CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
ReadR00ster
4gamecockfb
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2839)
how has more ESPN an (1578)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1111)
Gamecock Legacy recr (766)
Women's bb - Deshiel (506)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
22 ways to annoy peo (391)
$15 home AC (368)
Hope Springs Eternal (303)
Why sports will alwa (255)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Steak and eggs
how has more ESPN anounce
Season Rankings Thread...
Byron the bunny...fear th
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 12-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #181
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ahmad Christian is Transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
No he didn't tell them a month ago. The Staff member I spoke to very much confirmed they were all caught off guard. Why some of you need to continue to make excuses for a situation that was handled piss poor by the player is beyond me but that seems to be the way of the new generation. Always someone elses fault or always someone else to blame. We will move on and yes its his life and choice but that certainly doesn't mean the situation was handled properly.
So does the older generation not know how to read then, I wrote, "If he had told them a month ago and he might have for all I know it would have been nothing but a distraction"...if you get he told them a month ago from that then you need to take a reading comprehension class. I have no idea when he told them or if he told them and have asked someone to provide a source and your not a reliable one since you also said he is likely headed to Coastal...I do not assume anything and have only reported what has been reported from journalists, I have blamed no one, made no excuses and only said the kid is moving closer to home to be close to his ailing mother according to numerous news outlets and the school has yet to publicly address the situation I assume out of respect for Christian, but you go ahead and tell us how smart you are and how much you know as I have said I only know what has been reported!

I'm hardly the younger generation as I use to sit and eat dinner with Coach Felton as a kid and play ball with Brent Price, Troy McCoy, Joe Rhett, Barry Manning, Terry Dozier, Sterling Sharpe, Robert Brooks, Ryan Bethea and my favorites Jo Jo English and Norman Floyd. As I type this I'm looking at an autograph picture of the Coach and the 87-88 team from the Gamecock room in the old Peddler Steak House in Five Points as well as an autographed picture from Coach Felton out of the old Five Points Café and an autograph football from Crazy Zac's, but you the man!

Last edited by qcgamecock; 12-13-2013 at 10:23 AM.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #182
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Baseball is every bit a grind. The season is long and you are playing pretty much every day. Being lazy is not likely to make you successful in any endeavor, especially including professional baseball. You know nothing, Jon Snow.
That came straight from someone who played collegiate baseball.. Pitchers don't do shit.. That's why half of them are over weight. They might jog here and there at the most.

As for the bolded part I agree. were talking about someone whos going from football to baseball and prefers his ganja rolled in swisher sweets.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #183
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

BTW...Yall bicker too too much.....Anyway this transfer is going to hurt us big time before all said and done....We really needed AC next year...
Old 12-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #184
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
BTW...Yall bicker too too much.....Anyway this transfer is going to hurt us big time before all said and done....We really needed AC next year...
Agree and apologize! Wish he would stay but hope someone makes us forget all about him in the spring, fall and this time next year.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #185
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Agree and apologize! Wish he would stay but hope someone makes us forget all about him in the spring, fall and this time next year.
...Im pretty sure someone will step up...But we have some really important games early in our schedule next year so I worry about the maturity and learning curve till around game 7...
Old 12-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #186
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
...Im pretty sure someone will step up...But we have some really important games early in our schedule next year so I worry about the maturity and learning curve till around game 7...
Though we only have a few returning CB's I feel confident with the knowledge that we cross train our secondary and we have quite a few members of the secondary with experience returning as well as LB's to ease the transition for the new CB's whomever steps up...we learned first hand the last 2 years every game is important and the SR class is going to be very hungry next year, it starts with the preparation to beat some Badgers....
Old 12-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #187
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

I really hate to be disrespectful of this upstanding gentleman, but did I miss the game where this guy looked like a competent cornerback?

Regardless of whether he handled this well or not, I really just fail to see how any other John Doe we plug into that position could be much worse.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #188
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
I really hate to be disrespectful of this upstanding gentleman, but did I miss the game where this guy looked like a competent cornerback?

Regardless of whether he handled this well or not, I really just fail to see how any other John Doe we plug into that position could be much worse.
I agree wholeheartedly. Not bashing this guy, but if we can't find someone to replace him then we have some real depth issues.
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #189
unmeaty
Recruit

Male

unmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPit

I think it's safe to say that Mark Richt has lost control of the fallout from Marquis North's catch over Ahmed Christian to put UT in position to pull off the upset.

We all saw this coming after the Baylor game with Texas. Nick Saban certainly knows what it takes to win ball games while wearing socks, so I guess Christian knows too.

When you see something like this happen all you can do is remember what ole unmeaty tole ya that day in the forest: "stop stepping on my feet when you walk".

Confirmed for splinters.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #190
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:

Perhaps, but the coaches played him more than any other non starter at CB.....what exactly does that say. The problem is we only remember the not-so-good plays because all the other ones he had done well.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #191
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

the georgia play was a blown coverage/bad call that wasnt necessarily his fault. after the game everyone wanted to blame gurley and spurrier made a point afterwards to say it wasnt his fault and ward ended up taking responsibility for them catching us in the wrong defense.

all corners get beat, his coverage was solid last season and he had potential to be a quality player here. thats moot since hes gone, now we gotta hope we can find the quality and depth to offset his loss.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #192
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
the georgia play was a blown coverage/bad call that wasnt necessarily his fault. after the game everyone wanted to blame gurley and spurrier made a point afterwards to say it wasnt his fault and ward ended up taking responsibility for them catching us in the wrong defense.

all corners get beat, his coverage was solid last season and he had potential to be a quality player here. thats moot since hes gone, now we gotta hope we can find the quality and depth to offset his loss.
THIS. Seriously. The kid was young and was absolutely improving. He got beat bad a few times, yep. But those weren't all solely on him. It definitely sets us back that he is leaving
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #193
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:

You don't hate to be disrespectful or you would not have posted this crap! Christian played in every game this year, so name 3 terrible plays that he showed incompetence at CB. No disrespect to you but if the coaches regarded him as the 3rd best corner on the team then for you to say any John Doe could take his place is idiotic!
Old 12-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #194
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Regardless of anyone's opinion on his play this year, the coaches had him as our nickelback and 3rd best CB on the team. And the only returning CB next year that had any significant playing time and he is now leaving.

We're razor thin at CB and his leaving hurts.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #195
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
You don't hate to be disrespectful or you would not have posted this crap!!
Oh, you caught me.

I think people are a little too sensitive about how their comments are perceived on a computer about an arrogant football player who is having his education paid for through playing a game.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #196
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

We need Marty Markett to step up next year!
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #197
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Good luck to him.