CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
ccured
sporkgod50
i29gman
The Yancey
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spurticus
The #AskEmmert Q& (626)
Stadium Ratings-Site (556)
Peach Bowl name retu (320)
Construction of Worl (320)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (313)
Save Electricity By (284)
HELP calculating acr (237)
NBA Wants to Up Age (221)
How Experienced In P (168)
Salut Salon "We (89)
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Sweet Corn!!!
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Kelcy and Vic questioned
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez

Old 12-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #181
dharrisfan2003
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
dharrisfan2003 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Getting to Know Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemurraycock View Post
Badgers - Does Jakarrie Washington getting dismissed from the team hurt or do you have good depth at that position? I know he is a freshman but he played in 11 games..
http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...from-wisconsin

Also how is Dallas Lewallen coming along?
Lewallen is doubtful for the Bowl game. Andersen's still holding out hope, but it doesn't sound promising right now.

As said earlier, Washington was a ST guy. Not a regular player by any means for us on defense.
dharrisfan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #182
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

This without a doubt will be our toughest game in two years! I think
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:48 AM   #183
zbadger
Walk On

Male

zbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrisfan2003 View Post
Lewallen is doubtful for the Bowl game. Andersen's still holding out hope, but it doesn't sound promising right now.

As said earlier, Washington was a ST guy. Not a regular player by any means for us on defense.
Lewallen doesn't sound too promising, but the biggest harm with that is Oline depth. Voltz (Lewallen's backup) actually was the original starting center before he got hurt in August I think and then Lewallen replaced him. They are pretty equal talent wise. If something happens to Voltz though, Badgers will be in big trouble.
zbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #184
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Thanks for the update guys!
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #185
simplesimon
Recruit

Male

simplesimon is learning to pecksimplesimon is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
The difference between those videos is the quality of the defenses in both of them....
my thoughts exactly. our speed will allow us to contain a lot of those runs. great looking back none the less.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #186
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Zbadger, here iis an update from the Wisconsin Coach. The first question he was asked in his interview was "What was his major concern playing South Carolina". here is his comment:
"Their overall team speed is a concern. They have very talented athletes on both sides of the football."

That includes both Defense and Offense, like I stated early as a Fact, Wisconsin has not faced a more Physical and fast team this year.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #187
zbadger
Walk On

Male

zbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayserv View Post
Zbadger, here iis an update from the Wisconsin Coach. The first question he was asked in his interview was "What was his major concern playing South Carolina". here is his comment:
"Their overall team speed is a concern. They have very talented athletes on both sides of the football."

That includes both Defense and Offense, like I stated early as a Fact, Wisconsin has not faced a more Physical and fast team this year.
Clemson was quoted as saying Ohio State will be the most physical foe they've faced. So what's your point?

What do you expect the coach to say about his opponent? South Carolina is terrible and has no chance against us?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #188
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbadger View Post
Clemson was quoted as saying Ohio State has the biggest deuchebag of a coach they've faced. So what's your point?

What do you expect the coach to say about his opponent? South Carolina is terrible and has no chance against us?
changed it for you, you made obvious errors.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #189
zbadger
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
changed it for you, you made obvious errors.
haha, i'm ok with your changes.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #190
TAFC 5 1981
4-Star

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Changes made

I would trade Dabo for Meyer to coach at CU
Old 12-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #191
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
If I were you, I would trade Dabo for Larry, Curly, or Moe.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #192
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
I would trade a $100 for $1,000,000 too.

What are you? Your avatar is hideous and confusing. I'm disoriented.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #193
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Please place your avatar on the fire on your way out.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #194
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

zbadger, first off welcome to our board. It's always great getting visitors during bowl season who know their teams and can talk about it politely even when disagreeing. Please continue to ignore the handful of our fan base that like to show their ass.

I looked it up for you, and you were right, Wisconsin is 2nd in the nation with plays of 50+ yards (actually tied with 3 others). You guys had 15 such plays. For what it's worth, we had 10.

On the back-and-forth debate that's been going on here about Melvin Gordon vs. Mike Davis - it seems the people who evaluate draft classes differ, but all consider both Gordon and Davis to be highly ranked RB's whenever they are eligible.
One other source I looked at (CBS), just looking at the 2016 graduating class (which both these guys are) had Gordon #3 and Davis #4 in that group. I'd say both are excellent RB's and will have good games on Jan. 1. The only reason I doubt Gordon as a high NFL draft pick is that I haven't seen as much as I would have expected to see from Wisconsin's recent NFL alum. Ball, especially, surprised me in not being able to win the starting job in Denver and log most of those snaps. You go back a ways to guys like Ron Dayne, even ... I have a pet theory that Wisconsin running back's are a lot like Texas Tech quarterbacks - the system they play in allows for them to put up absolutely crazy numbers in college. But then when they get thrown into an offensive system that isn't geared completely around them, they become more or less pedestrian. For that reason, I like Davis over Gordon - but again, they're both excellent RB's and should be playing on Sundays.

