CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ReadR00ster
eaglegolf018
ccured
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
Thenardier
ucan'tlickourcocks
ColaCock
The Yancey
donbgamecock
Stadium Ratings-Site (826)
NBA Wants to Up Age (497)
Construction of Worl (413)
Peach Bowl name retu (402)
Save Electricity By (364)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (354)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (329)
HELP calculating acr (304)
How Experienced In P (250)
40 Ways You Know You (218)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Jameis Winston's Accuser
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
What is your perfect egg?
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Name a Gamecock
Stadium Ratings-Site rate

Old 12-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #41
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Victor Hampton to declare for the NFL draft

Would any of you guys like to see him hurt is SR year, like all the big name talent that went down this year?

I wouldn't.

Here's the video.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #42
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

I think he'll be back!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #43
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/allaccess/

I count him as gone.

He has said as much in the presser after the Clemson game and nothing really makes me believe otherwise.

Here's the thing:

If you want Vic to stay, root against him in the Capital One Bowl. Cheer if he gets burned and has a bad game because it will hurt his stock.

If Vic has an interception or two and does great on special teams (which he will HAVE to do in the league whether as a return man or a gunner or something) give him a final standing ovation as a Carolina Gamecock.

I have no doubt that if he has a good game, he is gone. He will do great at Pro Day no matter what because Pro Days are set up to specifically make players look like stars.

I love the effort Vic Hampton brought in each and every game wearing the garnet & black. In fact, his worst trait was that he sometimes took it upon himself to do too much.

HE WANTED TO BE A LEADER ON THE TEAM.

He stepped up and did his best here and I applaud him for his years here.

If he goes after the bowl game, I do not blame him at all.

Also...at the risk of my membership on this board...F anyone who says he is or was a me first player here.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #44
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Also...at the risk of my membership on this board...F anyone who says he is or was a me first player here.
yerp

except he's gone after the bowl game regardless, but I understand. He has that mentality that he's going to do well no matter what and that's kind of what you need to be a dominant player.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #45
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
yerp

except he's gone after the bowl game regardless, but I understand. He has that mentality that he's going to do well no matter what and that's kind of what you need to be a dominant player.
Article on TBS saying Hampton still hasn't made a final decision.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #46
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Article on TBS saying Hampton still hasn't made a final decision.
K
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #47
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Vic definitely stepped up into DJ's role as the vocal leader. I wonder who's next.. I like Golightly
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #48
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I hope he comes back, but wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go. It's an opportunity that few people get.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #49
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Always assume they leave. They rarely choose otherwise.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #50
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 51000
Garnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervous

Also...at the risk of my membership on this board...F anyone who says he is or was a me first player here.[/quote]

Hahahaha ^^This^^
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #51
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Yet another one of our players who could use one more year to improve draft stock ala Ace Sanders and help us win the SEC which I think we would have done had Ace stayed. We would have not lost a regular season game if Ace had not bolted. Great Gamecock but I'll always have a small amount of bitterness towards Ace. I hope Quarles changes his mind and comes back.
Ok, Dabo

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #52
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

He's a good solid CB but I don't think there is anything spectacular about him. I doubt he can improve his draft stock much by staying. I think he will be a 5th or 6th rounder no matter this year or that, so whatever he wants to do.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #53
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He's a good solid CB but I don't think there is anything spectacular about him. I doubt he can improve his draft stock much by staying. I think he will be a 5th or 6th rounder no matter this year or that, so whatever he wants to do.
He's physical and a very good cover corner. I agree w/the 5th rd. this year, but I think it'd be in his best interest to come back. There's still some poor tackling on his behalf. Kid is a player though for sure.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #54
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

He said if he isn't projected as a 1st or 2nd rounder he's going to consider staying. Smart young man.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #55
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Yet another one of our players who could use one more year to improve draft stock ala Ace Sanders and help us win the SEC which I think we would have done had Ace stayed. We would have not lost a regular season game if Ace had not bolted. Great Gamecock but I'll always have a small amount of bitterness towards Ace. I hope Quarles changes his mind and comes back.
im not demanding that you change your mind, but i dont agree. there are way too many variables. we lost the lsu game with ace because we didnt run the ball with the lead, we did the same thing this year without him vs tennessee.

we absolutely would have been better with him, but that doesnt mean our flaws wouldnt have ended up costing us a couple games like they did his last year here.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #56
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
yerp

I think that's a big reason why Sherman has become so good, he was a 5th rounder but he has that attitude and desire to succeed. Hampton has been a little shaky tackling but I could see him being a very good NFL player in the right environment
Old 12-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #57
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

CockyCash: 36110
GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material

I hate to see any of our guys go, but I can't hold a grudge. They have to do what they feel is best for them. You will die before you please everyone.
GamecockSHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #58
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
http://www.gamecocksonline.com/allaccess/

I count him as gone.

He has said as much in the presser after the Clemson game and nothing really makes me believe otherwise.

Here's the thing:

If you want Vic to stay, root against him in the Capital One Bowl. Cheer if he gets burned and has a bad game because it will hurt his stock.

If Vic has an interception or two and does great on special teams (which he will HAVE to do in the league whether as a return man or a gunner or something) give him a final standing ovation as a Carolina Gamecock.

I have no doubt that if he has a good game, he is gone. He will do great at Pro Day no matter what because Pro Days are set up to specifically make players look like stars.

I love the effort Vic Hampton brought in each and every game wearing the garnet & black. In fact, his worst trait was that he sometimes took it upon himself to do too much.

HE WANTED TO BE A LEADER ON THE TEAM.

He stepped up and did his best here and I applaud him for his years here.

If he goes after the bowl game, I do not blame him at all.

I agree, I think he's probably gone.....but he will likely not go any higher than the late 3rd round. Couple of predictions I've seen is he isn't one of the top 15. His performance in the Cap One will have very little to do where he's drafted.

Playing in the NFL is a life long dream and I hope for him he gets to fulfill that dream. He's earned it the hard way.

The thing I admire most of Vic is the fact that he has totally turned his life around. I was one of the doubters when he came and I was wrong. He has been a model student athletic fulfilling his responsibilities on and off the football field, including the classroom. He said he wants to come back in the offseason and get his degree....good for him. So we all have had the opportunity to watch him during his time here, now he needs to get paid for his football talents. I wish him the best in a long NFL career.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #59
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

As always I will say thank you for the memories and wish him great success in the NFL!
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #60
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

go make dat money son

good luck!

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote