CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
COCKYWOOD
b381l
Sindarius Thornwell (976)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (701)
Well gameday just go (500)
Happy Birthday, Coac (450)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (398)
Your most famous twi (331)
Unsung Hero (256)
South Carolina @ Aub (251)
Softball takes final (158)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (150)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Season Rankings Thread...
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Connor Mitch
Burger Kings angry whoppe

Old 12-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous
Default SEC All-Freshman Team

Gamecock Players who made the team!

Pharaoh Cooper "twice", Elliott Fry and Skai Moore!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
TaiwanCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell
Default Re: SEC All-Freshman Team

Thanks. SEC press release.
TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Congrats to them and well deserved.
Still perplexed how Skai didn't make All SEC this year.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Having Robert N'Kimdiche on there but not Carl Lawson is a joke.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Having Robert N'Kimdiche on there but not Carl Lawson is a joke.
Lawson is a BEAST.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Lawson is a BEAST.

That's him running over an All-SEC LT.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
CockyMBA
Recruit

Male

CockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Arkansas, Ole Miss and South Carolina each placed a league-leading four members on the 2013 SEC All-Freshman Team , while Florida had three members.
Pharaoh was listed in TWO positions so he counts twice. This is why I could care less if we're not getting the 5-STAR guys all the time. If I'm not mistaken, all of our kids were 3-star guys, but they performed at HIGH levels... in the SEC...as TRUE freshmen.
CockyMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyMBA View Post
Pharaoh was listed in TWO positions so he counts twice. This is why I could care less if we're not getting the 5-STAR guys all the time. If I'm not mistaken, all of our kids were 3-star guys, but they performed at HIGH levels... in the SEC...as TRUE freshmen.
Actually Cooper and Moore were bumped to 4 stars before signing day if I'm not mistaken.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
sosfan812
Blue Chip

Male

sosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudly

Quote:
I agree on not getting guys just based off of their stars but I'm pretty sure both Cooper and Moore were 4 stars on at least one or more ranking sites at the end of last year. Have you ever wondered what our coaching staff could do with classes like bama and florida seeing what they have done with our 3 stars.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #10
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

Congratulations. After all their hard work and effort, its great to see these young men recognized.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #11
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I remember back in the day if we had one listed on the honorable mention list it made bold letters on the sports page....
Old 12-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post

That's him running over an All-SEC LT.
That's nuts!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #13
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
I hear what you're saying, but keep in mind that Arkansas had 4 position players on the all freshmen team. Bama and LSU had one player each. It's not necessarily case that the Arkansas' two and three star players are better than Bama and LSU's four and five star players, it's just that the Arkansas freshmen have the opportunity to play more. That's part of the reason Arkansas didn't win a conference game.

I take it as a sign of strength that only one of our position players made the all-freshmen team.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #14
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
I hear what you're saying, but keep in mind that Arkansas had 4 position players on the all freshmen team. Bama and LSU had one player each. It's not necessarily case that the Arkansas' two and three star players are better than Bama and LSU's four and five star players, it's just that the Arkansas freshmen have the opportunity to play more. That's part of the reason Arkansas didn't win a conference game.

I take it as a sign of strength that only one of our position players made the all-freshmen team.
This! Lesser teams give freshman the chance to play more. But you'll see these 4-5 stars later on when it's First and Second team SEC comes up.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Was cooper the only freshman that returned kicks or something? He was pretty good but our return game as a whole was awful this year.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #16
HiltonHeadCOck
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 240
HiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervous

Surprised Clayton Stadnik did not make it. He won freshman of the week award a couple times I think?
HiltonHeadCOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #17
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiltonHeadCOck View Post
Surprised Clayton Stadnik did not make it. He won freshman of the week award a couple times I think?
I'm not sure if redshirt freshman count on this list....I could be wrong but I don't think they apply.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #18
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Those are the three I expected to get recognition. And they are all true freshman! My, the future is blinding
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #19
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Congratulations!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote