CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
acejrock
NJCocky14
roosterdude21
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7906)
Super-Efficient Ax (310)
South Carolina @ Aub (271)
BREAD (229)
Starz Black Sails (158)
Dress shirt help (148)
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Josh Cunningham Power For
2016 - Greg Little
2015 - Auden Tate
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?
What is your perfect egg?
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Connor Mitch

Old 07-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #21
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2016 - Stephen Davis, Jr.

Article via Rivals

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #22
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Article via Scout

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #23
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

"South Carolina was the first school to offer me and it happened when I was in eighth grade. During the middle of the school year I got the offer and I couldn't even believe it. It was a shock for me, but it has just pushed me to work harder."

AKA our coaches rock

Let's continue the Davis train. This kid is going to be a BALLER
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #24
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

8th grade is ridiculous.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:44 AM   #25
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Gotta do it for a hometown kid with this talent though.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #26
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous

Thread bump.

How did he do this year? whats his status looking like, we still in good shape with him?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #27
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
8th grade is ridiculous.
2016 means he is a freshman in I think. I don't mind offering so long as it's at least after 1 season of hs ball.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #28
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 161
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
2016 means he is a freshman in I think. I don't mind offering so long as it's at least after 1 season of hs ball.
Well, SC offered him while he was a 8th grader. Oh great another SC/AU match up for a RB, that ended well for AU last time *facepalm.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #29
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Well, SC offered him while he was a 8th grader. Oh great another SC/AU match up for a RB, that ended well for AU last time *facepalm.
I'm not fan of that then, but sometimes it's worth the risk I guess.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #30
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

He plays safety for df
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #31
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

This thread makes truly makes me feel old. Steve Davis, as someone pointed out, still holds the SC 100 record & he averaged something close to 10.5-11 yards per carry which was a record as well (possibly broken by meat or squeaky). So, based solely on the freak of nature his father was, I would have offered him in 8th grade too.

As far as any AU/SC battle, I recall Steve advising Marcus & that worked out pretty well for us.....just saying
Old 12-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #32
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
This thread makes truly makes me feel old. Steve Davis, as someone pointed out, still holds the SC 100 record & he averaged something close to 10.5-11 yards per carry which was a record as well (possibly broken by meat or squeaky). So, based solely on the freak of nature his father was, I would have offered him in 8th grade too.

As far as any AU/SC battle, I recall Steve advising Marcus & that worked out pretty well for us.....just saying
I think Marcus Roland from Dorman broke his 100m record.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #33
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

CockyCash: 200
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material
Default Re: Stephen Davis, Jr. Thread (2016 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Stephen told Marcus that one of his regrets was that he didn't play college ball in this state. He said that no one here knew who he was.
True story: I certainly know who Stephen Davis is. I mean, it's Stephen Davis, right? So this summer my daughter attended Gamecocks Volleyball Camp in Columbia. On the second day, this big guy comes up to the observation area toward the end of the day and walks over beside me to watch.

I look at him and think "that guy is somebody", but I could not put my finger on it. We ended up talking for about 15 minutes and said "later" as we were leaving. I kept trying to put him in a Gamecocks uniform to figure it out, but could not.

About a week later, it suddenly dawned on me that: "Hey, that was Stephen Davis!" He is correct that I did not recognize him, even though I know exactly who he is.

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #34
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Stephen Davis was the best high school player I ever watched, right there with Roscoe Crosby. Stephen won Gatorade's national player of the year award. A while back when Tim Montgomery of Gaffney was worlds fastest man Stephen joked about how he always whipped him in races in high school.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #35
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
Stephen Davis was the best high school player I ever watched, right there with Roscoe Crosby. Stephen won Gatorade's national player of the year award. A while back when Tim Montgomery of Gaffney was worlds fastest man Stephen joked about how he always whipped him in races in high school.
He didn't have the college career Bo had @ Auburn, but those of us old enough to have seen him in high school, I think, will all agree-He was our State's Bo Jackson/Herschel Walker back when he played for Sparkle City.

Clowney - different era, but he was/is/will always be the most athletically gifted monstrous freak of a human being I have ever seen play-he is playing w a hurt foot @ 60% or less & still would not trade him for anyone (I played against Macedonia & thought Courtney Brown was until JD came along).
Old 12-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #36
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Stephen Davis said he has second guessed going out of state(after the fact) because of the status a player would have received staying instate after he graduated.

Last edited by carolinacoast; 12-20-2013 at 09:38 AM.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #37
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

he goes to Dutch Fork, right? home pressure should help right?
Old 12-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #38
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
He didn't have the college career Bo had @ Auburn, but those of us old enough to have seen him in high school, I think, will all agree-He was our State's Bo Jackson/Herschel Walker back when he played for Sparkle City.

Clowney - different era, but he was/is/will always be the most athletically gifted monstrous freak of a human being I have ever seen play-he is playing w a hurt foot @ 60% or less & still would not trade him for anyone (I played against Macedonia & thought Courtney Brown was until JD came along).
Clowney would be that for me too, but I never saw him play in HS.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:17 AM   #39
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

Davis was over 6'0" 200 pounds and ran the 100m in the same time as Damiere Byrd. So think Marcus' size with Damieres speed. Our own version of Bo and Herschel is a good way to put it.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #40
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Clowney has and will retain 10x the mindshare in his home state because he stayed home and helped build something.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote