CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
spareparts
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
The Yancey
Sindarius Thornwell (1099)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (803)
Well gameday just go (561)
Happy Birthday, Coac (499)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (428)
Your most famous twi (399)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (385)
South Carolina @ Aub (264)
Softball takes final (180)
Lattimore's return. (128)
GTA V online
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Lattimore's return. An ar
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
How to cut the mustard
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit

Old 12-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #61
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: Victor Hampton to declare for the NFL draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Yet another one of our players who could use one more year to improve draft stock ala Ace Sanders and help us win the SEC which I think we would have done had Ace stayed. We would have not lost a regular season game if Ace had not bolted. Great Gamecock but I'll always have a small amount of bitterness towards Ace. I hope Quarles changes his mind and comes back.
How can you be bitter it is their choice

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:50 AM   #62
unccgamecock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
unccgamecock is sharpening his clawsunccgamecock is sharpening his clawsunccgamecock is sharpening his clawsunccgamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
How can you be bitter it is their choice
yeah that's some hatin' ass shit dude... wow

and fwiw ace is doing well so it's obv the right choice
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #63
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
He's physical and a very good cover corner. I agree w/the 5th rd. this year, but I think it'd be in his best interest to come back. There's still some poor tackling on his behalf. Kid is a player though for sure.
Ah...we don't need poor tacking CB's coming back. If we get a DJ Smith we will have an outstanding tackling CB. I, hate to be harsh, but he is NOT a Swearinger. DJ absolutely WON games for us... @ Tennesee, @ MSU. Vs. Arky, vs. NEB... Heck he showed up big vs. Bama. DJ. made a ton of huge plays. Tell me a play VH made like that? If he want's to come back and make life tough on some SEC WR, I 'll take it but he has to prove something, if thinks he is a big deal.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #64
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Ah...we don't need poor tacking CB's coming back. If we get a DJ Smith we will have an outstanding tackling CB. I, hate to be harsh, but he is NOT a Swearinger. DJ absolutely WON games for us... @ Tennesee, @ MSU. Vs. Arky, vs. NEB... Heck he showed up big vs. Bama. DJ. made a ton of huge plays. Tell me a play VH made like that? If he want's to come back and make life tough on some SEC WR, I 'll take it but he has to prove something, if thinks he is a big deal.
CBs and safeties have different jobs. DJ SHOULD have made more inspiring plays because that was his job on the field. Vic's job is to cover. I'm a huge Swearinger fan btw.

Also lol @ saying some high school kid is better than Vic.

Guess I know why you're on my ignore list. Shoulda been logged on and wouldn't have even had to read this post
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #65
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Not sure if serious...
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #66
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I think he probably goes also. Although I think there is a chance now that he stays, where as two weeks ago I thought he was as good as gone.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #67
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Yet another one of our players who could use one more year to improve draft stock ala Ace Sanders and help us win the SEC which I think we would have done had Ace stayed. We would have not lost a regular season game if Ace had not bolted. Great Gamecock but I'll always have a small amount of bitterness towards Ace. I hope Quarles changes his mind and comes back.

That's just crazy! What could act possibly do to stop us from taking two timeouts back to back in Tenn?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #68
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb

Some people on here are very spiteful of our players choices. You don't know all the factors that could be going on for them. If they wish to leave early thank them for being gamecocks and good luck in the NFL. So many d@mn negative nancies voicing an opinion the players could care less about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #69
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

Vic turned into one of my favorite players. He came in as an immature kid who made some personal mistakes and turned into a man who got his life together and is now ready to cash out. I don't blame him if he goes. If he stays it will be a piece of the puzzle to a possible championship year.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #70
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
If I was a player I would care less if I was a 5th round pick. You realize practice squad guys are getting 6,000 a week? Take the money and run Vic.
You're crazy if you think they're getting 6,000 a week. I've seen reports they make a little less than 100,000. Plus, how many guys stay on the practice squad more than a few years?

Is it worth it to make 100,000 for 4 years?? No!

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #71
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

FWIW: Practice Squad players make $95,000 per year.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #72
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post
You're crazy if you think they're getting 6,000 a week. I've seen reports they make a little less than 100,000. Plus, how many guys stay on the practice squad more than a few years?

JD
That's probably about right actually, because I'm pretty sure practice players are on contract for just the football season, not the whole year. They aren't getting 6k a week in the middle of the spring. I could be wrong though.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #73
palmettosc
Recruit

Male

palmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post

JD
Gosh it would be horrible to take a shot at your dream and be able to earn enough money to come back and complete your degree.
palmettosc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #74
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Vic really changed while at school. Was glad seeing him mature. Another Marcus took under his wing.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #75
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

I think he should evaluate well as a cover corner. And I think he will do well in the combine. Go get paid Vic.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #76
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
Gosh it would be horrible to take a shot at your dream and be able to earn enough money to come back and complete your degree.
Gosh it would be terrible to get another year of free school and free food and hopefully improve your draft stock and delay your dream by one year.

Most people in the NFL only last a few years. So what if he goes in for a few years and only makes $500,000 and has no degree? Do you really think he'll come back on his own dime and pay for that? I doubt it.

If he's projected to go early enough then yea go for it. But most are saying he won't go early so it's better for him to come back another year. That's all I'm saying.

And I'll fully support his decision and wish him the best either way. It's not my life so it doesn't really effect me. I wish the best for all of our players.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #77
ssladler
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 934
ssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his comb

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins."
ssladler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #78
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Ok, Dabo

?
Old 12-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #79
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

You guys really think vic is going to go undrafted or be cut in 1-2years? 1year wont change his physical abilities, and even at the league minimum hell probably end up a millionaire.

As a strictly personal decision it is very hard to determine what the best course of action is monetarily. Leaving early, however, reduces risk.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #80
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Hope he does well but I thought that his draft stock could go up with another year. I know he's good but I wouldn't put him in the same category as Antonio, for example.

Also felt like he could personally benefit from completing his degree.

All the best to him, regardless.