. It would be rather premature to build statues of them, I think. I wonder if they would even feel comfortable about it.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #48
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

George Rogers
Steve Spurrier

This should be reserved for a very select few.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #49
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Nothing. They'll be butt hurt for a while, but soon realize how great of a coach he was and what he did for their program.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #50
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I'd rather see names and numbers enshrined on the inside of the stadium at this point in time.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #51
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
It would be way cooler if we created some sort of memorial for games that we win, especially crappy teams in our conference. Im thinking something cool like a graveyard.
We do have one just like that at the practice field. Spurrier put an end to adding to it though. Made it seem like all we wanted to be was the 'upsetter'.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #52
SanAntonioCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 111606
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Can you poison a statue?

Never forget the "y"
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #53
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

A statue is a special honor, more so than retiring a number. If Spurrier wins a NC, I could see that. But I don't think any recent player here deserves that honor.

Ray Tanner at the baseball stadium? Absolutely.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #54
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

CockyCash: 11271
GamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPit

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of statues until we at least win a championship
GamecockGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:00 AM   #55
brat
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

No sports statues. Passe.