CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
rosstheboss
b381l
bigdog2003
hyoung912
Spurrier_Superior_On
carolina_corpsman
WeStillOwnUSC
2001 vs Sandstorm (1210)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1102)
Cunningham wants to (610)
Purple drank (457)
Horseshoes has been (232)
Clemson Georgia Game (232)
ESPN article on Clow (188)
Fumble party (171)
1964 World’s Fair (141)
Softball tops Georgi (139)
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2001 vs Sandstorm
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock

Old 12-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit
Default Jadeveon Clowney set for big finish

Jadeveon Clowney set for big finish
December, 18, 2013

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney said Tuesday he is as healthy as he has been all season and is ready to end his career strongly at the Capital One Bowl.

The No. 9 Gamecocks (10-2) face No. 19 Wisconsin (9-3) on New Year's Day. And a Clowney not slowed by bumps and bruises is a big plus for South Carolina.

The 6-foot-6, 274-pound junior has dealt with bone spurs in his foot and a strained muscle near his ribs this season, along with double- and triple-teams from opponents each game.

"Right now, my mind's on the team, trying to finish the season off strong and win this game against Wisconsin," Clowney said. "After that, I'll look forward to doing everything else."

For Clowney, that's prepping for May's NFL draft. He said a year ago that this season would be his last in college, and he took a final bow to South Carolina fans at the last home game as he was honored with departing seniors.

Clowney was the face of college football's offseason, largely because of his oft-replayed, helmet-popping hit on Michigan's Vincent Smith in last season's Outback Bowl.

But Clowney acknowledged 2013 was not the disruptive season he had hoped for -- he had just three sacks, 10 fewer than his record-setting sophomore year. However, the 20-year-old still believes he's ready for the next level.

Read the rest of this story here.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-finish-strong
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jadeveon Clowney set for big finish

Hope he goes out real big. I remember Alshon's last game. Hope we remember Jadeveon's!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Amazing he only had 3 sacks. If you would have told me that in August of last year I would've thought you were smoking crack.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

Wow. Poor Wisconsin.. I'd hate to be the QB that Clowney launches his NFL career on the back of.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I hope he does go out with a big game win but some people on here think Auburn would have run down our throat in the SECCG had we made it there, I'm don't think they would have. I guess we'll get an idea of how our defense might have done against Auburn in this game. They basically both run and run and run some more.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 9505802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

When you make the biggest hit in college football, maybe ever, its hard to top that.

But how awesome would it be to get another poster Jan 1?
Old 12-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

To be honest, with the way teams are playing us this year. I don't expect a big game from him.

Wisconsin's offense isn't built around slow developing plays. Smash mouth running with some passes to Aberderous (or however you spell his name).

I expect 3-4 tackles with maybe 1 being for a loss. Maybe a sack late if we are up by 7+ and they have to throw the ball. I expect the linebackers to fill their gaps and be more disciplined seeing as how they have almost a month to prepare for this game.

I expect a bigger game from Quarles than I do Clowney. Kelcy is going to have to be a man inside against the run.

I also expect a Gamecock W!
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

its a known fact our defensive plan is to get into the backfield to force great backs out of their lanes into the arms of another defender. Wisconsin if this was the 2nd game of the season would concern me. But now with the LT being benched against a 6'3 250lb Penn State DE. Clowney will disrupt in the backfield. Chaz Sutton also knows this is his last chance to impress the NFL Scouts that will be at the game. More trouble for Wisconsin. Same with Quarles. Not to mentioned the Wisconsin QB is just not that good.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #9
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
I hope he does go out with a big game win but some people on here think Auburn would have run down our throat in the SECCG had we made it there, I'm don't think they would have. I guess we'll get an idea of how our defense might have done against Auburn in this game. They basically both run and run and run some more.
It's true that they both run a ton. But how they're running is completely different. Auburn runs zone read schemes. Wisconsin runs their RB's in the more traditional fashion. That's why you've got 2 Badger RB's with more than 1000 yards while Auburn had Tre Mason as their RB and their next leading rusher was Nick Marshall.

It's still going to be an interesting challenge for our defense because we haven't faced anything like Wisconsin all year (I'd say UGA was the closest, but they had Murray to make us respect the pass more). But it won't be an indication of how we'd have played vs. Auburn.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I think he'll go out with a bang. It's his last game ever in garnet and black.

Same with Shaw.

No way they mess around this one.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

He was the most planned for defensive player i believe in the NCAA. Look at Riveas he is a shut down corner you don't hear his name because they do not challenge him. Same here he was doubled or tripled blocked THEN they would go the other way. He effectivity shut a half a field OR required 2 to 3 people to monitor him every play. That is something . A offensive player can still get the ball , a qb always has the ball a d lineman very different. The heisman voters are idiots and only look at glory positions not true talent.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #12
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

I have a feeling someone is going to get POPPED hard!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #13
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

Have ya'll checked out their roster? They have SEC size on the offensive line and defensive front 7. We aren't going to be able to push them around very much.

This should be a fun game to watch. Maybe better than last year's?
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #14
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Wisconsin spits out NFL caliber OL like Charlie Sheen drops MEME gold.

I'll be surprised if we can get much penetration