CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
U-Dub Gamecock
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
Regalcock
b381l
catdaddy66
NJCocky14
BREAD (462)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (431)
South Carolina @ Aub (348)
Dress shirt help (293)
Starz Black Sails (249)
Best Child Acting Pe (153)
Sindarius Thornwell (113)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (57)
Unsung Hero (47)
Well gameday just go (13)
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
South Carolina @ Auburn S
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
Grill 225 (Market Pavilli
TOSHIBA Satellite i7 lapt
How to cut the mustard
Kelcy and Vic questioned
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit

Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #281
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Dexter Wideman - Florida State

What about the pics he took with all the SC commits at the Shrine Bowl?
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #282
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

He is definitely not going to Auburn.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #283
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
He is definitely not going to Auburn.
I think he's trying to relate when Mack - a USC commit at the time - had his picture taken with many AU commits at the all-star game, and then ended up switching to AU, with Wideman - a FSU commit at the time - having his picture taken with many USC commits at the Shrine bowl. As if it may indicate that Wideman may end up switching to USC....
Old 12-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #284
CharlotteGameCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
CharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
All I meant was how he may have tipped his Hand like mack did
Thanks - I get what you're saying now. Appreciate you responding.

Hopefully the pic today means good news for us.
CharlotteGameCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #285
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I think he's trying to relate when Mack - a USC commit at the time - had his picture taken with many AU commits at the all-star game, and then ended up switching to AU, with Wideman - a FSU commit at the time - having his picture taken with many USC commits at the Shrine bowl. As if it may indicate that Wideman may end up switching to USC....
Exactly. I just woke up and definitely didnt feel like typing all of that out
Old 12-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #286
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Exactly. I just woke up and definitely didnt feel like typing all of that out
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #287
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

NM.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #288
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

difference in mack and wideman is, im sure wideman is much more respectful and doesnt go to FSU games trying to get those guys to decommit...,much like mack did at carolina games...tool
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #289
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Erik Mack watched his buddy get murdered before the 2012 season and he never mentally recovered from it. He left the football team after that season, but stayed in school. It was a horrible situation and it's sad that he was in it.

Wideman may being tipping his hat, but nothing matters until an LOI is signed and a player is cleared by Acceptance Admins.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #290
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

They predicted him to switch long before today
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #291
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
I have lots of kids in my classes that are perfectly bright, they just don't do any work whatsoever. Not saying that's the case with Wideman, but sometimes just listening to them is misleading.
I think it's poor family support many times and don't have a father figure in their homes.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #292
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wideman, who is committed to Florida State, was the most dominant player during the practice session. The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Wideman has long arms and excellent explosiveness and though he is projected currently as a defensive tackle long-term, he’s definitely got the skill set to play defensive end in either a 4-3 or 3-4 alignment early in his career. Wideman was only slowed once during drills when he took too wide of an angle. The Top247 prospect, who is an Under Armour All-American has special potential. Though he remains committed to the Seminoles, in-state South Carolina is making progress flipping him.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Shrine-...y-Top-5-166497

Quote:
DL Dexter Wideman of Saluda continues to struggle with his final decision. He remains committed to Florida State but is still considering USC. When asked if his commitment gave the Seminoles the edge, he said, “I mean…I’m just going to wait and take my officials (visits) and I’ll make my decision after that.” Wideman is sure of one thing, it will come down to these two schools. “Nobody else is talking to me because they know it’s between them two,” he said. Wideman take his official visit to USC January 17th and has not scheduled his visit to Tallahassee. He will receive a visit from Florida State Thursday at his school and expects to schedule his official visit then. USC assistant coach G.A. Mangus has already been by to see Wideman recently. “He just told me that I was looking good and to keep doing what I’m doing,” Wideman said. “We scheduled my official visit while he was here.” With the decision weighing on Wideman, he is trying to turn his focus elsewhere for the time being. “Right now, I’m just getting ready for the Shrine Bowl and the Under-Armour game,” he said. He does not have a leader.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...c-against-fsu/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem

Last edited by CoverTwo; 12-17-2013 at 12:45 AM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #293
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Get those grades right and come be a Gamecock
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #294
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

"making progress flipping him" - I like the sounds of that haha.

Only thing that worries me is that FSU has the hole natty title thing going for it.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #295
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

I'm hearing he moved his official announcement to NSD
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #296
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

He is dragging this out way to far. If you are going to make your "final" decision on NSD then why stay committed to FSU. FSU deserves to know much sooner than NSD if he is going to switch his commitment. This kid has some issues and his thought process is pretty messed up. He is pretty much as irritating as Poona Ford.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #297
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
He is dragging this out way to far. If you are going to make your "final" decision on NSD then why stay committed to FSU. FSU deserves to know much sooner than NSD if he is going to switch his commitment. This kid has some issues and his thought process is pretty messed up. He is pretty much as irritating as Poona Ford.
Calm down. Back away from the recruiting forums. Seek medical attention....
Old 12-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #298
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Calm down. Back away from the recruiting forums. Seek medical attention....
I'm calm and don't need medical attention, just calling it how I see it. Sorry, but this kid needs to get his act together.

Last edited by JDRAY^#; 12-17-2013 at 05:53 PM.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #299
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

he's been dominating at shrine bowl practice and talking some trash.....it ain't bragging if you can back it up.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #300
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

If he came here would he start?
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote