CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
ccured
Thenardier
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1916)
Can Tennessee get to (1300)
ESPN Article on HBC (1074)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (863)
Spread vs. aTm (808)
2 Crazy things (805)
Lindy's top 100 for (763)
Chick Redefines the (742)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (637)
The Bama series (523)
Name a Gamecock
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Get it while it's hot
2 Crazy things
Playstation 4
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina

Old 12-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #261
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material
Default Re: Next Texas Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Dabo is just goofy enough to turn down a Texas offer to try and get tater nation to love him more.
Don't know if anybody is that stupid. The Texas job would be cake, especially if he pulled some of his staff over with him. If nothing else Clemson has been a recruiting machine the past few years.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #262
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
You're right. He is a different kinda coach. He is able to convince his employers to pay his asst's big, big bucks to do the...coaching. He is all about management and PR, not to mention looking after the kids and keeping a lid on the local media when one of them crosses the line. He's good at that stuff and let's face it, if Dabo goes, I'm certain it will put their program back a few years. Not like we've had a problem with them the last five years, anyway.

I don't think it will happen. But if it does, he gets to Texas and he will convince those boosters to get him the best in the business as asst's and he'll be the face of the Longhorns Network. It wouldn't affect us one bit until we beat him in the post-season.
If texas wants a real X's O's kinda guy, they should throw money at Chad Morris. That guy IS the reason for Clemson's success the last several years. If they want a "CEO" Dabo Swinney is one of the best in the country.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #263
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Dabo is just goofy enough to turn down a Texas offer to try and get tater nation to love him more.
Great point, the guy is all PR
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #264
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Dado is a younger version of mack brown. Politician to shake hands and kiss babies while hiring very good coordinators to run the show. I think they want to try to get away from that type but I could be wrong. Charlie strong is odds on favorite out of Vegas at 2:1 odds
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #265
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I hope Dabo and company jump if they get the chance. Leave Clempson in disarray.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #266
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I hope Dabo and company jump if they get the chance. Leave Clempson in disarray.
Absolutely!
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #267
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

I'd love to see the meltdown in Dabo jumped ship.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #268
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesterFriendly View Post
Don't know if anybody is that stupid. The Texas job would be cake, especially if he pulled some of his staff over with him. If nothing else Clemson has been a recruiting machine the past few years.
This is the guy that called his team a national championship team at doorway to greatness after kicking fg to win the chikin bowl.

Not to mention tatertech will throw the checkbook at chad Morris. Not sure he will go with Dabo.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #269
splinters
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
splinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervous

I think it will be JIMBO for about 6.5 mill/yr
splinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #270
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
There wouldnt be one because Chad Morris would take over. (That is assuming Morris doesnt take a job before Dabo would leave. )
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #271
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Wrong. Dabo is the best think to happen to Clemson. He wins enough to keep the job but clearly puts an inferior product on the field. I love Dabo at Clemson. He's fun to laugh at and Clemson will NEVER be a serious contender with him there.

If he leaves (assuming Morris doesn't get the job) and they get a real coach in the ACC, they could make some noise. I hope they keep Dabo for life.