CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
COCKYWOOD
uscgamecocks88
MWard
SanAntonioCock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8282)
Sindarius Thornwell (868)
Best Child Acting Pe (529)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (503)
Well gameday just go (421)
Happy Birthday, Coac (359)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (347)
Your most famous twi (239)
South Carolina @ Aub (218)
Unsung Hero (217)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Connor Mitch
How to cut the mustard
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Any news on Max Schrock
Burger Kings angry whoppe
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 12-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #41
bcolinc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spurs
Default Re: Connor Can Cure Jerry Jones' Woes

The Cowboys are better off with Jerry Jones behind center than Romo
Old 12-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #42
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Haha Romo has 29 TD/9 INT 3600 yards this year. The whole Romo sucks thing is way overblown.
Yeh except when he blows his chances every year in the play offs. I don't care what your stats look like, if you lose games you should win, and then choke in the playoffs every time you make it, your not NFL material.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #43
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Yes, draft a replacement to the guy we just gave 100m to....just kidding everyones fired.

-Jerry
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #44
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Yes, draft a replacement to the guy we just gave 100m to....just kidding everyones fired.

-Jerry
Yeah I guess in Dallas they just give money away, because Romo does not deserve a 100m contract for any team.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #45
highstick
Walk On

Male

highstick is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
I would never want Connor Shaw to be a part of that dysfunctional organization. Shaw can be a NFL player but not with the 'boys. Until Jerry Jones leaves (and that's not going to happen), that team will continue to be in disarray.
Amen, amen, amen...and if it happens, I'll be lobbying for the US Army to draft him to save him from Jerry Jones' dysfunctional organization...Even Don Imus mocks JJ for being an idiot!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #46
highstick
Walk On

Male

highstick is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
I love it BUT i'd love him to be back up for Cam on the Panthers. You're right about being a natural leader . His off and on field mentality would be a huge benifit.
Might not be a bad situation now that Cam has some experience and it would give Connor time to learn and develop.

I'm a Panther fan(I can't not be since I live in Rock Hill and work out of Charlotte)...Cam had a lot of baggage to overcome with me personally because of the garbage at Auburn while he was there, but I've I've gained a lot of respect for his game since then. He was a very raw, but exceptionally talented athlete. Now, he's developing the right mental attitude and his QB skills have improved drastically. He was a weak QB coming out of Auburn, but he's coming along great...I've almost forgiven him...

Connor would fit it great...throws good, runs well, great leadership abilities...if something happened to Cam, the Panthers would not have to modify game plans...Hmmm..let's start lobbying the "other Jerry"!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #47
bronamath
Recruit

Male

bronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spurs

Shaw reminds me of Andy Dalton.
bronamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #48
TAFC 5 1981
4-Star

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spurs

I am not a SC fan, but don't dislike them either. Cowboys and Jerry Jones are a different matter, they don't deserve Shaw.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #49
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Joe Louis was 137 years old
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #50
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I just don't understand the people on here that claim Tony Romo isn't part of the problem. The guy is the most overrated QB in the league!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #51
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Dallas needs 25 different things before they need to draft a running qb. Start with a GM, a DC, d linemen and secondary, and so on.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #52
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I just don't understand the people on here that claim Tony Romo isn't part of the problem. The guy is the most overrated QB in the league!
They don't seem to understand that year after year he will run up great stats...

...and then cost them either 1) a game that would make or break going into the playoffs or 2) will cost them a playoff game.

*When I say "cost them a game", I know it's a team sport, but he can consistently be counted on to make rookie-type bonehead decisions that make every analyst in the nation go, "I don't get it; the guy has incredible stats."

Stats don't win the big games. The big games, you win any way you can, doing whatever it takes and avoiding mistakes.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #53
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Your absolutely right!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #54
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Dallas needs 25 different things before they need to draft a running qb. Start with a GM, a DC, d linemen and secondary, and so on.
All they needed last week was a quarterback that would hand the ball off to a running back and not audible into an interception.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #55
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
People are afraid to criticize Tony for fear of being labeled "Romophobic".
Old 12-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #56
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Joe Louis was 137 years old
NICE!!!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #57
palmettosc
Recruit

Male

palmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
They don't seem to understand that year after year he will run up great stats...

...and then cost them either 1) a game that would make or break going into the playoffs or 2) will cost them a playoff game.

*When I say "cost them a game", I know it's a team sport, but he can consistently be counted on to make rookie-type bonehead decisions that make every analyst in the nation go, "I don't get it; the guy has incredible stats."

Stats don't win the big games. The big games, you win any way you can, doing whatever it takes and avoiding mistakes.
Same thing would apply to Connor in the UT game this year and LSU last year if you're going that route.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #58
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
Same thing would apply to Connor in the UT game this year and LSU last year if you're going that route.
Connor is a an college player.

Tony is a highly experienced PROFESSIONAL. He has been playing at the professional level for 11 seasons.

Connor would be the first to admit he has a ton left to learn.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #59
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
you wrote that on FB?
Old 12-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #60
palmettosc
Recruit

Male

palmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Connor is a an college player.

Tony is a highly experienced PROFESSIONAL. He has been playing at the professional level for 11 seasons.

Connor would be the first to admit he has a ton left to learn.
Doesn't change my point. The players he played against weren't PROFESSIONAL.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote