CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
Spurrier_Superior_On
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Diamond DeSheilds, U (3172)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1262)
Gamecock Legacy recr (836)
Women's bb - Deshiel (563)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
22 ways to annoy peo (452)
Hope Springs Eternal (375)
Byron the bunny...fe (277)
*Official 2014 NHL S (207)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (202)
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
how has more ESPN anounce
Steak and eggs
2015 - Davon Durant
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Name a Gamecock
UK's Whitlow to transfer
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 12-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #21
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Can Cure Jerry Jones' Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Nicknamed "Lucky"?

That's hilarious! Nice one!
Old 12-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #22
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

you wrote that on FB?
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #23
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

GET A REAL GM, JERRY!

I don't know much about the real business side of the NFL but it seems to me that being an owner AND a GM doesn't work well.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
GET A REAL GM, JERRY!

I don't know much about the real business side of the NFL but it seems to me that being an owner AND a GM doesn't work well.
jj's ego is his biggest problem imo. had 2 of the best coaches and when they were ready to set the world on fire, pulled the rug from under them and hired a loser so he could steal the credit. how'd that work for ol jere?
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #25
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
The Cowboys need a defense, not a new quarterback.
Ditto
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #26
RockRocks787
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I'd love to see him on the Chiefs roster personally. He could spend a couple years learning under Alex Smith, who I see him as very similar to.
That would be cool with me.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #27
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 200
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

**** the cowboys
Old 12-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #28
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
We already know that they need a quarterback that knows how to run the clock out when you have a lead.

Romo is catching tons of flack for audibling out of a run at the end of the game and throwing an interception.

If you know anything about Tony Romo, that has been his habit pattern when the game is on the line.
The overwhelming preponderance of wisdom is, that yes, he's making mistakes, but he's doing it because he KNOWS he's got to outscore everybody because he KNOWS his defense can't stop anybody. If you know anything about the Dallas Cowboys, that is.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #29
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

I say the Cowboys need a leader. They need character. They need someone Dez could call one of his homies. They need Stephen Garcia...
Old 12-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #30
NJCocky14
Recruit

Male

NJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Hey, I don't want him to be stuck with the Cowboys but most people on this board aren't even convinced he'll get drafted.

There are many teams that would fit him better; it's just a question of who will give him a shot.

I will go ballistic if he doesn't get drafted.
That's because he probably won't. Most have him projected as a 7th-FA guy, which more often than not means undrafted.

I love Shaw as much as everyone else here, but you have to look at it objectively. I just can't see him ever being successful in the NFL.
NJCocky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #31
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

This is just embarrassing.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #32
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
**** the cowboys
Amen, Brother!!

This simple prayer has sustained me over many decades.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #33
Gamecock Billy
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 0
Gamecock Billy is sharpening his clawsGamecock Billy is sharpening his clawsGamecock Billy is sharpening his clawsGamecock Billy is sharpening his clawsGamecock Billy is sharpening his claws
Send a message via Yahoo to Gamecock Billy

I have to say for the first time in a long time I am shocked.
First Connor is better than begging for a roster spot on a terribly ran franchise.
Secondly you people posting about how bad Romo iis really need to stop watching FB period.
Is he perfect HELL NO
But they have had a terrible oline no run support til this season and a terrible and I mean TERRIBLE D.
Plus Jerry Jones is the GM
If you put Shaw in this circus with these same set of circumstances Dallas wouldn't win a game period.
I love SC and Shaw
I love Dallas but that is a recipe for a cluster **** !!!
Gamecock Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #34
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

I love it BUT i'd love him to be back up for Cam on the Panthers. You're right about being a natural leader . His off and on field mentality would be a huge benifit.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #35
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Romo is 1 of the top 7 or 8 QBs in the NFL.
The Cowboys need a Defense not a QB.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #36
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Romo is 1 of the top 7 or 8 QBs in the NFL.
The Cowboys need a Defense not a QB.

what this guy said
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #37
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Shaw just might get drafted, but I bet he ends up at WR.

Would love to see him make it as a qb in the league, though.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #38
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Haha Romo has 29 TD/9 INT 3600 yards this year. The whole Romo sucks thing is way overblown.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #39
taylorssc
Swag Out

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Isn't he bypassing the NFL to join the military?
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #40
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

while i love connor praise as much as the next man, we need to keep anything cowboys related away from the cockpit before it jinxes our team.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote