CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
uscgamecocks88
MWard
Sindarius Thornwell (976)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (701)
Well gameday just go (500)
Happy Birthday, Coac (450)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (398)
Your most famous twi (331)
Unsung Hero (256)
South Carolina @ Aub (251)
Softball takes final (158)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (150)
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Season Rankings Thread...
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Connor Mitch

Old 12-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #61
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb
Default Re: USC - Wisc score prediction thread

I just can't get the Iowa game out of my head and it seems they have the same type team. Now I think we should beat them, but it will be close because both teams prefer to eat the clock away and play keep away. I'm hoping we win 31-20 so I might can relax the last few minutes of the game, but I'm expecting the game to be 23-21 USC with a late FG to win.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #62
DreadlockCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
DreadlockCock has earned his spursDreadlockCock has earned his spursDreadlockCock has earned his spursDreadlockCock has earned his spursDreadlockCock has earned his spursDreadlockCock has earned his spurs

These boards were terrible with negativity this season. A lot of fans here need some sort of testicular enhancement surgery in the offseason.
38 - 17 GAMECOCKS!!!
DreadlockCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #63
Bigdsrip
Walk On

Male

Bigdsrip has hatched from the shell

Out of curiosity how many here have actually seen Wisconsin play a full game this year? Don't confuse us with Nebraska and Michigan. We are a much MUCH better team than either of those fallen giants were, both of whom gave USC some trouble (obviously Mich more than Neb).

I have to say I find it interesting that so many on here are dismissing UW as an inferior program than USC, and that USC should be pissed at having to stoop to play a team of our level. Its comical really. You guys have 6 BCS games and 3 wins in the last 20 years? A Heisman winner and another finalist in the last 15 years? 3 straight conference titles in the last 4 years and 6 in the last 20?

I know I know, SEC! SEC! SEC! Bama, Aub, and Fla winning titles doesn't make me feel any type of way about USC. Does UW get credit for playing 4 of the top 8 winningest programs of all time each year? Of course not, those teams success has nothing to do with UW or how good or bad our program is. If any team should be disappointed in the quality of their opponent's program its Wisconsin. I think that is a ridiculous position to take, just like USC fans who are disappointed about playing Wisconsin.

This is a great match-up of two teams who are right on the cusp of ascending into the ranks of the elite. UW is going to come ready to play, I would expect the same of USC and the Ol' Ball Coach. We'll see how Anderson gets his boys ready to play in a bowl game. That was the single biggest complaint UW fans had about 2B's, he couldn't win the bowl/big games. Alvarez was great at preparing the team and we won most of them so it really sucked to see that rep lost.
Bigdsrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #64
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdsrip View Post
Out of curiosity how many here have actually seen Wisconsin play a full game this year? Don't confuse us with Nebraska and Michigan. We are a much MUCH better team than either of those fallen giants were, both of whom gave USC some trouble (obviously Mich more than Neb).

I have to say I find it interesting that so many on here are dismissing UW as an inferior program than USC, and that USC should be pissed at having to stoop to play a team of our level. Its comical really. You guys have 6 BCS games and 3 wins in the last 20 years? A Heisman winner and another finalist in the last 15 years? 3 straight conference titles in the last 4 years and 6 in the last 20?

I know I know, SEC! SEC! SEC! Bama, Aub, and Fla winning titles doesn't make me feel any type of way about USC. Does UW get credit for playing 4 of the top 8 winningest programs of all time each year? Of course not, those teams success has nothing to do with UW or how good or bad our program is. If any team should be disappointed in the quality of their opponent's program its Wisconsin. I think that is a ridiculous position to take, just like USC fans who are disappointed about playing Wisconsin.

This is a great match-up of two teams who are right on the cusp of ascending into the ranks of the elite. UW is going to come ready to play, I would expect the same of USC and the Ol' Ball Coach. We'll see how Anderson gets his boys ready to play in a bowl game. That was the single biggest complaint UW fans had about 2B's, he couldn't win the bowl/big games. Alvarez was great at preparing the team and we won most of them so it really sucked to see that rep lost.

I ask myself how bored would I have to be to create an account on a Wisconsin board and try and drum up respect for my Gamecocks. Hard to imagine that amount of boredom.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #65
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:

WTF do you expect? This is a gamecock board. Looking through the prediction thread over on buckyville y'all are doing the same shit.

Pot meet kettle.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #66
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:

you are on our fan board...we are not on yours...what do you really expect? How many USC games have you actually watched? Don't get all hurt by lack of respect as I would imagine if I was on wisconsin boards, the scores would be exactly the same in you team's favor. I am glad you are here, but posts like this are ridiculous especially the part about piggybacking off of the bigwigs in the conference. Without OSU, where would the Big 10 (or whatever it is called now) be in terms of conference prestige. Good luck in the game...it should be a good game.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #67
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar90 View Post
I just can't get the Iowa game out of my head and it seems they have the same type team. Now I think we should beat them, but it will be close because both teams prefer to eat the clock away and play keep away. I'm hoping we win 31-20 so I might can relax the last few minutes of the game, but I'm expecting the game to be 23-21 USC with a late FG to win.

There is one major difference though. Our program, and team, are lightyears ahead of where they were at that time. Half the team had already checked out basically.

