CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
HelleraisingCock
SAETerrier
GamecockStud
bigdog2003
gamecock88
roosterdude21
JerseyBird
Larenz Bryant update (1468)
Joeckel Transfering (812)
UK's Whitlow to tran (618)
2016 - Greg Little (573)
Bamberg High School (406)
response from charte (402)
Victor Hampton Arres (382)
What type of snake i (339)
Wu Tang affiliated r (326)
13 Vintage Internet (182)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Joeckel Transfering from
Attendance next season
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
The case for Clowney at #
A'ja Wilson
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Victor Hampton Arrested
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Where will we be preseaso

Old 12-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #41
Cruzer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 855
Cruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: What is with all the hate on Clowney from every direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
It is funny when you think about it. They created the monster and when they no longer liked it or could control it, they decided to try and kill it. Most of the guys that report this kind of crap have probably never played the game, let alone at the Div 1 level.
So true.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #42
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 200
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
Clowney is the clear cut #1 pick without a close 2nd. Anyone who doesn't recognize this is showing their ignorance of football.
Using this blatant statement is ignorant as well.

If the #1 picking team has a desperate NEEd not at DE. they would be foolish to waste that pick on him...

He's the Best bet at his position, I will give you that...but discussions of number 1 pick is something for the pundits to blather over, team need determines #1 pick.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #43
Willy B.
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Willy B. has feathers coming inWilly B. has feathers coming inWilly B. has feathers coming in

Because he had a horribly disappointing year after being portrayed as one of the greatest of all time.

He was schemed against moreso than the past two years. And the coaches should have expected this. But it is disingenuous to suggest opponents' gameplanning completely cut him out of the picture. Or to suggest he was double/triple teamed on every down all year long. Plenty of times it has been pointed out when Clowney was being contained by a single lineman or quitting on the play.

Clowney has the stuff to be the greatest ever but he has a poor work ethic.

After all the flu, bruised ribs, offseason bonespurs missed by trainers, eating grapes-for-lunch excuses, I don't know how some of you are still pumping sunshine about Clowney's performance this season.

Someone here said if you'd have told them in August that Clowney would only have 3 sacks this season, that person would have been smoking crack. He's absolutely right.

The greatest of all time doesn't finish the season ranked 10th on the 2013 Gamecocks defense.
Willy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #44
gocockswyn
Two Deep

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
ESPN, Draft Reporters, Bleacher Report.. etc. They are all seemingly at the same time writing all these articles bashing Clowney? Wtf is going on?

I don't get it either....but, who cares..the Gamecocks love him!!
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #45
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post
Once the combine comes around, he'll amaze everyone and they'll all be kissing his butt again.

I doubt that he takes part in the combine. My guess would be that he gets his heel spurs, or whatever his deal is, taken care of, and then just does all of the combine type stuff on Pro Day.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #46
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
I doubt that he takes part in the combine. My guess would be that he gets his heel spurs, or whatever his deal is, taken care of, and then just does all of the combine type stuff on Pro Day.

I would be surprised if he doesn't do the 40. It doesn't mean anything but it is the eye-catcher
Old 12-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #47
Nuke LaLoosh
UFC ON THE SIDELINE

Male

Nuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spurs

Bet he goes before Boyd or Watkins.
Nuke LaLoosh is offline   Reply With Quote