CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
uscgamecocks88
MWard
Sindarius Thornwell (976)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (701)
Well gameday just go (500)
Happy Birthday, Coac (450)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (398)
Your most famous twi (331)
Unsung Hero (256)
South Carolina @ Aub (251)
Softball takes final (158)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (150)
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Season Rankings Thread...
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Connor Mitch

Old 12-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #41
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ticket sales going well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
*They're
Really? Couldn't just leave it be?

Old 12-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #42
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #43
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

better seats for cheaper on Stub Hub unfortunately.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #44
1982Gamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws

I needed 8 together and GC would only allow me 4 priority and 4 others (wouldn't be together with initial 4). So I went through bowl site (Ticketmaster) and got 6th row upper deck at face- no delivery charges since I opted to print at home. This way I got exactly what I wanted- I picked the seats. For what it's worth, when the GC opened to the public yesterday, tix where I'm at are same price but couldn't have gotten 8 together unless I wanted to go up to higher rows. So I'm happy! Go Cocks!
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #45
kellsta
Walk On

Male

kellsta has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Really? Couldn't just leave it be?

no Shit! What does it matter!
kellsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #46
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982Gamecock View Post
I needed 8 together and GC would only allow me 4 priority and 4 others (wouldn't be together with initial 4). So I went through bowl site (Ticketmaster) and got 6th row upper deck at face- no delivery charges since I opted to print at home. This way I got exactly what I wanted- I picked the seats. For what it's worth, when the GC opened to the public yesterday, tix where I'm at are same price but couldn't have gotten 8 together unless I wanted to go up to higher rows. So I'm happy! Go Cocks!
Yep... This is what I did... When you can pick which seats you want to sit in, that is hard to beat. The GC ticket office needs to get with the program... They will continue to not sell as many tickets the way they do business right now
Old 12-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #47
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982Gamecock View Post
Usually you can ask them to just have them assign all 8 in second priority. Instead of getting the first 4 and then letting others go before giving you the second selections. But you still wouldnt of been able to pick the seat like with the ticket sites.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:10 AM   #48
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

BlueHerons has feathers coming inBlueHerons has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
\ Most likely, Wisconsin will have more fans than we will down there.. Hell, there was more Michigan fans last year in Tampa.

Surprisingly, even though there is a massive group of Michigan alumnus on the west coast of Florida, there were a pretty even number of Gamecocks versus Michigan fans at the game.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #49
gamecockfootball62
4-Star

Male

gamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPit

<p>Since the tickets are going pretty cheap on these sights,,, we should see alot of Garnet in Orlando. I know alot of people who are going and making a small vacation of it because the prices are reasonable. My wife forbidded me to buy tickets,,, she told me I should wait. I think that's my Christmas present. I don't have to worry about lodging because I have family from SC that live in Deltona. So all I need is gas, food, and tickets.</p>
gamecockfootball62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #50
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

The Gamecocks have distributed 9,000 of their allotted 12,500 tickets to their Jan. 1 Capital One Bowl game appearance against Wisconsin and are confident demand will continue through game day, senior associate athletics director Charles Bloom said Tuesday.- The State
Old 12-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #51
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

The allotment sold is apparently ahead of the Outback last year and the Capital One in 2012.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #52
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
The allotment sold is apparently ahead of the Outback last year and the Capital One in 2012.
This is what I read as well. Im guessing we will have somewhere near 20K (this is how many Carolina fans were in Tampa last year--estimated)
Old 12-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #53
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Got our tickets. Once again the Gamecock Club screwed us. Not only did they put us in the end zone corners, they split our 5 tickets up into 3 and 2 seats.

Never again GC, never again. From now on I'll only buy from the bowl itself.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #54
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Got our tickets. Once again the Gamecock Club screwed us. Not only did they put us in the end zone corners, they split our 5 tickets up into 3 and 2 seats.

I wonder how often this happens. It seems I've read where several people have said it's more beneficial to buy from outlets other than the school. Sorry to hear your tickets aren't what you had hoped, but I'm glad you'll be there! I'm envious of all who will be.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #55
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:

Sorry to hear they did that to you. Looks like Ray has some work to do with the Gamecock Club and how they handle post-season ticket sales. Imagine if we were in a BCS game and this kind of crap happened.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #56
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I wish I could be there but I just don't have the money.Glad to see we will be represented well though.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #57
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockfight21 View Post
better seats for cheaper on Stub Hub unfortunately.
Ticketmaster is even cheaper in some sections. Section 316 on StubHub was $64 and $50 on Ticketmaster.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #58
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudly

Quote:

I think they are trying to be better but they have some issues still. I called to see how my tix would be assigned and didn't like what I heard. I let the girl on the phone know that we would be ordering our tickets through another avenue despite our combined 50 years of GC Club membership.

We decided to wait and order them through stubhub. Got 4 lower level mezzanine for 100 each when they were 92 through the club.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #59
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Sorry to hear they did that to you. Looks like Ray has some work to do with the Gamecock Club and how they handle post-season ticket sales. Imagine if we were in a BCS game and this kind of crap happened.
Yeah, I have not bought tickets through the GC since the Independence Bowl. I blame some of it on what tickets the bowl offers the GC, but there are so many ways they can improve how they handle ticket requests. For one thing, when you call the GC ticket office, have people answering the phones that have a clue. I asked the guy basic questions, and he acted like I was speaking another language. Pretty sad.

Acock Now: that sucks, but I'm not surprised.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #60
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:

That totally sucks man