CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
eaglegolf018
SAETerrier
JerseyBird
uscgmck
HelleraisingCock
gamecock88
roosterdude21
Latti
Spurrier_Superior_On
Larenz Bryant update (1125)
Hillsborough (584)
Joeckel Transfering (577)
UK's Whitlow to tran (540)
2016 - Greg Little (518)
2015 - Chris Clark (505)
Bamberg High School (349)
USC Tartan Unvieled (341)
Its April 15th and i (316)
response from charte (248)
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Kelcy and Vic questioned
response from charter abo
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
14 Dining-Related Taboos
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez

Old 12-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #81
BadgerBadger
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
BadgerBadger has hatched from the shell
Default Re: I admit, I love Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Go to any tailgate in the SEC, and look at the scenery... You will quickly learn why we live here...
No doubt. But my post was a joke in response to the dude who claimed The South did worse shit than the Civil War.

Oh, and I'm married to an ASU Sun Devil, so I don't need to be instructed on how to spot babes, thank you.
BadgerBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #82
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I have some friends that grew up in the upper parts of Wisconsin and they used to be amazed at the number of roads that we have around here. They said up there you could go for miles and miles and never see another road than the one you're driving on. And my cousin's husband is from up there, but I won't tell you what his mom said the first time she came down here to visit.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #83
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle is crowing loudlyCockyInSeattle is crowing loudlyCockyInSeattle is crowing loudlyCockyInSeattle is crowing loudlyCockyInSeattle is crowing loudlyCockyInSeattle is crowing loudlyCockyInSeattle is crowing loudlyCockyInSeattle is crowing loudlyCockyInSeattle is crowing loudlyCockyInSeattle is crowing loudlyCockyInSeattle is crowing loudly

I've traveled through Wisconsin, ate some good food and met a lot of nice people. I tend to try to find the good food of every region. Except Oklahoma. Worst. BBQ. Ever.

Every region has their stereotypes. For example, everyone in the NW hates Californians. After living here a while, I understand. Whenever you see someone driving like they own the road, they will almost always have a California license plate.

The transplants to Seattle from CA will let you know within the first five minutes of conversation that they are from CA, like it is supposed to impress you. Fortunately, it's rare that any transplants make it through two winters here.

Anyway, I can say without a doubt that the state with the most rednecks is not even in the south. Unless you consider Ohio the south.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #84
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Bait thread

Please don't ban me
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #85
Bigdsrip
Walk On

Male

Bigdsrip has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Go to any tailgate in the SEC, and look at the scenery... You will quickly learn why we live here...
Wisconsin gets a bad rap nationally about this (see every generic Hollywood fat joke despite Wisconsin possessing a lower obesity rate than literally every state in the SEC) but we do just fine in the scenery department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLG5N5jPXnw
Bigdsrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #86
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 100200
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I don't really care what they do, as long as they stay the hell up there and don't move down here with their pasty white thighs, salty cars, and fried sauerkraut diets

Have fun at Bubba Gump's and Hyman's, and buying the palmetto t-shirts, and taking selfies on the Battery - and then go back home to your craterized hellhole cities and sieg heil at union meetings while you bitch about your union dues. I don't have a problem with you visiting but don't contact any real estate agents, don't pick up any pamphlets, don't touch any of those free real estate magazines with lists of properties, and for God's sake DO NOT call anyone you already know down here and spread the disease - stop the infection by TAKING I-26 NORTH when you're done VISITING.

At the VERY least the upper midwest has something going for it that the rust belt doesn't - the states are actually scenic - Wisconsin and Michigan especially - flat-out amazing - I've been to Apostle Islands and the Porcupine Mountains, the U.P. and Isle Royale - all are fantastic - but I CAME HOME.

There is only one reason why they call it the heartland - because everyone that lives there doesn't have any brains.
Almost approaches the epicness of the Ohio post...