CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
ertman420
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
ESPN Article on HBC on on
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2 Crazy things
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Taj Griffin
The Bama series

Old 12-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #101
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: **USC vs. USC-Upstate GAME Thread**

Tough games now will help the youthful players in the future. They started off great then they seemed to be scattered. This is something that you can fix we have young talent. Once they learn to trust and communicate , winning will happen.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #102
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

#freejaylenshaw

Jumped the gun on Thornwell and Johnson I reckon. I really thought those two guys would put this team on their backs.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #103
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I'm just gonna come out and say it. We've had better basketball teams at USC.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #104
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

maybe we just can't be good at all 4 major sports at one time. I mean we are a top 10 team in football, baseball, and women's basketball.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #105
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

If this team cannot win against Upstate, I really don't see this team winning another game this year.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #106
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
If this team cannot win against Upstate, I really don't see this team winning another game this year.
I know tonight sucked and I don't blame you for being a prisoner of the moment, but that's a silly thing to say. Weird, flukey stuff happens in college sports all the time, especially basketball. Look at UNC this year, for example: they beat Michigan State and Louisville (when both were top-3 teams) and then lost to Belmont and UAB. I'm not directly comparing us to UNC, of course, but there's no reason to write off a team's season/potential when it's only December. Do we have to adjust our expectations a bit? Yeah, probably. The Baylor game got a lot of us really excited, and unfortunately it looks like we won't see that product on the floor for every game. But that doesn't mean this team can't accomplish anything.

Also, the people who are now acting like Martin is somehow a garbage hire when he's only in his second year are crazy. Remember how hopeless it seemed with Spurrier when we went 6-6 and missed a bowl? Thank god y'all weren't calling the shots then.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #107
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
How is USC blowing a 17 point lead "funny"?
because we are so bad it's laughable

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #108
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
I know tonight sucked and I don't blame you for being a prisoner of the moment, but that's a silly thing to say. Weird, flukey stuff happens in college sports all the time, especially basketball. Look at UNC this year, for example: they beat Michigan State and Louisville (when both were top-3 teams) and then lost to Belmont and UAB. I'm not directly comparing us to UNC, of course, but there's no reason to write off a team's season/potential when it's only December. Do we have to adjust our expectations a bit? Yeah, probably. The Baylor game got a lot of us really excited, and unfortunately it looks like we won't see that product on the floor for every game. But that doesn't mean this team can't accomplish anything.

Also, the people who are now acting like Martin is somehow a garbage hire when he's only in his second year are crazy. Remember how hopeless it seemed with Spurrier when we went 6-6 and missed a bowl? Thank god y'all weren't calling the shots then.
Based on what I have seen the last two games....I hardly think you can call tonight a fluke.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #109
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina2010 View Post
Pm me if you want to give tickets away... I'll go
Me too!
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #110
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Greg Marshall is laughing too.

How we never made this no brainer hire is beyond me.

Frank may get it right but if they'd have hired Marshall instead of Horn, we'd have a top 20 team.
You're joking, right? No way we'd be a top 20 team with Marshall instead of Martin. It took him seven years at Winthrop to get a team capable of actually competing in the NCAA tournament and his 9th year there before winning in the tournament. It took him until his 4th year at Wichita State to get them to the level they are at now. Don't get me wrong, as a longtime Winthrop fan I wanted Marshall to be the coach here, but it would have taken him a few years with some hard work to get us to the point of competing in the conference and making NCAA tournaments.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #111
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Everyone just chill. Our team looks like a project because our players are projects. That's the only kind of players we can get at USC right now.

They will grow together and get consistently better.

That being said, we need someone who can shoot. At this point there are people hanging out at Strom who are better zone-busters than anyone we have.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #112
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

As for the post that Dawn has consistently recruited five star talent to USC - that is not true. Until this year, she only had 1 five star recruit that I can recall - Kelsey Bone. Now, in her 6th year she has signed 3 five star players with a 4th one fairly likely. Rome was not built in a day and neither will the Gamecock basketball program. Frank Martin is a proven commodity as he took Kansas State to the Elite Eight. I also recall Kansas State fans being very upset when they lost him. On the contrary, Western Kentucky fans were delighted when we took Darrin Horn off their hands. I find that to be very telling.

I'm at every basketball game and have been at virtually every home game for 32 years. I hate to lose more than anything in the world, but if we don't get behind the quality coach that we have, we will continue to lose. Period. Who else is in?
Old 12-20-2013, 02:29 AM   #113
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
Everyone just chill. Our team looks like a project because our players are projects. That's the only kind of players we can get at USC right now.

They will grow together and get consistently better.

That being said, we need someone who can shoot. At this point there are people hanging out at Strom who are better zone-busters than anyone we have.
Been hearing this crap for years...no excuse losing to sc upstate and manhattan freaking rediculous

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:39 AM   #114
one90
Walk On

Male

one90 has hatched from the shell

One more thing. This season's uniforms are the ugliest a Gamecock basketball team has ever worn.
one90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:10 AM   #115
grannycock
Banned

Female

grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
As for the post that Dawn has consistently recruited five star talent to USC - that is not true. Until this year, she only had 1 five star recruit that I can recall - Kelsey Bone. Now, in her 6th year she has signed 3 five star players with a 4th one fairly likely. Rome was not built in a day and neither will the Gamecock basketball program. Frank Martin is a proven commodity as he took Kansas State to the Elite Eight. I also recall Kansas State fans being very upset when they lost him. On the contrary, Western Kentucky fans were delighted when we took Darrin Horn off their hands. I find that to be very telling.

I'm at every basketball game and have been at virtually every home game for 32 years. I hate to lose more than anything in the world, but if we don't get behind the quality coach that we have, we will continue to lose. Period. Who else is in?
I'm with you. I think our BB program was in much worse shape than any of us thought. If given the chance, Coach will fix this.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #116
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Was never a fan of the Martin hire, and say what you will, but losing to a branch campus is UNACCEPTBALE, period. Yes USC Upstate is a good program, but the talent level should not compare.

Martin can recruit, but player development is lacking. Look at last year, can anyone really say they have seen any player make any improvements from last year.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #117
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24590296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Was never a fan of the Martin hire, and say what you will, but losing to a branch campus is UNACCEPTBALE, period. Yes USC Upstate is a good program, but the talent level should not compare.

Martin can recruit, but player development is lacking. Look at last year, can anyone really say they have seen any player make any improvements from last year.
There are only a few key players remaining from last year's squad. The new additions appear, to me, to have a much higher ceiling than most of what has been brought in for quite some time. I believe the team will make significant progress, this year. This is the first team that we have that at least passes the "eye" test for an SEC team that I can remember.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #118
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

One could say they have regressed since the Baylor game....
Old 12-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #119
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Horn drug this program through the dirt. Frank was given basically nothing. He is trying. I say year 4 will be much better than we ever imagined

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #120
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

I tend to wonder if Martin and his looks and scolls don't have the guys wound so tight they do not perform like they are capable of.