CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
usc1
Cock Kool-Aid
Order 66
rosstheboss
uscsandstorm85
**USC vs. Charleston (4433)
Kelcy and Vic questi (2536)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (906)
US Air nsfw tweet (744)
I like how Frank sou (673)
boiled peanuts (506)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (474)
Tax day freebies (457)
Sweet Corn!!! (193)
Last 5 years in the SEC
Bamberg High School Baseb
Connor Mitch
2015 - Chris Clark
Aggie game coming in from
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
Bruce, Vic & Kelcy si
Name a Gamecock
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
The case for Clowney at #

Old 12-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default I Hope Wesley Green Reads This

http://georgia.247sports.com/Article...ulldogs-166710

^Free 247 Article on why Shaq Fluker is leaving UGA.

From the article:

Fluker confirmed his departure to Dawgs247 on Tuesday afternoon, saying his decision had to do with a lack of playing time stemming from a lack of opportunity being given during his one season at UGA.

“It didn’t go how it was supposed to go when they recruited me,” Fluker said.

"Many times transferring to another school is for the best," Richt said, "and we certainly wish Shaquille nothing but success in achieving his academic and athletic goals."

UGA listed Fluker as having an "illness" on official injury reports. Though Fluker says he was to be medically cleared, UGA did not allow him to practice after the midpoint of the season.

Saying he grew frustrated by the lack of opportunity, Fluker chose to leave the team for good during Thanksgiving break and begin looking for another school.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: I Hope Wesley Green Reads This

This is basically the same message that another UGA DB, Brandon Langley, has been upset about. The coaches told him he would start day 1, and he did indeed, but then they benched him.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Better yet... I hope whammy shows him this
Old 12-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

There's more going on here than meets the eye. He suffered a seizure during practice and never got medical clearance to play. You can spin that as the staff trying to redshirt him or looking out for his welfare, but it's not just an issue of the staff lying to the kid.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

This is what happens when coaches make promises they cannot keep. Our coaches tell recruits they will have the opportunity to come in and work hard to earn some playing time or a starting role on the team.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
There's more going on here than meets the eye. He suffered a seizure during practice and never got medical clearance to play. You can spin that as the staff trying to redshirt him or looking out for his welfare, but it's not just an issue of the staff lying to the kid.
From what Fluker said:

They told him when they recruited him and through the summer that he would start. Then from the 1st game he was on the Injury report with an illness and never played. Then in October he was able to pass the medical exam, but the coaches told him that he wasn't even going to practice anymore and they were going to redshirt him. He's pissed b/c he didn't want to redshirt at all and felt like he could come in and contribute half way through the season. (He probably could have, their secondary is awful.)

Old 12-18-2013, 02:56 AM   #7
uga dawg
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
This is basically the same message that another UGA DB, Brandon Langley, has been upset about. The coaches told him he would start day 1, and he did indeed, but then they benched him.
QUOTE STRAIGHT FROM YOUR LINK

"Fluker's disappointment, he says, stems from the fact he heard through the summer and preseason that he had a chance to start".

you see that little word "chance"?

OK, just wanted to make sure.

the kid was also having back spasms, as well as having the seizure. this all happened in the summer, and he got zero reps at the position because of it. now, if it was mid october before he was cleared, why would you put him in a game, over guys who had already had their reps and playing time?

As far as Langley, he started, and got his arse beat like a rented mule in the first 2 or 3 games. Shaq Wiggins got a look after that, the kid balled out, and he got the position. This isn't stinger or pee wee football, where everyone gets to play. you don't perform, and you stand on the sidelines.

End of story.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:04 AM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

If a kid has a history of seizures, and hasn't had meaningful practice time since the beginning of the season, why wouldn't you medically redshirt him?

I don't think UGA coaches are all that honest with their recruits (Hey Terry, enjoy life at CB!) but in this case it's hard to find fault with the staff's decision.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:04 AM   #9
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 661
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

*facepalm, this thread is all kinds of fail. The guy has seizures, its not a coaches promise issue.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
QUOTE STRAIGHT FROM YOUR LINK

"Fluker's disappointment, he says, stems from the fact he heard through the summer and preseason that he had a chance to start".

you see that little word "chance"?

OK, just wanted to make sure.

the kid was also having back spasms, as well as having the seizure. this all happened in the summer, and he got zero reps at the position because of it. now, if it was mid october before he was cleared, why would you put him in a game, over guys who had already had their reps and playing time?

As far as Langley, he started, and got his arse beat like a rented mule in the first 2 or 3 games. Shaq Wiggins got a look after that, the kid balled out, and he got the position. This isn't stinger or pee wee football, where everyone gets to play. you don't perform, and you stand on the sidelines.

End of story.

Yep, gotta agree with uga dawg on this one. Kid just sounds a lil butt hurt

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post

The said he would start and he did. The coaches didn't lie to him. You have to earn your spot every week in practice. If they said you come to UGA and will never have to worry about being benched and will always start.....that's one thing. Don't perform you watch others that do. That's sports.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote