CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
sporkgod50
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1797)
The #AskEmmert Q& (574)
Stadium Ratings-Site (417)
Construction of Worl (281)
Peach Bowl name retu (279)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (276)
Save Electricity By (228)
HELP calculating acr (201)
How Experienced In P (133)
NBA Wants to Up Age (128)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 12-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #821
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 - Wesley Green

I mean the writing is on the wall and it is huge!!! Come to USC and play corner your first year in the program and beat the dawgs next year!!
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #822
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

like most have said, this one comes down to where his heart is. Playing time... let's be honest, even the UGA coaches know that they stand no chance if he decides based on PT. I'm surprised no one on here is closer to the situation, most GA kids tend to have some insider ties
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:04 AM   #823
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I'm surprised no one on here is closer to the situation, most GA kids tend to have some insider ties
I love Cockytalk, but many of those insiders have been run off over the years.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:28 AM   #824
50ktight
4-Star

Male

50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
I love Cockytalk, but many of those insiders have been run off over the years.
Or exposed. There have been very, very few actual insiders on this site. Most are just imposters with accounts to pay sites.

GTJacket was one of the few legit insiders( worked for rivals and had a lot of connections), but he stopped posting few years ago.
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #825
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

In regards to Green, the staff feels good about our chances, but this one is going to come down to the wire.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #826
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
Or exposed. There have been very, very few actual insiders on this site. Most are just imposters with accounts to pay sites.

GTJacket was one of the few legit insiders( worked for rivals and had a lot of connections), but he stopped posting few years ago.
6 Stars tore it up too. Although he got killed for Dunlap's last minute switch to Florida. Good call on GTJacket, he always brought the goods
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #827
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
6 Stars tore it up too. Although he got killed for Dunlap's last minute switch to Florida. Good call on GTJacket, he always brought the goods
I believe ESPn4lyf has some connections. PvtWarlick is good too but I don't know if he has actual ties or not.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #828
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

where did Dunlap go to HS?
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #829
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Fort Dorchester.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #830
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 4200
2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
where did Dunlap go to HS?
Fort Dorchester
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #831
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:

Actually, GT worked in the athletic dept of Georgia Tech first. It was while he posting here and other places that he got into writing for Rivals. I know he was asked to run or help run a couple of sites. He is too busy now to post, although he posted this summer. I assume he doesn't miss posting here as some of the posters here are hateful.

BTW, most people don't pretend to be insiders. They research a lot, and keep up with recruiting, and repeat what they learned. It's the readers that are assuming they are insiders. As to what is an actual insider, no insider is an insider to every recruit. That is just impossible. The analysts read each others stuff.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #832
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
In regards to Green, the staff feels good about our chances, but this one is going to come down to the wire.
Speaking of "insiders," did a coach tell you that our staff feels good about Green? I know you can't provide a link to any of our coaches saying that.

Doubt it, but I've been wrong before.

I'm not picking on you, but our coaches don't comment on recruits.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #833
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Speaking of "insiders," did a coach tell you that our staff feels good about Green? I know you can't provide a link to any of our coaches saying that.

yes they do....they just don't make their statements public.....the pay site folks either know the coaches directly or they know someone that knows the coaches.....the coaches make comments, then the gist of their comments gets repeated on their sites, but never an exact quote, so I'm sure the coaches know what to say and what not to say....that's what the subscribers pay for.....I read TBS and GCC and get a ton of information on recruits. A lot of it is redundant, but I still like spending the time and seeing what's new each day at this time of year.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #834
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I read it on TBS. I read the info the writers put out then just summarize on here. I don't claim to be an insider, and if it came off as such I apologize. Like I said, just sharing what I read on a pay site.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #835
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I read it on TBS. I read the info the writers put out then just summarize on here. I don't claim to be an insider, and if it came off as such I apologize. Like I said, just sharing what I read on a pay site.
Don't apologize for providing info, that's why I come on here. If you're wrong, you're wrong. This is a discussion board after all.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #836
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Don't apologize for providing info, that's why I come on here. If you're wrong, you're wrong. This is a discussion board after all.
I was apologizing for potentially coming off as an insider. I don't mind sharing the info. It's fun to pass it along.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #837
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his comb

The info is garbage. Our coaches don't talk to those recruiting site guys about individual prospects. Nobody knows how the staff feels - except maybe their wives.

They might talk to a golfing buddy if that buddy doesn't work for or leak to a recruiting site. NCAA violation to talk about a recruit to the "press."
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #838
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:

Yep, when they get exposed, it's hilarious. I'm not gonna name names, but I'm sure we all know who I'm thinking of.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #839
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Spurrier was giving me the low-down on all the recruits, but as he was talking I kept getting distracted by what he was doing to a Pilates ball as he talked to me.

I mean, I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

Any-who, don't remember a damn thing he said.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #840
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
The info is garbage. Our coaches don't talk to those recruiting site guys about individual prospects. Nobody knows how the staff feels - except maybe their wives.

They might talk to a golfing buddy if that buddy doesn't work for or leak to a recruiting site. NCAA violation to talk about a recruit to the "press."
You apparently didn't read this thread 4 posts up.....