CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
Lalli25
Acockolypse Now
bigdog2003
tigertime86
ertman420
JerseyBird
CoverTwo
Victor Hampton Arres (2051)
Diamond DeSheilds, U (927)
how has more ESPN an (739)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (546)
Gamecock Legacy recr (511)
Attendance next seas (424)
purchasing football (330)
Honeymoon recommenda (269)
$15 home AC (236)
Women's bb - Deshiel (206)
How to cut the mustard
A'ja Wilson
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Women's bb - Deshields to
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
boiled peanuts
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
purchasing football ticke

Old 12-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #61
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly
Default Re: I admit, I love Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post

LOL
X2
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #62
highstick
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
highstick is learning to peck

My nephew and family live in Janesville and one of my military buds is in Madison...He's not one of the liberals though!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #63
highstick
Walk On

Male

highstick is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Speaking of Russell Wilson, we kicked his ass pretty good when he was at NC State..

Hey.. I would love to buy a 12 pack of Spotted Cow from one of y'all.. Lmk!
And Russell is the one doing the laughing now...That was a tough game for me being an NC State grad and a Gamecock Club season ticket holder. I wore my NC State and Gamecock hats.
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #64
BadgerBadger
Walk On

Male

BadgerBadger has hatched from the shell

Badger posters who incessantly drag out Civil War crap to belittle fans of southern teams can all suck it. I travel quite a bit to the south on business and you folks are genuinely a pleasure to work and drink with. The smug sense of northern superiority drives me nuts - just wanted y'all to know we're not all self-absorbed douchebags.

That said, On Wisconsin.
BadgerBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #65
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerBadger View Post
Badger posters who incessantly drag out Civil War crap to belittle fans of southern teams can all suck it. I travel quite a bit to the south on business and you folks are genuinely a pleasure to work and drink with. The smug sense of northern superiority drives me nuts - just wanted y'all to know we're not all self-absorbed douchebags.

That said, On Wisconsin.
Works for me. good post. It should be an awesome game.
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #66
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:

That said, On Wisconsin.
The Civil War? Come on, we've done worse shit since then.
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #67
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Friend Bucky View Post
I'm in a bit of a unique situation. I grew up in SC, but went to UW for college.

People just have stereotypes of other regions of the country. People in South Carolina don't really have any idea what living in Wisconsin is like. Same goes for the other way around.

Not really a shocker. I have a very sarcastic personality, and I never felt awkward making sarcastic comments during my 4 years in school. Never heard that stereotype before.

Preconceptions exist like this really anywhere in the country.
ummm speak for yourself.....when you have family in Wisconsin that you talk to ALOT and go visit, then you have an idea what its like living up there
Old 12-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #68
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:

That said, On Wisconsin.
best post so far.....my family and i do a little ragging b/w north and south but nothing crazy

altho i will admit i have a cousin who is like 8 now, but was 3 when this happened, she would refer to us as hillbillies b/c she honestly just thought thats what everyone from the South was b/c of what she would see on tv and stuff like that, her parents would freak when she would say it but we all just laughed it off....now if a rando were to say that, im sure i would have some choice words back to them

slightly off topic but one thing i noticed when i would go up there.....you RERELY see import vehicles, everything up there either GM or Ford
Old 12-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #69
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Friend Bucky View Post
I think it's because most of the stereotypes about South Carolina are easier to make jokes about than Midwest stereotypes.
We got accents, ya'll don't.

We got all kinds of southern cooking that makes us obese and have clogged everything, ya'll just eat normal food like meat n taters.

Southerners do all kinda of stupid stuff and die all kinds of stupid ways at different ages, ya'll are just boring midwesterners and just die the normal ways.

Southerners have all these transplants with lots of money that make lots of wierd things like creating nice upscale neighborhoods that are built right next to trailer parks, midwesterners just stay the same 'cause southerners, west coasters/californians, texans, and yankees don't move to the midwest.

Lots of southerners have big heads, midwest has cheeseheads.

Southerners have lots of total idiots who drive....they do all kinds of stupid shat like change lanes at unpredictable times, speed up and slow down while not texting, think running red lights are ok as long as no one is coming, have lots and lots of wrecks for the dumbest reasons, & have total brain farts when driving in parking lots....and mid westerners? well they just drive fast and normal....remember, they have no accents or cultural identites...they're just there.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #70
BadgerBadger
Walk On

Male

BadgerBadger has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
The Civil War? Come on, we've done worse shit since then.
Like producing Reese Witherspoon and Dakota Fanning?
BadgerBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #71
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I don't really care what they do, as long as they stay the hell up there and don't move down here with their pasty white thighs, salty cars, and fried sauerkraut diets

Have fun at Bubba Gump's and Hyman's, and buying the palmetto t-shirts, and taking selfies on the Battery - and then go back home to your craterized hellhole cities and sieg heil at union meetings while you bitch about your union dues. I don't have a problem with you visiting but don't contact any real estate agents, don't pick up any pamphlets, don't touch any of those free real estate magazines with lists of properties, and for God's sake DO NOT call anyone you already know down here and spread the disease - stop the infection by TAKING I-26 NORTH when you're done VISITING.

At the VERY least the upper midwest has something going for it that the rust belt doesn't - the states are actually scenic - Wisconsin and Michigan especially - flat-out amazing - I've been to Apostle Islands and the Porcupine Mountains, the U.P. and Isle Royale - all are fantastic - but I CAME HOME.

There is only one reason why they call it the heartland - because everyone that lives there doesn't have any brains.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #72
Your Friend Bucky
Walk On

Male

Your Friend Bucky has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
ummm speak for yourself.....when you have family in Wisconsin that you talk to ALOT and go visit, then you have an idea what its like living up there

I lived there for 4 years
Your Friend Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #73
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't really care what they do, as long as they stay the hell up there and don't move down here with their pasty white thighs, salty cars, and fried sauerkraut diets

Have fun at Bubba Gump's and Hyman's, and buying the palmetto t-shirts, and taking selfies on the Battery - and then go back home to your craterized hellhole cities and sieg heil at union meetings while you bitch about your union dues. I don't have a problem with you visiting but don't contact any real estate agents, don't pick up any pamphlets, don't touch any of those free real estate magazines with lists of properties, and for God's sake DO NOT call anyone you already know down here and spread the disease - stop the infection by TAKING I-26 NORTH when you're done VISITING.

At the VERY least the upper midwest has something going for it that the rust belt doesn't - the states are actually scenic - Wisconsin and Michigan especially - flat-out amazing - I've been to Apostle Islands and the Porcupine Mountains, the U.P. and Isle Royale - all are fantastic - but I CAME HOME.

There is only one reason why they call it the heartland - because everyone that lives there doesn't have any brains.

Shit just got real.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #74
BigAppleBucky
Walk On

Male

BigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
We got accents, ya'll don't. . . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcQCtFlENA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaFevg1YEE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2CT3AS39ug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmikTwhNlDQ
BigAppleBucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #75
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Midwesterners have accents...
Old 12-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #76
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his comb

If we beat Wisconsin, do you guys feel like we will move up in the last polls or could we be jumped by a lower team beating a team higher than us?
Old 12-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #77
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Like producing Reese Witherspoon and Dakota Fanning?
Go to any tailgate in the SEC, and look at the scenery... You will quickly learn why we live here...
Old 12-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #78
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Damn bro, don't hold back! LMAO!
Old 12-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #79
zoobadger
Walk On

Male

zoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I'm a bigger fan of those kinda boards. Where if you aren't sharp they'll ridicule you.
And posters don't cry if they get proved wrong in a nasty way.

I don't venture over to any "team associated boards" (like being some random gamecock fan on Oklahoma's board) but will say one of my favorite's is the SEC rant that has spawned off Tiger Droppings. That place is hilarious and if you spew garbage you will get made fun of.

The Scout board - badgernation.com - is the primary Wisconsin forum. Badgernation has ten or even twenty times as many posts as buckyville. The signal to noise ratio is poor, but if you're a hard-core Badger fan like me, it's still a good source of inside information that isn't available anywhere else.

Buckyville is more of an alumni board. Less traffic and a an older demographic. Many of the regular posters on Buckyville are lawyers which blows both ways. They're articulate, clever, and insightful but they're also smug pricks a lot of the time. And not just to opposing fans, but to each other.

By and large, though, there's a lot less blather, stupidity, and ego-driven nonsense on buckyville than most college sports message boards.
zoobadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #80
zoobadger
Walk On

Male

zoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurszoobadger has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick View Post
My nephew and family live in Janesville and one of my military buds is in Madison...He's not one of the liberals though!
Paul Ryan is from Janesville. Wisconsin is pretty reliably blue in national elections but it's not as liberal as Illinois (I live in Chicago).
zoobadger is offline   Reply With Quote