Focusing a little on the bowl game - the one thing I haven't seen anyone talk about here that I think could turn out to be pretty pivotal in the game and how the teams match-up is the pace of the game. Wisconsin runs a pro-style offense with lots of between the tackles running. South Carolina runs a multiple offense that utilizes a lot more passing and therefore able to score a lot more quickly. If USC is able to hold UW to a few punting situations early in the game while having its own success scoring early, UW could find itself quickly in a hole that might force it to pass more than it is comfortable doing. On the other hand, if UW has success getting first downs with a groud-and-pound offense and gets enough scores early, we could be looking at a plodding game that could wear out our defense.

It could also turn out to be a game where USC also plays a plodding offensive style and tries for clock control. If that's the case, you could be looking to see who wears out who faster, and you've already said UW lacks depth. And USC can be very good when it comes to holding onto the ball and wearing a defense out. For one example (against an admittedly far inferior team to UW), USC held onto the ball for over 43 minutes against Arkansas.

Just a few random thoughts I had after reading over this great thread you started. Again, thanks for being here to talk about the game.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #195
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I don't think UW can match up with Roland/Ellington/Byrd/Jones at all. IMO, they haven't seen a receiving group that presents as many problems as these 4 guys do. Any one of them can beat you.

UW has to get to Shaw and get him flustered or running .. otherwise, our offense is going to EAT.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #196
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Thought this was pretty damn funny regarding Melvin Gordon. From a Rivals analyst's scouting of Gordon back in his senior year of HS:

Quote:
SCOUTING REPORT ON MELVIN GORDON
by Barry Every - 08/09/2010
SpeedDivision I Player
SizeDivision I Player
StrengthDivision I Player
AgilityBlue Chip
AthleticismBlue Chip
On the Hoof: Gordon is built like a potential safety or outside linebacker. He has wide shoulders and a muscular, athletic build. Has a build similar to UCLA defensive back Rahim Moore.
Needs Improvement: Running with more forward body lean will help Gordon with yards after contact and durability. He also must work on becoming a better route runner and catching the ball away from his body.
Most Impressive: Has an extremely versatile body type and could project as a safety or even grow into a linebacker. His body structure is very impressive as he looks to have the durability to do some damage on the football field.
Conclusion: An almost sure bet to redshirt if he stays at running back. I believe he will have to make a position change in order to become a starter for a major BCS level school.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #197
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I don't think UW can match up with Roland/Ellington/Byrd/Jones at all. IMO, they haven't seen a receiving group that presents as many problems as these 4 guys do. Any one of them can beat you.

UW has to get to Shaw and get him flustered or running .. otherwise, our offense is going to EAT.
This is definitely where our advantage lies offensively.

Then on defense, force Stave to beat us.

That's the simplest way to state it.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #198
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I'm excited for the Hampton vs Abbrederis matchup. Should be fun to watch and I think Vic has a good chance of keeping him in check.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #199
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

[quote=zbadger;4031960]Clemson was quoted as saying Ohio State will be the most physical foe they've faced. So what's your point?

What do you expect the coach to say about his opponent? South Carolina is terrible and has no chance against us?[/QUOTE

Zbadger, the point is Wisconsin Coach stated if Wisconsin Can't Pass, Wisconsin will lose. Wisconsin Coach also stated how fast as a team the Gamecocks are. The Wisconsin Defensive Coached talked about big plays hurting the team. Who on Clemson team made the statement. Do you think after losing 5 in a row being the #6 team in the country they would give credit to a more physical, faster, larger team. Give me a break. Zbadger your good but on Jan 1 you will face the fact that Wisconsin is a good team, but they are not the beast of the past. On the other hand, Carolina right now is the best team in school history. We started the year in the top 10 and finished the year in the top 10. Yesterday Shaq Roland after practice stated from the film Wisconsin likes to play man to man. Who do you think will match up man to man Wisconsin DB's vs Gamecocks receivers. From everything I have seen I believe the HBC is going to pass the ball a lot.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #200
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

I agree our receivers are going to be a big problem for the badgers. Stopping their running game consistently concerns me though.
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote