CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Spurticus
MWard
ertman420
usc90grad
Cunningham wants to (1173)
ESPN article on Clow (775)
Clemson Georgia Game (658)
New Led Zep releases (151)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (146)
Truly Inspiring (133)
2014 garnet and blac (84)
2 tickets for USC vs (8)
Chick Redefines the (0)
The Bama series (0)
SEC Network "Take It
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
The Bama series
Clemson Georgia Game to b
ESPN article on Clowney -
2015 - Davon Durant
2016 - Issac Nauta
2015 - Jordan Scarlett -
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 12-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #221
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Tyshun "Deebo" Samuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
I would not be surprised to see any of our incoming recruits pass Jeffery/fuller/Brent.
Jeffery is the highest probability to transfer. And I don't know why everyone is counting out Jody Fuller, he's only a RS FR. Now for Brent I don't know what he's doing....But I think Davidson will jump all three and Kane needs to be on some type of scholarship!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #222
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

Deebo's coach said Deebo was best he's ever coached, and Roscoe Crosby was best he'd ever coached against. Said that the only difference between the legendary Roscoe Crosby and Deebo Samuel is two inches.... and college productivity, let's hope.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #223
Pty23
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

If there's any doubt about Deebo getting PT at WR next year, we need to teach him to play CB. Sure he might be amazing with the ball in his hands, but if Christian ends up leaving & possibly Martin too, then we've officially reached emergency status for CB next year. Need to move Smith back too.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #224
50ktight
4-Star

Male

50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Jeffery is the highest probability to transfer. And I don't know why everyone is counting out Jody Fuller, he's only a RS FR. Now for Brent I don't know what he's doing....But I think Davidson will jump all three and Kane needs to be on some type of scholarship!
Like you said Fuller is a redshirt freshman, meaning he has been in the system for two years. He is not close to getting significant playing time and continues to struggle catching the ball with consistency, a huge knock on a WR
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #225
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Fuller will be fine
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #226
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Article via Rivals

Photo feature via 247

Video via 247

Article via 247

Quote:
WR Tyshun Samuel of Chapman Thursday announced a commitment to USC. The Shrine Bowl selection also considered North Carolina and Vanderbilt but the Gamecocks moved to the top of his list once they offered him late last month. And that offer came shortly after he received a qualifying test score. ‘I’ve been waiting on this for a while,” Samuel said. “When they decided they wanted to take me as a receiver, they weren’t going to take another one.” Samuel made a couple of visits to USC this season and got a good feeling for the program. “I like the environment and the way they treat their players,” he said. “With the receivers we’ll have there, no one with stop us.” This season Samuel had 61 catches for 1184 yards and 15 touchdowns. He also scored 13 touchdowns rushing and two more on interceptions. He becomes the 15th commitment for USC’s 2014 class and the third wide receiver.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...pledge-to-usc/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem

Last edited by CoverTwo; 12-10-2013 at 12:06 AM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #227
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Holy crap he balled out wherever he was on the field.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #228
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

love this kid. so excited to have him coming in.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #229
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
If there's any doubt about Deebo getting PT at WR next year, we need to teach him to play CB. Sure he might be amazing with the ball in his hands, but if Christian ends up leaving & possibly Martin too, then we've officially reached emergency status for CB next year. Need to move Smith back too.

I hope they will move cooper back and let him come over and run the wildcat a little like Gilmore did. HBC was similarly smitten with gilmore but thankfully stephon made it clear he wanted to play corner so he could play on sundays.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #230
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Gilmore was a much better athlete than Cooper is. Cooper really struggled at Corner in the Fall which is why they brought him over to offense.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #231
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Gilmore was a much better athlete than Cooper is. Cooper really struggled at Corner in the Fall which is why they brought him over to offense.
Worked out for the best.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #232
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Cooper was never a true defensive player, Gilmore always was
Old 12-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #233
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

bumped to a 4* on 247 sports.
JDRAY^# is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #234
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

He'll get a huge bump on Rivals too. Kid is straight ballin' at the Shrine Bowl practices.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #235
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
He'll get a huge bump on Rivals too. Kid is straight ballin' at the Shrine Bowl practices.
Yep, everything I have read seems to say that deebo and wideman are the 2 most impressive recruits at the shrine bowl on the SC team.
JDRAY^# is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #236
partyguy708
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 25346000
partyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
Yep, everything I have read seems to say that deebo and wideman are the 2 most impressive recruits at the shrine bowl on the SC team.
((((((((((((((((YAWN))))))))))))))))) TOLD YOU!

Enjoys intellectually stimulating conversation.
partyguy708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #237
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
athlete? no way. pure cover corner? ya, he can't hold a candle to Gilmore. But overall athletically, they aren't far apart in terms of skillsets. Pharaoh just doesn't have the swivel hips that Gilmore does
Old 12-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #238
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
athlete? no way. pure cover corner? ya, he can't hold a candle to Gilmore. But overall athletically, they aren't far apart in terms of skillsets. Pharaoh just doesn't have the swivel hips that Gilmore does
I disagree. Gilmore is a better athlete by a decent margin.

Cooper has the other tools though. Physical, football saavy, and enough speed/quickness to be effective at his position.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #239
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I disagree. Gilmore is a better athlete by a decent margin.

Cooper has the other tools though. Physical, football saavy, and enough speed/quickness to be effective at his position.
Fair enough, I guess I define athleticism a bit different, as I'd include physicality and quick twitch/speed in those abilities. They look identical, at least to me, returning punts. The way they patiently let the return and blocks set up, the way he gets up field so fluidly and easily, like a ballet dance
Old 12-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #240
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Fair enough, I guess I define athleticism a bit different, as I'd include physicality and quick twitch/speed in those abilities. They look identical, at least to me, returning punts. The way they patiently let the return and blocks set up, the way he gets up field so fluidly and easily, like a ballet dance

I think you've been thinking about this too much.