Comparing 2008 to this years team is crazy talk.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #68
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Here are some great buckyville nuggets:

"Gordon and White each rush for ~150 and we win handily. Badgers 42-14."

" USC is certainly not an SEC team stocked with deep talent"

"Their RB, Davis, is a workhorse but lacks our RBs' big play ability. They have more receiving threats but no one like Abby. Their oline is average."

And then there are a whole lot of cock jokes (sooo original), talking down on USC ppl because we are from the south, and making fun of people saying y'all.

I don't understand why the badger fans feel the need to talk down to people from SC? WTF makes them so high and mighty? Talk about getting rubbed the wrong way (hand job jokes aside).
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #69
Bigdsrip
Walk On

Male

I post on other teams boards because I love the game of football. I love to get different perspectives from different regions, see what they are running and what is important to them. I guess I always just hope to find a fan base that shares my interest and doesn't need to act like 14 year olds, throwing out garbage like 'Wisconsin hasn't ever seen a line as big as ours!' (I mean come on). I want to talk about football, not engage in a bunch of stupid regional attacks or ridiculous biases.

I was/am especially looking forward to this match up as my cousins live in Greenville and I have spent many wonderful summer months in upstate.

I'm not going out on a limb with what I am saying. I am trying to bring the discussion back to tangible things, such as how UW has fared out of conference against top teams (pretty well, one blowout loss by a 7-6 UW team to FSU in the last 10 or years, almost every other game has been close or UW has dominated).

When everyone starts shouting SEC! SEC! B1G SUCKS, I say sure, but that has nothing to do with Wisconsin. We have not sucked. We do not lack talent. Our multiple draft picks and Pro-Bowlers that we produce every year back that up.

When fans say that 'UW hasn't seen speed' like their team has and THAT is where their edge will lay, we just roll our eyes and try to point out that that is what EVERY team says when they see they are playing UW. And it NEVER works out that way. The teams that beat us do so by executing better and by winning the battle along the lines. Not since 1997 has a team lined up and simply ran by us to the point that our schemes and execution didn't even matter. Can USC hit some back-breaking big plays and win? Absolutely. Except it won't be because UW just can't keep up, it will be because you guys executed the play better than we defensed it, someone ran a perfect route, made the tough block and sustained it, or a defender misread the fake and was a step out of position. If Oregon couldn't beat us down with speed, no one can. I don't think that is a provocative statement, just a reasonable observation.

I have no problem with people saying that Connor and The OBC will pick us apart through the air because that is your strength and the numbers and film back it up. But it is just dumb and unproductive to say that UW is going to be destroyed because we play in the B1G or to ignore the stats from this year or the recent past and just say, SEC=automatically better, because a bunch of other teams have won titles. Can it inform us of some imbalances in the stats? Of course, but it shouldn't completely invalidate them. That is especially true when the film backs up the assertion that UW is a pretty dang good team. We played the 2nd best team from another power conference well enough to beat them at their place if the refs don't have an epic brain fart (universally acknowledged as the deciding factor in that game I might add, not your typical bad call on a spot or interference). We dominated a decent BYU team who made all the five star speed on Texas look silly. The PSU game was an all timer of a stinker. Nothing went right. We had multiple defensive plays with less than 11 guys on the field. It has become clear that that is what a fair number of USC fans (but certainly not all) are expecting to face on Jan 1st and I am trying to say look a little deeper. That game was the extreme exception (much like UT for you guys, as many here have already pointed out), not the standard.

I have no problem with fans being confident, especially on their own board. I couldn't care less if you respect Wisconsin, but it is impossible to speak with fanatics (of which both teams are afflicted, plenty of UW fans are blind homers too). All I want to do is have a discussion with real measurable numbers as the evidence, not some vague regional bias. Isn't that what these boards are for?
Old 12-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #70
Your Friend Bucky
Walk On

Male

Your Friend Bucky has hatched from the shell

I'll predict

South Carolina - 27
Wisconsin - 21

Good luck! I expect an extremely competitive game.
Your Friend Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #71
Bigdsrip
Walk On

Male

nt

Last edited by Bigdsrip; 12-14-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Moved thread
Old 12-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #72
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 490
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

34-31 The real USC
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #73
CockyInTexas
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 675
CockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talons

17-10 Gamecocks

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

2014 Capital One Bowl Champions!

Thank you Connor!
CockyInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #74
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Should be interesting to see how they run against us.
"Kelcy Quarles the best interior lineman in the game against the run."
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...-team/slide/16
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #75
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Seen Bucky badger play, not worried about them.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #76
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

UCS 35- WIS 21

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #77
BigAppleBucky
Walk On

Male

BigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spursBigAppleBucky has earned his spurs
Default 100% certain prediction

100% certain prediction:

Team with a head coach wearing a visor will win.

BigAppleBucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #78
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

27-17 Badgers.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #79
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 860000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

I see our fans have little faith. So I will be the one that says WE BLOW THEM OUT.
52-10 COCKS
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #80
Dangelol
Walk On

Male

Dangelol has hatched from the shell

I'm not sure if it's just me but I'm honestly not worried about this game. I have seen Wisconsin play and haven't been impressed. Additionally I think we will have a considerable home field advantage.
Dangelol is offline   Reply With Quote